Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Grinding, Farming & Rng

philleapa

I have been seeing a moderate amount of posts lately about warframe being "too grindy" " there is too much rng"

"I can't play 24/7 to get *insert moderately rare mod's name here* mod"

Now I don't consider this game grinding at all, if some people consider this game grinding, i would hate to see what they would say about games that are actually grinding.

Mostly the just complain and whine about not getting a certain mod or a certain BP from an alert.

Now mostly everything they say is just full of crap, One person was complaining about spending weeks to get streamline, which drove me nuts because for anyone that frequently does xini a lot of times streamline will show up as a wave 5 reward.

Now for everyone that has actually played a game where you did need to grind please voice your opinion on whether warframe has too much grinding or its impossible to win if you don't spend 24/7 playing, too much RNG is a bit questionable they are slowly improving the RNG system.

Anyways please voice your opinion and be nice, Please anyone that hasn't done any real grinding in their gaming life please don't come here to complain or anything just please wait and see what people who have actually experienced what real grinding is.

To me this game isn't that grindy at all. I would like to see what everyone else thinks.

The entire mod upgrade process required grinding, especially since Fusion Cores are never guaranteed.

Farming mats for new weapons is grinding.

Farming credits for blueprints is grinding (although credits are less so, simply because you always get them).

This game is all about the grind, it's how they've artificially extended their own game.

Just bought a blueprint?  Need 600 Plastids?  Prepare to run the same Saturn missions 50 times.

That is most definitely grinding, and I'd love to see it go away to a major extent.

rng being what it is, it is entirely possible to farm for one thing and never get it... very unlikely mind you, but still possible. ive had a few bouts of really bad luck with warframe, but nothing all that bad honestly. anything i have actually tried to get, i now have.

as for the grind in warframe, its nowhere near the grind that other games have. but i have to agree with what a mod said on a recent thread.

There is much worse grind out there. Much worse.

However - that shouldn't be any reason for anyone on these forums to feel they shouldn't give Feedback about making the grind more enjoyable/tolerable.

No matter how mild it is I'm sure everyone would welcome a situation in which it is even less of a problem.

This game is the least grindy f2p game I have EVER played. Look at WoW, WoTs, any MMORPG, it take years to get high end gear. You can get anything in this game within a week quite simply.

This isn't an MMO, it's a 3rd person shooter with an MMO grind slapped on top to hide it's thin attempt at progression and lack of challenge.

!...

The game makes us grind to get stuff.  It doesn't mean it is a bad thing itself, and it doesn't mean it demands as much grinding as other game to get stuff.  But still, the game IS based on grinding.  Get more mods/resources/blueprint to be able to get more powerful weapons/warframes so you can get more mods/resources/BP, and so on recursively.  This mechanism is called... grinding.

Edited by JamesSergon

!...

The game makes us grind to get stuff.  It doesn't mean it is a bad thing itself, and it does mean it demands as much grinding as other game to get stuff.  But still, the game IS based on grinding.  Get more mods/resources/blueprint to be able to get more powerful weapons/warframes so you can get more mods/resources/BP, and so on recursively.  This mechanism is called... grinding.

Exactly.  It's definitely not the worst thing out there.  And if it weren't so dependent on RNG, and maybe a bit more horizontal than vertical in progression, it would be great.  I actually enjoy farming materials.

But the mod upgrading system sucks....especially considering the results.

Itsn

This isn't an MMO, it's a 3rd person shooter with an MMO grind slapped on top to hide it's thin attempt at progression and lack of challenge.

MMO means massive multiplier online which Warframe is. Being its f2p they need to make money. To do this they need to cut off fast progressions to attempt to make money. You won't get everything handed to you on a golden platter in a second here, let alone any f2p game.

Itsn

MMO means massive multiplier online which Warframe is. Being its f2p they need to make money. To do this they need to cut off fast progressions to attempt to make money. You won't get everything handed to you on a golden platter in a second here, let alone any f2p game.

This is not an MMO.  Having a global chat doesn't automatically classify a game as an MMO.  You can only ever interact with 3 other players at a time.  That doesn't make this an MMO by a long shot.

"Warframe is a free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter video game, developed by Digital Extremes for Playstation 4 and Microsoft Windows. Players control a member of the Tenno, ancient warriors who have awoken from centuries of cryosleep to find themselves at war with the Grineer, a race of militarized humans, and the Corpus, a merchant guild. The Tenno use advanced armor with unique properties, called Warframes."

Genre(s) Third-person shooter

Edited by Bakercompany86

The game definitely has some grind to it but I see a lot of comments about people struggling to get mods or recourses that I don't find hard to obtain. I think the RNG gods just really love me or I'm just not so fixated on one thing for so long. When a grind pops up I'm having too much fun to care.

I have been seeing a moderate amount of posts lately about warframe being "too grindy" " there is too much rng"

"I can't play 24/7 to get *insert moderately rare mod's name here* mod"

Now I don't consider this game grinding at all, if some people consider this game grinding, i would hate to see what they would say about games that are actually grinding.

Mostly the just complain and whine about not getting a certain mod or a certain BP from an alert.

Now mostly everything they say is just full of crap, One person was complaining about spending weeks to get streamline, which drove me nuts because for anyone that frequently does xini a lot of times streamline will show up as a wave 5 reward.

Now for everyone that has actually played a game where you did need to grind please voice your opinion on whether warframe has too much grinding or its impossible to win if you don't spend 24/7 playing, too much RNG is a bit questionable they are slowly improving the RNG system.

Anyways please voice your opinion and be nice, Please anyone that hasn't done any real grinding in their gaming life please don't come here to complain or anything just please wait and see what people who have actually experienced what real grinding is.

To me this game isn't that grindy at all. I would like to see what everyone else thinks.

Having to get 2048 copies of a mod to level it one rank is the literal definition of grinding. Please use your brain next time you post, WF will be better place for it.

Persistence awards it's self everyone should earn the items and equipment they have..and everyone does...if it's playing the game or working that job they have or whatever.  There really isn't much of a grind at all IMpO. Go play wow for a week..or go IOS and play Order&Chaos or SWTOR or whatever it is you may be....IF you REALLY want to talk about GRINDING go play WURM ONLINE or EVE...those games..those games are grinding...takes years to even be an "average" player.

I am sure we can argue whether this game is an MMO or not but lets not, 

Now for anyone that has played a game purely based on the grinding system. You kill to get Experience and to level there are a few missions but your main source of xp is killing and you get all your stuff by looting or searching.

I used to play this game called dead frontier, i still hop on and off, Its an ok game but it gets boring its 99% grinding even if i set a goal i eventually quit.

With Warframe the only thing that has bugged me is all those mods i pour into serration and hornet strike. Over 400 mods everytime i try to level it up and it takes like 3-4 5 min sessions of clicking on mods to level it up, so in the end it takes 1,000+ mods to max it out again and again, but thats basically it every other mod can be maxed out without that much work.

The sad thing is i see people expecting to get everything in 1 run.

If you got everything in one run where the hell is the fun in that?

What do you do after you have everything in a game and have finished the game? You Quit

This game is a lot of fun (to me at least), it could use lots of improvement but don't expect to have everything handed to you.

Having to get 2048 copies of a mod to level it one rank is the literal definition of grinding. Please use your brain next time you post, WF will be better place for it.

I don't know why you had to quote my whole post, and yes i understand thats the definition of grinding but are you seriously going around doing missions for only 1 mod, is that the reason you do that one mission or that you are playing to get 2048 of the same mod?

Grinding is when the only thing you can do is basically grind to get anything without having fun.

I did a few cyath runs the other day messing around with some friends and in a few hours i accumulated around 500+ plastids, 20,000+ nano spores, and 1000+ mods and that was when i was having fun with friends, i wasn't mindlessly grinding.

I spend hours on top of hours just looking around in void, looking for secret rooms and searching and what not, the only thing i have yet to accomplish is get hornet strike and serration to max, i have crafted every warframe, i have tried out lots of weapons, i decorated around dojo, i even found a way to make a trampoline in the dojo.

This game doesn't require to always be mindlessly grinding, that isn't fun at all. and we play videogames to have fun (at least thats why i play).

Persistence awards it's self everyone should earn the items and equipment they have..and everyone does...if it's playing the game or working that job they have or whatever.  There really isn't much of a grind at all IMpO. Go play wow for a week..or go IOS and play Order&Chaos or SWTOR or whatever it is you may be....IF you REALLY want to talk about GRINDING go play WURM ONLINE or EVE...those games..those games are grinding...takes years to even be an "average" player.

I agree with you.

This game is the least grindy f2p game I have EVER played. Look at WoW, WoTs, any MMORPG, it take years to get high end gear. You can get anything in this game within a week quite simply.

Heh, in World of Warcraft, it takes years to get high end gear? Are you serious? Did you ever, I repeat, EVER play WoW?

The key to making grinding fun is to make a variety of ways to grind. For example, Mods are dropped almost everywhere, and you can get the from the Void, Defense, and Mobile Defense the fastest. Another example is when rare resources from bosses were far more common than looting, and if you wanted the drop you have to kill the same boss over and over (having more than one planet for the resource helps). Now, while the resources are still rare, you can do different types of missions now rather than run through the boss. One problem that exists now is that Defense is the only good place to get Void keys besides buying them, and for those who are sick of Defense they're pretty screwed.

Yes the game is grindy and I believe that this aspect will always be a part of the game.  That said, I believe that the game will eventually evolve to limit this to some degree.  

At the end of the day.  If you want to be a fast runner, you have to run at your fastest speed, a lot.  If you want to be a great artist, you have to practice your art a lot.  If you want buy a PS4, you have to work to earn money, a lot.  

The world is grindy.  It doesn't HAVE to be a terrible thing.

The entire mod upgrade process required grinding, especially since Fusion Cores are never guaranteed.

Farming mats for new weapons is grinding.

Farming credits for blueprints is grinding (although credits are less so, simply because you always get them).

This game is all about the grind, it's how they've artificially extended their own game.

Just bought a blueprint?  Need 600 Plastids?  Prepare to run the same Saturn missions 50 times.

That is most definitely grinding, and I'd love to see it go away to a major extent.

Actually, if you break all containers in a mission on the Grineer galleon type, you will net around 100 plastids per run. Since I'm going for the Dojo weapons now (which are decidedly end-game) I've been trying out pretty much all the tilesets to see which one yields the most resources per mission. As for mods, unless you're seriously unlucky with the RNG you're never going to have to grind for those. But that of course assumes that a) You're not looking to max out the mods like Serration and such and b) That you're only combining mods of the same polarity.

Actually, if you break all containers in a mission on the Grineer galleon type, you will net around 100 plastids per run. Since I'm going for the Dojo weapons now (which are decidedly end-game) I've been trying out pretty much all the tilesets to see which one yields the most resources per mission. As for mods, unless you're seriously unlucky with the RNG you're never going to have to grind for those. But that of course assumes that a) You're not looking to max out the mods like Serration and such and b) That you're only combining mods of the same polarity.

Miranda on uranus or Titana on uranus you will get a good amount of plastids, or if you are looking to level up warframes and weapons while you're at it go to cyath on eris

"I can't believe anyone is that unlucky" and "I have 5 copies of Streamline from the last week alone" aren't very good arguments for rare random drops. Warframe is a huge game. I expect there are ~34,000 players with luck so bad, they could run Xini 200 times and never see a Streamline.

Current mod system is based on grinding but it's not that bad. Dead Frontier is much much worse.
Most grinding is mastery level. There would be no point to purposefully increase mastery if the weapons were comparably powerful. But there are weapons which are much better then other weapons and they require higher mastery rank and players are leveling useless weapons to get them. And that is grinding.

Current mod system is based on grinding but it's not that bad. Dead Frontier is much much worse.

Most grinding is mastery level. There would be no point to purposefully increase mastery if the weapons were comparably powerful. But there are weapons which are much better then other weapons and they require higher mastery rank and players are leveling useless weapons to get them. And that is grinding.

To me grinding is when you take the fun out of a game and make it so all you think you can do is just kill over and over again to get something just to say you have it.

Get an in game goal, if this game is going to be called grinding I am not sure if I am playing it right.

I am mastery rank 9, I spent 15$ on this game i have built all warframes, i have Catalysts on my good weapons and this is all while having fun with friends the only time this game was a grind was when the dojo prices were jacked for small clans and we had to farm for ferrite and salvage 24/7

Edit:

current mod system is basically RNG, but they have slowly been taking away the RNG, want proof look at alert system i have a crap load of alt helmet blueprints, and i have 2 sets of vauban stuff left over (i take people to the alerts for them thats why i have them) so don't tell me this game is full of grinding and RNG, either you (not the person i quoted but everyone that claims this game is too grindy) are sucking the fun out of the game, A game is grindy when all you can possibly do is grind, IIRC there are a lot of things to do before you can actually call this game a grind.

Edited by philleapa

"I can't believe anyone is that unlucky" and "I have 5 copies of Streamline from the last week alone" aren't very good arguments for rare random drops. Warframe is a huge game. I expect there are ~34,000 players with luck so bad, they could run Xini 200 times and never see a Streamline.

Where did you get that number and what on earth are you doing that you can't possibly find a streamline, Are you running missions that don't have a chance of dropping it?

I don't mind the mod drop system, or even the RNG associated with it.

I do believe the higher end mods that are very desirable should possibly have some static method to obtain them.  And not something that relies on an alert or anything that forces you to wait.

Ammo conversion mod for example.  This is from an Alert correct?  Well, I'd love this mod for my Braton as I chew through ammo like a beast.  But from my understanding I have to wait.

Or perhaps a way to exchange mods in a group for said mod.  Anything like that would be cool.

Yeah, friends makes huge difference. Lately I was playing alone and that is when the game started to get really boring. I was just grinding, not playing.
Somehow improving gameplay would be enough to move grind into background. I think somewhere was an idea to make players able to control enemy in mission. I think I would enjoy to play as a more unpredictable grineer soldier.