Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Cards And Fusion Cores As Alert Rewards

Psychosist

I was thinking, in addition to the new Resource as rewards for alert missions, why not have mod packs and fusion cores as alert rewards, too?

Mods as rewards would work as a mod pack of 2-3 mods, drawn from the pool of all the droppable mods in the game (excluding Void-exclusive mods?). Kinda like buying a mod pack, except you're earning it. The mod cards will of course be rewarded at Rank 0, with one card guaranteed Common, one with a chance to be Uncommon, and another with a chance to be Rare (Rare mods include Warframe abilities).

Similar idea for Fusion Cores, they'd be rewarded in packs, except that their Ranks are randomly generated instead of set at 0.

It's a rough idea, but I've been needing lots of Cores for a while now, and there doesn't seem to be an efficient nor guaranteed method of farming them, considering that they drop just like the other 200+ mods in the game.

Obviously this will make the currently in-market Mod Packs even more useless but who even buys them anyway which is probably the only thing that's in the way of implementing this.

I like this idea. They could put fusion cores or a random mod as the third bonus slot on the alert pop up. So it would read:

box1                   box2                              box3

Credits       ? or resource        Fusion cores or random rare mod.   

Resource alerts are separate from the traditional item alerts.

The idea is good in theory, but considering how many different mods there are available, and how easy it is to acquire fusion cores, it doesn't seem like it would be adding anything of value. Unless you're suggesting an entire pack of fusion cores, I can acquire more from defense drops, and better ones as defense rewards if that is what I am seeking out. You would essentially run into the same issue as the resource alerts, where really common resources are popping up, and rare resources are dropping in bundles of 1.

No and for only this reason: adding more stuff in alerts will reduce chance of other stuff popping up.

Even mats are bad idea in RNG alerts.

This is true to an extent, but that would depend on how DE is currently handling the Alert system. It's either:

a) They've replaced some of the Warframe Parts/Catalyst/Reactor/Weapon/etc with Mats, which would make what you're saying true, or

b) They've replaced some of the credits-only rewards with Mats

As to whether or not this would reduce the chances of getting other items in alerts, it relies entirely on what is being replaced. But I see your point.

Resource alerts are separate from the traditional item alerts.

The idea is good in theory, but considering how many different mods there are available, and how easy it is to acquire fusion cores, it doesn't seem like it would be adding anything of value. Unless you're suggesting an entire pack of fusion cores, I can acquire more from defense drops, and better ones as defense rewards if that is what I am seeking out. You would essentially run into the same issue as the resource alerts, where really common resources are popping up, and rare resources are dropping in bundles of 1.

I'm suggesting entire packs of cores (though, packs of three for the sake of balance). I don't know how some other players get their cores, but at the moment cores are 100% RNG based. You can farm tons of defense missions, and if the game doesn't like you, you'll never get any Cores. This idea would at least guarantee you some Cores for doing the alert.

I get that this idea is a little bland and unappealing, and I get it perfectly, but all I'm really asking for is a more functional method of obtaining Cores, rather than just slaughtering 19842 enemies and hoping for some drops.

Edited by Psychosist

I don't even readily farm and score plenty offhand. However, I'm also not trying to max Serration or Redirection because that's a plain silly goal.

And the other point about how it won't really matter is that if you play an alert mission, unless you skip everything in the mission itself (if its not defense), you're going to score mod drops of some variety. Pretty sure even the missions I've rushed, I've never gone without picking up mods of some sort along the way. One or three mods as a reward is as bad as scoring 1 morphic, when i could just farm just about any defense for a higher yield in the same period of time.