The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sonar And Ogris

kamimegurine

Question

Hi i have one question, I'm crafting banshee and i want to know if sonar helps ogris, i know that ogris hits most of the body parts at the same time... but what about shooting an enemy under sonar effect, will they recive normal dmg + the dmg boost from that body part? or ogris never hit that color spot? example: if i shoot the ground near an enemy under sonar effect and its weak spot is the thorax will he recive dmg boosted from the sonar o no ?

Also i want to know if sonar dmg bonus go up with focus... wiki says yes, but how?? like 500%+30% = 530%? or

500%+500*.3 = 650%

9 answers to this question

Hi i have one question, I'm crafting banshee and i want to know if sonar helps ogris, i know that ogris hits most of the body parts at the same time... but what about shooting an enemy under sonar effect, will they recive normal dmg + the dmg boost from that body part? or ogris never hit that color spot? example: if i shoot the ground near an enemy under sonar effect and its weak spot is the thorax will he recive dmg boosted from the sonar o no ?

Also i want to know if sonar dmg bonus go up with focus... wiki says yes, but how?? like 500%+30% = 530%? or

500%+500*.3 = 650%

I don't know about the ogris and the weakspot, but most calculations in the game is multiplicative (spelled)?

so Sonar is most likely 500% *(1+30%)

5*1.3=6.5

i believe it stacks ogris and the weakspot but youll need to hit it pinpoint. which can be tricky on moving targets.

Flux would do a better job with it.

Probably, even if the stagger effect is a pain when you are trying to aim weak spots with the Flux, Cold mod is mandatory

If you can hit the weak spot the Ogris will get a damage boost of 500% 

Friend of mine asked me this question the other day and I didn't know what to tell him. Glad theres a thread about it. 

But to be clear, you'd have directly impact the sonar'd spot then the aoe would get the 500% bonus as well? or just the first enemy? So you couldn't just hit the ground and it'd hit weak spots with bonus damage, correct? 

Edited by iTzLazer

You have to hit the weak spot directly, fairly certain the explosion cannot hit it, and you'll only do increased damage to the mob you hit. Works that way for headshots - you'll deal extra damage to the guy you hit the headshot on, but not his surrounding buddies even tho the explosion is at head height.

Edited by Darzk

I think I have had the weakspot bonus with the aoe, but I'm not completely sure.

But ultimately: it always works with molecular prime(nova), and Loki/Nyx/Vauban have good enemy bunching abilities, Loki possibly the best for Ogris on defense(switch teleport somewhere high up, use decoy, slaughter groups).

Honestly though, don't bother using the Ogris with Banshee's Sonar. The travel time makes it almost impossible to hit the weak spot at range and if you are close, well you're dead. 

If you want to kill bosses quickly with the Ogris, just use Trinity's Link and have fun.