The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chance This Event Will Fail? Pretty High I Think.

Mikki79

It's not what they owe, it's if they want to keep their gaming going. You don't withhold content from players like this.

They aren't withholding content... why can't you see that.  they are offering it to us to earn.  And it's fun to earn things in games... otherwise much of gaming wouldn't exist.  But as long as you are so wrapped up in the idea you are owed this content, and are willing to hide it under BS cries of "DE is ruining their game by withholding content" you won't ever be able to appreciate moves like this.

Too many people willingly forget everything that went before the moment the newest thing may be something they don't like or understand...De has be very active with the community.  no they don't walk on water but they are definitely going out of their way to both provide things to the community and listen to it actively.  They are also willing to try new things... bravo to them for that.

Consider this for just a moment, let go of the thought that this content was somehow denied to to you.  Now imagine this event as a way to unlock the next level in a game.  Imagine that the entire community is a gamer that isn't going to quit until it's unlocked.  Imagine that those that really dedicate themselves to the challenge to both unlock the content and one-up each other in the end can point to the content and say "I unlocked that, we earned that".  You know what that is... a sense of pride and connection to the game, and when you are proud of something you want to share it. This even may well cement more new dedicated players who then bring in more new players... my clan has brought in several players over the last two events for example. Now imagine in the remote chance this was to fail, that content would be released at a later date anyway....  sooo what was withheld?

They aren't withholding content... why can't you see that.  they are offering it to us to earn.  And it's fun to earn things in games... otherwise much of gaming wouldn't exist.  But as long as you are so wrapped up in the idea you are owed this content, and are willing to hide it under BS cries of "DE is ruining their game by withholding content" you won't ever be able to appreciate moves like this.

They shouldn't make the requirement of the release (admittably early) dependant on the event. However, now that the event ACTUALLY has a reward, my complaints are gone really.

Too many people willingly forget everything that went before the moment the newest thing may be something they don't like or understand...De has be very active with the community.  no they don't walk on water but they are definitely going out of their way to both provide things to the community and listen to it actively.  They are also willing to try new things... bravo to them for that.

Correct, I agree, like they just did.

Consider this for just a moment, let go of the thought that this content was somehow denied to to you.  Now imagine this event as a way to unlock the next level in a game.  Imagine that the entire community is a gamer that isn't going to quit until it's unlocked.  Imagine that those that really dedicate themselves to the challenge to both unlock the content and one-up each other in the end can point to the content and say "I unlocked that, we earned that".  You know what that is... a sense of pride and connection to the game, and when you are proud of something you want to share it. This even may well cement more new dedicated players who then bring in more new players... my clan has brought in several players over the last two events for example. Now imagine in the remote chance this was to fail, that content would be released at a later date anyway....  sooo what was withheld?

If we fail? A level that was ready, enemies that were ready, AND weapons that were ready IN A BETA GAME.

Now, despite that, I'm ok with this event now, it has an ACTUAL immediate reward, a reason to do it. That's what people were looking for.

so to do again and again the same regular map disguised as a void (is only a regular map with some filters, maybe you dont noted this) is an event for you?

just finish the "event" for me, is good to have so willingfull people around, thanks!

and no reward, well i dunno a new tile set, new enemies, the chance at new blue prints, and the chance to work for bragging rights in the clans... well maybe 'no personal reward' means somethign different to you than it does to me. 

You really think they're gonna develop the new tilesets and enemies just to not release them because the community hated their stupid event?  Yeah, right.

Bragging rights?  They're not bragging rights if no one gives a F***.

I really don't get how every one is complaining that this event boring. 

Remember the Grineer informer event? Solo grind for best results.

DE learned and gave us teamplay as the focus for the Formorian event.

Sling-stone was fun to play, Arid Fear has the teamplay element and lore to back it up.

And rewards? Is a new tileset not enough for you?

Don't forget this is free to play game. DE has to make money somehow and they are doing it the right way to me

I really don't get how every one is complaining that this event boring. 

Remember the Grineer informer event? Solo grind for best results.

DE learned and gave us teamplay as the focus for the Formorian event.

Sling-stone was fun to play, Arid Fear has the teamplay element and lore to back it up.

And rewards? Is a new tileset not enough for you?

Don't forget this is free to play game. DE has to make money somehow and they are doing it the right way to me

new tileset(which includes the BP for the saw gun) and now 3 new hybrid rare mods(which will probably be in nightmare missions later but easier to just get them now)

who knows, maybe once we`re done with phase 2 they`ll add even more goodies?

Edited by Paptimus

Alad V was right, dangle new mod technology in front of us does the trick.

Tenno are so predictable.

Funny how that works.

Sure, games are about fun/rewards, not selfless sacrifice of time.

Actually, games are about both those things. You tend to do them at the same time.

Eh, I'm not here to play a game so an event succeeds, I'm here for the shiny rewards.

Well if you want the full scope of what this event has in store you'll still want the event to succeed. 

Of course - that doesn't imply you should go hog wild and top the charts and all.That part is optional - mostly there for the guys who enjoy that specific type of thing.