The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Despair A Straight Upgrade Over Kunai?

Brimir

Question

I've been playing with the Kunai since, like, forever now. I love 'em. They are actually my best weapons because Sidearms are the only ones I have found Multishot for yet. They leave my Primary weapons in the dust...

Anyhow....

I finally managed to get my revenge on the Stalker and he dropped the blueprints for Despair. Should I make them? I looked at the Wiki but couldn't really tell if they are better or not.

20 answers to this question

Make them, potato them, forma them, they're much better. One could make the argument that light infested only receive half damage from them but those guys are chumps anyway. Your real problem with infested is ancients, something despair will destroy. Higher base damage and AP will do more damage to everything and much more for certain headshots.

Edited by Engelheim

Despair has 55 base damage, Kunai has 45 base damage.

Kunai deals 100% of its damage to anything except Grineer Commanders, Rollers, and Seekers. Those enemies apply their armor to reduce the damage.

Despair deals 100% of its damage to everything except Infested Chargers, Crawlers, Leapers, and Runners, to whom it does 50% damage. Additionally, it deals 150% damage to Grineer Lancers, Sawman, Scorchers, Troopers, and Shield Lancers. It deals 200% damage to the heads of Corpus Crewman and Techs (in addition to the standard x2 multiplier for headshots.)

Edited by Shmidley

The only advantage I know of that the Kunai has over Despair is that Kunai staggers.

I don't really mind that, actually. The stagger on Kunais bother me greatly as it makes landing consecutive hits in the same location on an enemy quite hard.

Someone said that between Despair and Acrid, Despair is best against Grineer and Corpus, while Acrid is best against Infested (does fine against other factions too). Although in higher level defense that Acrid will save more ammo due to its damage over time needles.

I've been playing with the Kunai since, like, forever now. I love 'em. They are actually my best weapons because Sidearms are the only ones I have found Multishot for yet. They leave my Primary weapons in the dust...

Anyhow....

I finally managed to get my revenge on the Stalker and he dropped the blueprints for Despair. Should I make them? I looked at the Wiki but couldn't really tell if they are better or not.

Have both capped and the Despair is way more effective with the same mods imo. Maybe later on down the road when the enemies are a bit tougher Kunai will rise again. :-)