Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a lockout timer to bounties

BBaw

Hello,

Firstly I would like to say I'm really enjoying PoE.  I've ran hundreds of bounties already and I'm probably getting pretty close to the thousands mark.   I love the big open environment, I think you guys did a great job texturing it,  its got a nice variety of enemies and locations to deal with, like the threats from above from the giant gunships or the creeping around in caves to find caches.  Throw in a bit of mining and fishing and its all pretty fun for me.  I'm digging the mining btw.  I think within the constraints of the game environment you guys have done a really great job with it. 

My only complaint so far isn't so much of the game play as it is the decisions of my fellow players,   I understand I can run the whole thing solo and I have before but the group game play in PoE is pretty fun with one exception.  That would be the ability for players to press Esc > Abort Mission at any time with seemingly no penalty to themselves but definitely hampering the fun of their team mates.  I understand when real life creeps in and someone has to go, if you gotta go, you gotta go, no big deal.  But, it seems people are able to abort anytime anything remotely goes wrong or if they believe that their particular reward is only going to drop once per bounty.  Lately there have been a long string of players aborting out as soon as one of the new relics is rewarded so that they can get back into the queue as fast as possible,  these players believed that their reward was only going to drop once per mission so cycling missions as fast as possible was the way to farm.  I've seen players abort out if finding caches was taking too long,  even though they're all usually in the same place... Seen players abort if they don't realize the objective was in a cave below them.  Seen players abort the moment the final objective is completed, to save time running back to the gate.  Seen players abort if someone takes too long getting to the gate.  Pretty sure there is a list of players that abort just because they think nobody will see their performance numbers at the end of the mission and realize they where mostly afk and got 1 kill the entire time they where in.

Ok ok, so what is the point?   The point is, I don't care if you abort all day long if I'm hosting,  I could honestly care less.   However, when I'm not the host, and the host decides to abort for any reason,  I have to wait through the loading while a new host is decided, which btw gets increasingly worse when as each turn comes up all of my team mates follow suit and abort out in a long string of loadings and sends me into a non stop 5 minute long journey to Cetus that definitely took way longer than if I had done the same.  I can say with a certain degree of certainty that most of the aborting out of missions comes from players not wanting to use the gate as an exit and leave as a team, usually after all rewards are completed with no penalty to themselves but definitely penalizing their team mates for not being first to do so.

I really enjoy PoE, I am going to continue to run bounties all day long, its fun for me, but this part sucks, big time.  I think players shouldn't be rewarded for stranding their team mates in a loading loop while they get to run off and queue up the next bounty asap.  I would like to see a 5 minute lockout timer installed as an incentive to simply wait the few seconds for ones team mates and exit the bounty properly,   I think 5 minutes is more than fair, its not too long but its longer than simply waiting for your team in most cases,  it will reward patience and not reward queuing up group game play to get the objectives done quicker while riding on the backs of your team mates only to bail at the end slowing everyone else down while one is able to quickly queue up the next bounty to do the same thing again to the next group.  It wouldn't really penalize someone who legit had to go for reasons because reasons probably take more than 5 minutes anyway.  If your reasons are cuz relic farming, suck it up, I have no sympathy for you.

I would say, DE, until you are able to make the transition from host to host go seamlessly this should be done,  if it only cuts the number of end of mission aborters in half I would say its totally worth it.  Maybe add an additional end of mission final screen reward as an incentive to not have waited in vain.  Extra credits as extra credit?

Hey its either this, or DE, you need to make the transition from host to host so immensely pleasing and overly satisfying that one is simply overjoyed to have gone through the experience and simply can't wait for it to happen again.  Which more than likely would lead to a whole new set of problems, possibly addictions.

TLDR

Please add a 5 minute lockout timer for bounty early aborters who refuse to leave via the gate after the final mission rewards sending their team mates into a constant cycle of host choosing and loading which may or may not finish until they are finally the host and are able to leave in their own fashion while rewarding the hosts that left before them with quick bounty recycling for relic farming purposes etc etc.   Not such a big deal in star chart missions as they load pretty quickly,  PoE does not swap hosts as seamlessly for everyone.  Until, DE, is able to make the host swapping process go more seamlessly.

TLDR to the TLDR

5 minute lockout timer for early bounty mission aborters as an incentive to wait for their team at the gate

TLDR to that

5minlocktimecuzrude.

TLDR it

5minrude

TLDR any of it

Who cares? Probably can't read anyway.

Edited by BBaw
Additional info

So uh, If they drop halfway... say after 3/5 missions. Leaving to start again for better rewards won't be giving them a reward for those first 3 missions again. Unless they changed that for some weird reason. Might just have been something that was only for the syndicate standing though, did not pay all that much attention since I don't do that. Do correct me if i'm horribly wrong.

Edited by BansheePrime

19 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

So uh, If they drop halfway... say after 3/5 missions. Leaving to start again for better rewards won't be giving them a reward for those first 3 missions again. Unless they changed that for some weird reason. Might just have been something that was only for the syndicate standing though, did not pay all that much attention since I don't do that. Do correct me if i'm horribly wrong.

Oh, idk about how the rewards cycle from mission to mission, but with the current system its not unheard of to get the same "new" relic reward 3x in a single bounty,  or breath of the eidolon 4x in a row... usually ends with the best chance at highest tier reward on final mission of the bounty.  In the current system. 

Whatever ones reason for leaving is, however,  I don't care really.  Its the end result of that with no incentive to do otherwise thats got me salty.  So instead of making me and possibly my team mates have to wait for up to 5 min while I reload a new host a few times or sometimes bug out in endless loading or have to exit the game to just reload the whole thing back to Cetus,  yea make the penalty for host aborting or leaving the bounty early a 5 min wait,  its not like there isn't a door you simply have to exit through, already there.

Its like Konzu says, "Life on the plains is hard!"  But it shouldn't be hard just walking to the door and its not, really.  Actually you can fly there pretty quickly, don't even have to walk!

Also in, DEs, defense.  I don't know if someone hasn't already thought of this and maybe it just isn't feasible to add a timer linking a player aborting a bounty to the specific set of bounties that Konzu has up at the moment while not having it effect other things.  Maybe just extend it to, player cannot access a mission for 5 minutes after aborting another, period.   I would like to see it limited to bounties, though, as there is always an exit immediately available if anything went wrong. Not always the case in some missions as for some the exit waypoint isn't visible until certain criteria are met.  Or, for instance, defense missions.  In any case, its only 5 minutes,  not the end of the world, but in perspective the end of the world would probably take more than 5 minutes.

Or!  add a 5 minute flag to a players account that Konzu has to check for before assigning a bountyn and insert text / speech..

"Ayy,  Tenno, its good to see yo....Oh you're finished already?  Just give me 5 minutes I'll dig up a new bounty"

Edited by BBaw
cuz