Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive, Kestrel Or Something Else?

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Question

Recently I finally got 5k ferrite and I have all the resources to build a Glaive or to build a Kestrel (not both). I am interested in this "boomeranguish" style play because I need a melee weapon for stealth missions and being able to throw them seems like a very good idea.

Which weapon should I create? Is there a better alternative in to Glaive or Kestrel?

Glaive: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Glaive

Kestrel: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kestrel

Thanks in advance !

8 answers to this question

I would pick an actual melee weapon for stealth missions and leave any stealth range kill to primary/secondary weapons. Instead, I would pick a mid-high charge damage melee weapon for stealth attacks or charge attacks. Glaive / Kestrel gameplay is too dynamic for stealth imo

I haven't potatoed any of em but i can say that they wouldnt handle great as crowd control,

however combining with other weapons i'd pick the kestrel.

Although Glaive has armor ignore and cuts enemies, it's travel speed makes it very lackluster.

Kestrel has a knockdown effect and has a faster travel speed.

I never use any of these weapons purely for killing (except in low lvls), so i bring the one that has most utility, which is Kestrel.

You can combine Kestrel's knockdown with your primary and secondary, they'll be dead before they can get up.

Lol, wtf you are talking to yourself, you can do that some place else not on forums. First you ask a question, then you answer yourself.

Its called brain, by thinking you can develop a skill called DECISION MAKING, its hard at first, but once you got the hang of it, its a preatty neat feature for life. You will be able to even chose your own clothes and much much more !!

I did not answer anything. I read the pages on wiki and then I ask for opinion in the forum. I always to that and I always will. Now get out of  my discussion before I decide to report you for bad conduct. It is arrogant people like you that destroy communities. I will not have you in my discussion. Either say something useful or shut up and get out.

As for everyone else, Thanks for the tips. I now believe that although Glaive travels further and ignores armor Kestrel is still the better pick. So, why would anyone pick Glaive? Why do I see it so often?

Also, why is Glaive more expensive then Kestrel?

Edited by Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Glaive is used by more people because it has higher damage potential and longer throw range. Plus it has a "persona" as the weapon used in Dark Sector, and some people like that throw-back.

Kestrel is still the more utilitarian weapon. It charges and throws faster, and has a shorter distance, meaning you can throw it more often. And the knockdown effect is very useful against the Heavy/Ancient/Tech enemies.

The Glaive is AMAZING

- 3xDamage on Infested

- Armour Ignore

- Staggers Ancients on each throw

Slap some Charge damage mods on that baby and you'll one-shot everything but Infested Ancients (which you can stunlock to death instead!). It is all you want from a melee weapon. Y'know, except the melee part. The only thing it will defeat in actual melee is storage containers!

Edited by Brimir