Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sister Dating Older Guy

JohnMarkLee

Tbh this would probably be more appropriate on Reddit or something. I just needed a quick place to rant though. My sister is dead to me. Shes done nothing but cause trouble for the family and I don't understand how she became this way. In my opinion shes beyond repair. Right now shes trying to date a way older guy than her. Shes 14, the other dude is like in his 20s. I have no idea how this happened. Parents found out, fighting and stuff happened. She dropped out of school (she just started her freshman year of high school). She ran away quite a few times the past few months, but we found her every time. She finally decided not to run away but everyday its a yelling match between her and my parents. "But I love him!" It always ends, and she runs into her room and starts crying. She sounds like the witch from L4D in there. I'm just trying to leave all this behind because I'm going to start college soon and at the same time join the army.  Not that longer till I leave the house, but I feel like my last days with the family can make due without all this drama. Anyway rant done, surprised you actually read all of this if you made it this far lol. 

39 minutes ago, JohnMarkLee said:

Tbh this would probably be more appropriate on Reddit or something. I just needed a quick place to rant though. My sister is dead to me. Shes done nothing but cause trouble for the family and I don't understand how she became this way. In my opinion shes beyond repair. Right now shes trying to date a way older guy than her. Shes 14, the other dude is like in his 20s. I have no idea how this happened. Parents found out, fighting and stuff happened. She dropped out of school (she just started her freshman year of high school). She ran away quite a few times the past few months, but we found her every time. She finally decided not to run away but everyday its a yelling match between her and my parents. "But I love him!" It always ends, and she runs into her room and starts crying. She sounds like the witch from L4D in there. I'm just trying to leave all this behind because I'm going to start college soon and at the same time join the army.  Not that longer till I leave the house, but I feel like my last days with the family can make due without all this drama. Anyway rant done, surprised you actually read all of this if you made it this far lol. 

So those that couldn’t read the wall of text, 

TL:DR, the OP’s sister is dating someone much older, sister has run away few times, but gets found every time. She has arguments every day with parents and sounds like the witch from L4D when she’s in her room crying, and OP wants to make sure his final days home before he leaves for college are without drama.

wow, sounds... i don’t know how to put it. But yeah, this does fit on Reddit far more than it does here.

How old are you?

My cousin was the "black sheep" of the family when she was on high school.
Dating older guys, doing drugs, thief, 24 - 48 hours prison.
But when she was 18 - 20, she change dramatically to a point that she now owns 2 houses.
My suspicion is that she's a prostituting in the side for extra money, and to attract richer clients, she has to change her image from trashy to classy.

But I can't prove it and I haven't told anyone in the family about my suspicion.

What I'm trying to say is that, people can change, 80% in high school is a "phase".

5 hours ago, NZ_CodeBlue said:

How old are you?

My cousin was the "black sheep" of the family when she was on high school.
Dating older guys, doing drugs, thief, 24 - 48 hours prison.
But when she was 18 - 20, she change dramatically to a point that she now owns 2 houses.
My suspicion is that she's a prostituting in the side for extra money, and to attract richer clients, she has to change her image from trashy to classy.

But I can't prove it and I haven't told anyone in the family about my suspicion.

What I'm trying to say is that, people can change, 80% in high school is a "phase".

I think thats a little optimistic, but what do I know. I can't tell the future, I can just hope everything turns out alright. My sister has done a lot more in the past few years that has caused me a lot of trouble and my parents though before this point. So its not like this is new habit per say. Also Im 18 btw. 

Edited by JohnMarkLee

6 minutes ago, JohnMarkLee said:

I think thats a little optimistic, but what do I know. I can't tell the future, I can just hope everything turns out alright. My sister has done a lot more in the past few years that has caused me a lot of trouble and my parents though before this point. So its not like this is new habit per say. Also Im 18 btw. 

I'm not being optimistic. I'm saying this from experience of seeing a trashy cousin that does drugs 24/7 and stealing from family to a classy socialite.

Hopefully your sister will turn out the same. If not, well good luck.