Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intricate Foundry Build Procedure

G3rman

Not a bug apparently, but a bit clunky and vague design. Could use a rework on the help information when building items. It says that I do not have the components required to build this.

jufrcl.jpg

I have bought two Furis pistols to create the Afuris and I have the necessary Orokin cell. I have a single free inventory space left. As far as I know its not XP locked, as I can buy the dual pistol with platinum.

What am I missing?

Edited by G3rman

If you click on the furis icon for that Afuris recipe, you can 'select' one of the furis you want to use for the recipe.

Then you do the same for the second furis.

Then you'll see the recipe will turn green and ready to start crafting.

You can also notice that in the upper left corner of the picture of the Orokin Cell box, there is a green check mark. Notice that there arn't any green check marks in the pictures of the Furis pistols. When you have correctly select a Furis for each of the boxes as described by the previous poster, there will be green check marks in the upper left corner of each of those Furis boxes.

This should really be simplified though. For example, if you only have two Furis, just use them with a warning that says: "YOUR 2 FURIS WILL BE CONSUMED WHEN YOU BUILD THIS". If you have 3 Furis, pop up a screen that just lists your Furis' and let the user click 2 to choose them.

Having to go through one menu for each item is overly complex, and showing the blueprint as red even when you have the materials is confusing.

This should really be simplified though. For example, if you only have two Furis, just use them with a warning that says: "YOUR 2 FURIS WILL BE CONSUMED WHEN YOU BUILD THIS". If you have 3 Furis, pop up a screen that just lists your Furis' and let the user click 2 to choose them.

Having to go through one menu for each item is overly complex, and showing the blueprint as red even when you have the materials is confusing.

Agreed, a more informative help box would alleviate most concerns. Instead of telling me I don't have the components, which I clearly do, it should say something like "Click the 'Furis' to select it for building" or something along those lines.

Perhaps a more in-depth tutorial for the foundry is needed? Something that outlines how exactly all the options work a little better? There's already one there, but explaining about how to find the drops to build warframes and how to select items to be consumed like in this case might not be a bad move.

Edit: Something along the lines of "When building a recipe that consumes items-" *akbolto recipe pops up and the bolto on the ingredient list is highlighted* "Select the box and choose from a drop down list which item you would like to be consumed".

Edited by Zythi

Another thing to note is if you had the foundry open and hit market to buy the 2 furis you needed then closed the market the foundry will still think you don't have the mats even after choosing them so they're checked until you close the foundry then re-open it.