The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A message to the discouraged veterans

Seir

this whole veteran thing is rubbish, we all get salty about something sooner or later and hold a grudge, then proceed to take a break for a few months, saying OMFG I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS AGAIN FOR X N Y REASON, few months later oh hey im back >_>

its a back n forth relation, which is normal, is it annoying? hell yes, but that what happens

Game is being develop with new content, some require changes to old stuff, people that used to old stuff are scared of new stuff so goes and rant or be salty about it until they just leave the game for a few month again then come back and appreciate how great the game is compared to EVERY OTHER GAME, for a few months, and the cycle start all over again

side note: this is me usually, and some friends are the same way

Edited by luanle21

I've been playing for something like five years, off and on (honestly don't remember when I started, 2013 was hazy, but I've got points from Fusion MOA and Informant so I know I was bumming around at least in May). I don't give a damn about any of the stuff that's being whined about apart from the entertainment of arguing. Game was fun then, it's fun now, and will probably still be fun five years from now. The fun's not always the same sort of fun, but if it wasn't fun at all I wouldn't play. If it's really that awful of a change for someone, take a break for a few months or years and play something else. Goodness knows I don't understand how people just mainline one game constantly for years on end. Ain't like this is a competitive multiplayer game where going inactive for a while means losing rating or accumulating rust that won't shake off after an hour or two.

I've been here a while, founded the game, bought few prime accesses, and really?

I'm pretty damn happy.

We're really getting the story content I always thought the setting needed, DE are pulling away from anti-player forced-teaming content and making a game that you can play alone when you want and team up because it's more fun rather than the virtual-stockholm-syndrome that most online game have leveraged for years now.

Still a bit worried that the relic system doesn't have a cap on time-spent-per-desired-reward. It's too much like manipulative online gambling but I have faith it'll be addressed eventually, probably as the governments of the world direct their regulatory eyes toward game-mechanisms that take advantage of gambling compulsions.

If anything ever pushes me away from his game it's more likely to be the community than DE (Not that we're all bad but sometimes I despair at the sheer volume of Dunning-Kruger syndrome on display)

Edited by SilentMobius