Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quills room on cetus crashes game.

Clurichaun

Since the Shrine of the Eidolon update i've been unable to enter the quills room on cetus. Every time I approach the room, i hear the doors open and then the game freezes for a split second before crashing. Non of the latest hotfixes have solved the issue and I've tried verifying and optimizing the download cache but neither helped.

WAR-1639152 
WAR-1640387 
WAR-1640485

Don't know if it's related but the game is also crashing when I try to enter cetus from the plains. After the mission results screen,  as i try to walk through the inner door it crashes. I can get into cetus without any problems from the orbiter. I had verified and optimized from the launcher again just prior to launching the game.

WAR-1650587

WAR-1650907

Edited by Clurichaun
added another WAR#

I always crash when entering quills. Did verify + Optimize from laucher. Still same problem. Crash every time.

800x600 all settings at minimum. Tried Windowed mode, still same problem. This wasn't the case when the new eidolons were not released yet.

Haven't had problems in cetus / plains.

EDIT :  copy pasted warframe folder and opened the game from that new folder = works

EDIT2: Left Cetus, did a trade, went back and Crashing again.

EDIT3: Copy pasted Warframe folder and opened from that new folder. Closed all other applications. Started Game in Fullscreen = worked (tried once)

EDIT4: Started the game on the next day with out doing the copy paste operation and Crashing again.

EDIT5: Swapped to 64bit client instead of 32bit client. Was able to enter. Needs more testing.

EDIT6: Open game in 32bit client. Crashing again. (DX10 & DX11 disabled) (Also disabled everything suggested here)

EDIT7: Open game in 64bit client. Crashing again.  (WAR-1657492) (DX10 & DX11 disabled)

EDIT8: Using DirectX10 instead of DirectX9. Was able to enter. Needs more testing.

EDIT9: Tried to enter with DirectX9 & 32bit client. CRASH

EDIT10: Was able to enter with 32bit client & DX10. It seems like the problem has something to do with DX9.

EDIT11: DX10 will crash for me everywhere else in the game, so I have to stick to DX9 for gameplay. 

Something to do with high memory usage OR memory not being released for use? Problem loading from Hard drive?

WAR-1647577   (DX9 crash at the door)

WAR-1657492   (DX9 crash at the door)

WAR-1657511   (DX9 crash at the door)

WAR-1657541   (DX9 crash at the door)

WAR-1635395  (Dx10 crash while trying to join a normal mission)

WAR-1647577   (DX9 crash at the door)  <--- DX9 will crash when trying to enter quills.

WAR-1657766  (Dx10 crash while leaving Cetus, 32bit client. Was able to visit quills.)

Edited by Bulllets

Yeah, still crashing for me too as soon as I try to enter the Quills room, even after the latest hotfixes. Verifying and optimizing the download cache didn't help. Running in windowed mode didn't help either. i'm running the game on a pretty old laptop at this point. I'm curious if anyone else with the problem is using an intel hd graphics chipset? I know there's been issues with it before.

WAR-1657645

Intel HD graphics here too. My computer also has Radeon HD7XXX something which is running with the game.

Can you try DX10 and leave everything else the way you had before? I was able to enter when I used DX10 instead of DX9. I can't keep DX10 active though since it crashes elsewhere in the game.

Edited by Bulllets

20 hours ago, Bulllets said:

Intel HD graphics here too. My computer also has Radeon HD7XXX something which is running with the game.

Can you try DX10 and leave everything else the way you had before? I was able to enter when I used DX10 instead of DX9. I can't keep DX10 active though since it crashes elsewhere in the game.

Tried it just now and running the game under DX10 did allow me to enter the quills room without the game crashing. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's a temporary solution. As you say DX10 causes problems elsewhere for me too, mainly really long loading times and slight freezes. But at least I can upgrade my Quills standing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i having that problem, but when i change for DX10 my game crash on load screen.

Idk but sometimes the game just work normally (really rare ones, but i need try a lot).

i play with lowest configs possible but don't work well. 

Ps: I don't have a good pc to play, but after the 2 new eidolons that issue starts to me (I hope someone can read this, im very bad speaking inglish) 

Edited by yyuho

I get crashing at the quills too, i'm currently launching the game with directx 9 because when i use directx 10-11 i cannot connect to teams i keep getting disconnected, and for me to go raise my standing at the quills i need to have directx 10-11 active or my game always crashes but idk why but i cannot re-enable directx 10-11 because anytime i try my game crashes when launching for some reason idk if it has a fix for this if anyone knows plesae tell me, been trying to raise my standing for the last 2 months 😕

• 1 month later...

I am having this same issue. I play on DirectX9 and 64-bit and I crash consistently at the door. When I play on DirectX10 it works fine, but the load times are increased significantly and I can't stay connected to any squad, nor can people stay connected to me. I shouldn't have to restart Warframe and use DirectX10 just to advance my Quills standing.

Apologies for necroposting, but it seems like there have been no fixes or information regarding the crash.

WAR-1945614

Edited by Sorizame

• 1 month later...