Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunting weapon builds?

PepsilonEagle

Question

6 answers to this question

You could use a riven but you really dont NEED one.

In the slot where most people put rivens, you can put heavy caliber, which will double your damage, most people aim for critchance/critdamage/damage/firerate/multishot or some combination that includes a negative that doesnt hurt much.

The thing is, youd need a REALLY good riven to noticeably outperform heavy caliber most of the time.  That said, if you're standing too far away, the accuracy issues with heavy caliber will be noticeable and that will definitely hurt your damage

One of the bigger issues is using a frame that gives extra damage, your probably better off with rhino than with chroma at this point, especially because chromas build is more expensive and needs self damage, that + asking volt to throw down a shield to shoot through and youll do fine.  Ive seen plenty of people with 2kplat opticor rivens who do zero damage because they cant hit what theyre aiming at.

Keep in mind you also have a combo counter, so if you really wanna min/max it, get some ammo restores which are cheap, and before his sheild breaks, get your combo counter up to 2x or 2.5x for more damage as well, this + a build that doesnt include a riven and as long as you're hitting what your shooting at youll be golden.

Definitely should throw on vigilante armaments as well, and maybe one of the vigilante warframe mods for the 10% crit chance buff it will give, there is usually room in the build for these and theyre worth using.

/e

You should consider the Lanka as well, it has a higher base damage, and the real selling point is the passive, at 8x scope it adds a flat 50% crit.  It does shoot slower than the vectis though, so its kind of a wash, but a Lanka riven will be substantially less expensive than an opticor or vectis riven, and will do comprable damage, probably with higher potential damage.

Edited by SupImNude

In my runs, I feel like Amp damage is far more important now than weapon damage.  In my Trio bounties: In party of T1~T2 Amps + my T3 Amp, it takes 35~40 minutes to clear.  But if I'm in party with just one other T3 Amp user it takes 20 minutes to clear the Trio.

Its very easy to break a limb in a timely manner even without buffs in my experience, your weapon is already more than adequate.  As long as the party is somewhat coordinated the parts should break in seconds if everyone were similarly geared even without Rhino/Chroma.

The only improvement I can suggest is to replace either Cryo Rounds or Piercing Caliber with Vigilante Armaments which would help you ramp up your combo damage faster and more consistently, there is also the option of Heavy Caliber which I also personally use but some people don't like the loss of accuracy that comes with it but I don't really notice it.