Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Content

Sillick

Let me start with, I know the game is still in Beta, and they have a very far way to being "finished" making stuff for it, if that ever happens at all.  But it's never too soon to start asking, "Wait... what do I do when I have... EVERYTHING?!?"

To be honest, I don't even have a fully maxed serration yet, but I'm working on it... I've got roughly 3 level 10's though (Turns out I don't like to share with my dethcube and wyrm.)  But come now, that's not "End Game Content".  And when telling friends about the game, some just say no, others are eager to check it out, and then there's this one... this ONE guy, who's like, "Well, what's the end game content?"  And that got me thinking.

So this is what I've got so far:

1. Collecting all frames/finding the perfect build for your favorite (or multiple builds)

2. Collecting all weapons, leveling them, and powering up your favorites.

3. Collecting all the rare mods, and maxing the ones that seem to go on forever.

4. Attempting to get to level 100 on defense.  (that's probably never going to happen for me)

5. Helping out in the dojo. (Farming for mats, forma, etc.)

And even though I personally enjoy playing the game, chatting with clanmates and friends, and blowing enemy heads off, or mowing down a crowd, or even slicing and dicing my way to a better world... I still ponder on the question I couldn't readily answer:  "What's the end-game?"

So, I'd like to start the fire, even though I'm sure DE is well ahead of me, and I'll throw out a few of my own ideas, and then ask everyone else to give their buck 'o five.

1. Dungeons/Raids - it's been around almost longer than I started playing MMO's.  I think I heard Steve talking about missions that would have multiple parts, and bosses, in different stages, which sounds very much like a dungeon.  But to take it up a notch, how about for higher mastery folks, a 8 or more man group on a massive level with bosses and enemies and loot, oh my!  Though for this to happen, there'd need to be a fix for the current hosting system to swap (and not boot people) when someone had a crap connection, etc.

2. Upgrades to armor (found in idea #1) - I'm not just talking helms here, I'm talking everything, and it all changes your appearance to boot.  And maybe not just tradeoffs, i.g. more speed for less armor, etc, but instead regular armor, extra speed and a boost to energy.  Another though is slots and points for more mods to be equipped to your frame.

3. Upgrades to weapons (also found in #1) - similar to armor upgrades, changing appearance, making the weapons this or that, and possibly adding more mod slots/points.

4. Moa Racing - Uhh... well... it could be like FF7... and give rewards... and stuff....  Ohh and maybe you could breed.. err.. engineer your own moa!  (though meant as a funny... it actually seems like it'd be awesome)

5. Virtual Warfare (PvP) -  I'm thinking something along the lines of "Battlegrounds" like WoW, or team matches like any shooter you can think of. And competing gives you tokens or points, and you can spend those on awesome looking upgrades that are only found via PvP. It doesn't have to be virtual... but I was thinking that tenno testing skill against other tenno virtually means less real life tenno death... I mean, every one of us is precious, even people with really awkward names.  Yeah, that's right... Even you.

Alright, your turn.

Originally posted here... silly me for thinking "Warframe Feedback" ment the game overall.

Either or, I'd like to start combining all of the great ideas people are coming up with in a central location, so also for your reading pleasure are Notionphil and Hipolipolopigus's ideas.

If I have a moment I'll combined them all as I see they'd fit, but don't let that stop you guys from posting more awesomeness.. :D

To be honest I think we don't need any end-game content yet. What Warframe needs is actual story-driven gameplay. The current mission nodes play almost exactly like MMORPG instances. "Beginning-game" needs to come first, then we should get end-game.

Edited by Aspari

I would say, take some of the less powerful weapons such as the burston and leveling/potatoing them. You will have fun with a change of weapon since most stick to the ones community posts recommend. But it will also create more of a challenge for you in normal missions.

Nothing gets boring faster then running through missions with a rocket launcher that instakills entire groups of endgame enemies.

Not saying weapons should be nerfed, they are endgame and expected to be good. But It's always fun to go back to the weapons you started with.

I think it'd be fun to go with modded out Excalibur with potatoed Skana/Lato/Braton. Running around high level missions with decked out starter weapons sounds fun.

To be honest I think we don't need any end-game content yet. What Warframe needs is actual story-driven gameplay. The current mission nodes play almost exactly like MMORPG instances. "Beginning-game" needs to come first, then we should get end-game.

They can accomplish both at the same time by creating "expert" missions.

They can start off by creating some actual story progression throughout the solar system, and then when you finish everything up, there should be expert versions of all the story mode missions.

You have your neurode and orokin cells farm as endgame content. Now enjoy it and be happy about it.

That's a wonderful idea!!!  Thank you for your critical and constructive input, I'll be sure to give you credit in my book I'm writing about Warframe "End-Game" content, and even give you a 10% cut of the profits.

Err... we'll make it .01%, because I've still got to eat, and honestly now, how many people are going to buy it?

Nice post to compile ideas!

i just made this one out of an exchange in another post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/92326-we-need-endgame-and-a-challenge/

And as referenced in my post, the discussion started in this other idea which is nicely polished:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63428-cells-this-is-warframes-endgame

what endgame? when this is early/middle-game for war frame... ...

The entire point of this post was to gather ideas for the future of Warframe, for the players of Warframe, by the players of Warframe, not to spout unnecessary drivel.  And if you'd actually read the post, it stated that I realize it's beta, and that they're still making the game and far from finished.

Good day sir.