Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling, weapon and warframe mods.

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

I suppose this isn't a problem for most people but I have a love for shooting around like a cat on crack with sparring gloves on.. Dispatch overdrive plus quickening plus drifting contact plus fury plus warcry turns valkyr into a a tornado of claws and pain and I love it o.o

Now I realize that there is focus energy and and reflex coil but I'd really appreciate it if warframe energy efficiency mods would also apply to channeling c.c.. I'm running a mod that converts injuries to energy but it just doesn't keep up and it seems like overkill to require two mods to counter balance quickening... Making me use a warframe slot to increase efficiency is already a pain, can't it at least apply to channeling too?...

Or... You know... Add more mod slots c.c... I would be down for adding more mod slots... (I fully understand adding more mod slot would put many players into god mode, it's more rhetorical..)

I main a Nekros Melee Channelling build (also a Harrow and Valkyr build), and Channelling needs a LOT of love.
The real problem seems to be that although there is an extra cost (energy) to use a channelling weapon, you can always do better with a Crit build, there is very little incentive to use a channelling build mostly do to the poor mod selection as you point out, I think even in my channelling build, I don't use any channelling mods other than my Riven which has 260% channelling Damage or something.

I don't think Warframe efficiency mods are the way to go, but a buff to existing Channelling mods is required, more mod slots does not really fix the issue as it would just allow other mods to be used and get even more powerful non-channelling builds.

14 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I main a Nekros Melee Channelling build (also a Harrow and Valkyr build), and Channelling needs a LOT of love.
The real problem seems to be that although there is an extra cost (energy) to use a channelling weapon, you can always do better with a Crit build, there is very little incentive to use a channelling build mostly do to the poor mod selection as you point out, I think even in my channelling build, I don't use any channelling mods other than my Riven which has 260% channelling Damage or something.

I don't think Warframe efficiency mods are the way to go, but a buff to existing Channelling mods is required, more mod slots does not really fix the issue as it would just allow other mods to be used and get even more powerful non-channelling builds.

Well, technically my build is around keeping a continuous flow of combat, technically a whip might be even better but I just love the brutal stance for sparring. With the drifting contact I have plenty of time to get from one engagement to another to keep my combo counter building, plus dispatch overdrive makes you run so fast that can easily cover vast amounts of space in the ten seconds or so it takes to reset, I have a mod that increases my channeling damage obviously, but the problem is quickening, which has a negative 80% efficiency. With focus energy and coil I can still get the channeling cost to 4, but that's really kinda too high on a low energy frame....

I don't know what the solution is, maybe channeling kills could restore a small amount of energy? Or maybe having channel active causes energy to restore slowly like that one aura but attacking anything causes you to lose it, I don't know what the solution is but the fact that I don't see many channel builds makes me agree with you that they need to revise the mechanic...

2 hours ago, (PS4)Echo_X said:

Well, technically my build is around keeping a continuous flow of combat, technically a whip might be even better but I just love the brutal stance for sparring. With the drifting contact I have plenty of time to get from one engagement to another to keep my combo counter building, plus dispatch overdrive makes you run so fast that can easily cover vast amounts of space in the ten seconds or so it takes to reset, I have a mod that increases my channeling damage obviously, but the problem is quickening, which has a negative 80% efficiency. With focus energy and coil I can still get the channeling cost to 4, but that's really kinda too high on a low energy frame....

I don't know what the solution is, maybe channeling kills could restore a small amount of energy? Or maybe having channel active causes energy to restore slowly like that one aura but attacking anything causes you to lose it, I don't know what the solution is but the fact that I don't see many channel builds makes me agree with you that they need to revise the mechanic...

I've always been of the opinion that the Focus Schools could have been utilised, but I guess that will never happen now, Zenurik kind of helps, but with the 5/sec energy gain it's much too powerful other the other schools.

I hope they revise Channelling in damage 2.5-3...