Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think enemy knockdown on ancients needs to be reworked

Agentcheese

Today I was trying to finish the mastery rank 17 test. you know the one were you have to melee the white orbs while killing 30 infested.  Anyway I ended up being targeted by a ancient disruptor and had to watch as it dragged me across the floor. I couldn't do anything as 3 seconds ticked away on the clock and it was infuriating.

There was nothing I could have done to stop this as the ancient attacked me from the behind. That's why im suggesting that the knockdowns of enemies like ancients either be reworked, or that DE gives us a button prompt to free ourselves.

It would make a lot of sense when you think about it really. If I was grabbed by some infested appendage the first thing I would do is hack away at it with my melee weapon.

And yes I know i could have put handspring on but #1 im pretty sure just about everyone including me would rather use that mod space for something else. #2 I am still not ok with something like a grapple taking control away from me. and #3 even with handspring im pretty sure I would have still lost.  Also handspring doesn't stop you from being chain stunned by multiple enemies and being killed before you can react. 

Anyway, mini rant over. I really hope this issue gets addressed someday.

2 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

You can block it in many ways, idc really. Nulifiers are the only thing that annoys me in this game.

Yeah, i know blocking negates the knockdown from ancients anyway.

Thing is like I said in my original post the ancient attacked me from behind. you make a good point though.