Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T3 Golem. Topic With Ideas For New Void Boss.

Davoodoo

So, i heard enough times already that we lack real endgame, bosses and missions in general are too easy and my personal opinion that vor rework was just poorly done.

I would like community to post their ideas for future void boss, ofc i will also post my ideas when i get any.

Lets show how future bosses and reworks should look like.

Just remember that as endgame content it should be challenging, as real boss it shouldnt be mere bullet sponge and as warframe boss it should be doable with pug at least on standard difficulty(t1 easy t2 hard t3 nightmare).

Neural sentry. Some may remember that lotus mentioned it during extermination, machine that turns everything that enters tower into mindless zombie(even if it was 1 before). How about some more physical manifestation of it.

Arena: made from 10x10x10 blocks(block = cube able to fit inactive death orb) with 1 entrance(double doors).

Boss itself is man-machine interface with warframe in it, hanging on wall. 

Fight starts when players enter arena. Boss is shielded at beginning and players need to bring it down by putting enough dmg to it. Ocassionaly every wall ceiling or floor block can be replaced by death orb which will fire only 1 laser but will target tenno instead of spinning and can fire in all angles. Sometimes boss will use certain warframe skills(fireball, shock, modified nullstar, psychic bolts, antimatter drop). When we manage to bring down the shield, phase 2 will start. Warframe will be hidden behind blast doors which needs to be taken down. They will have high armor as expected. In this phase except death orbs arena will also open to fire lasers from every point on walls and ceilling requiring tenno to destroy plates before they charge. In this phase boss wont cast normal abilities but sometimes doors will open(loses armor in that time) to fire powerful version of overload or fire blast. 2 pillars(cooling devices) will appear on arena everytime he does it and players will need to hide either behind them or behind electric shield(doesnt work with overload) or snow globe(doesnt work against fire blast). If players manage to destroy pillars boss wont use any abilities for this phase. Once blast doors are destroyed boss will summon few decoys and cast chaos. Decoys will randomly change into players except few details, like using different weapons or having different colors or helmet equipped. Players will need to destroy all decoys but theres a chance that they will kill their teammate and they wont get a notification about it until chaos is dispelled. Once decoys are destroyed. Warframe will leave machine and for final phase fight will change into typical "stalk the stalker" but he will use mind control for stun, fireball, shock and antimatter drop instead.

I want to see them make Tenno like bosses that are as dangerous as players, stalker is a great boss archetype that DE should capitalize on.

My favorite boss in warframe is stalker because he is the only boss that is even remotely dangerous and it feels more like an actual accomplishment to down him. It not necessary for DE to make heavily scripted boss fights that mimic WoW but they need to stop making patchwork type bosses that just stand there and eat bullets.

Warframe just needs good Ai on bosses that are using tactics to take on parties and make players think. I have played several MECHA games on Ps2 that had brutal Ai that would crush you and there is no reason DE can't look at a game like Armored Core that is years old and make bosses as smart as they made the ravens in that game. 

Edited by LazyKnight

Capitan Vor's rework is fantastic, what are you complaining about?

I think Captain Vor is one of the better bosses in the game.  A nice 3 stage mechanic (dropping to bubble and recharge while summoning allies), a cool Orokin beam plus his Seer Pistol, and even throws remote lightning sentries behind you to flush you from cover.  This is a good boss fight, and he's the first one!

Hek is an example of a crappy boss.  He has a unique shotgun, great.  Otherwise he's a Grineer with ridiculous armor and HP, nothing more.

I think Captain Vor is one of the better bosses in the game.  A nice 3 stage mechanic (dropping to bubble and recharge while summoning allies), a cool Orokin beam plus his Seer Pistol, and even throws remote lightning sentries behind you to flush you from cover.  This is a good boss fight, and he's the first one!

Hek is an example of a crappy boss.  He has a unique shotgun, great.  Otherwise he's a Grineer with ridiculous armor and HP, nothing more.

Yet he still lacks challenge and is 3 stage bullet sponge.

Lacks challenge? Maybe to a maxed out and fully modded Tenno, but many new players certainly don't feel the same way.

Precisely.  Hell he can still cause a bit of damage to a maxed out Tenno that isn't paying complete attention.

However stats can always be altered.  It's the core mechanic of the boss I like.  Where as a lot of the Grineer bosses are very plain and are just super-standard units.

Lacks challenge? Maybe to a maxed out and fully modded Tenno, but many new players certainly don't feel the same way.

Vay Hek is a brutal pain for someone that has crap mod and starter weapons. He is just a glorified bullet sponge and that is the only reason he is hard. He ranks as one of the simplest bosses in game with only Phorid being less complicated. Vay Hek was a boss I farmed with a friend when neither of us had anything better than a braton and we need the resource he dropped to make a boltor.

Captain Vor is at least is at an interesting fight but I am not sure how hard he would be for a new player.

Edited by LazyKnight

Vay Hek is a brutal pain for someone that has crap mod and starter weapons. He is just a glorified bullet sponge and that is the only reason he is hard. He ranks as one of the simplest bosses in game with only Phorid being less complicated. Vay Hek was a boss I farmed with a friend when neither of us had anything better than a braton and we need the resource he dropped to make a boltor.

Captain Vor is at least is at an interesting fight but I am not sure how hard he would be for a new player.

Vay Hek is not only a bullet sponge, but instant death at point blank.  So not only do you run out of ammo, but good luck engaging in melee....