Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't summon Gantulyst at shrine: narrowing the error : Simple fix.

dwqrf

So since a little while, some people can't summong the Ganutlyst after getting rid of a Teralyst in the middle of a speed run. It's annoying.

Well, it seems like a simple bug of map streaming : In fact it's an easy bug to replicate : If you are host of the Hunt, and if you leave the Teralyst body too quick to summon the Gantulyst, well, this bug will happen.

Condition : This bug happen to speeder trying to do Tridolon as fast as possible. Capturing Teralyst, picking shard and arcane with itzal, and teleporting to the shrine ; as host ; can be done BEFORE THE TERALYST HITS THE GROUND. The Shrine then doesnt illuminate, and summoning Gantulyst is impossible.

Solution : As host, wait for Teralyst to completely disapear in the ground with the light stain. Once no more visual are appearing, you are free to move away.

The shrine may as well be bugged with summoning Hydrolyst, but it's rarer, for the simple reason that Gantulyst doesnt spawn really far away from the shrine ; but as he can teleport randomly (a commun bug, i dont have solution for that, sadly), and IF he is far away from the Gara thot, it is as well advised to stay next to his decaying body before engaging the summoning of hydrolyst.

The reason why this bug is happening a lot to speeder, is that the arcane/shard drop for capture, is not a drop from the Eidolons, it's a drop from the lures. So you can loot and flee the crime scene before the kill is registered.

I guess this issue has to be with "level streaming" and map information update.

Earlier today my squad experienced the same bug 2 times in a row. The thing is, we all waited for the Teralyst to completely disappear(including the blue glow on the ground and Enemy tag). We proceeded with collecting the stuff and went to the Shrine after that. Shrine was completely unresponsive.

Our second attempt went the same way, tho as we thought it may want more lures to activate, we went ahead and filled 3 lures before we went to the Shrine. Same issue.

The host was my gf, and I can say with hand on my heart, she is far from speeder. Her connection is good and ping is between 30 and 70 at peak. Therefore, I personally cannot conclude what exactly is causing it. We need more data to aggregate the cause!

Maybe it could be ways ways ; as if the host is slow and stays too long away after teralyst kill, while his team is going to the shrine, activating the zone for their client, but not updating correctly the host ?

Will update if happens again. Meanwhile imma give some food for thought.

Remember the Drones glitch, where whoever hacked the drone had to leave squad for it to start moving? Like if the mission progress is put on pause, sounds familiar. However, to test this one will have to determine who actually delivers the killing blow on the Teralyst and in case of glitch make him leave(hard to do in random squad), which then renders the Shrine unusable anyways since only 3 players with shards are not enough, and whoever joins wont have one.

Other glitch is the Assassination target simply disappearing upon contact with ground or other objects, or simply not spawning rendering progress impossible. Now here we have a variable case, with no known solution. First variant game delivers a "unit" that is nonexistent, second, it simply doesn't deliver it. Both speak of an issue that fails to execute proper sequence of events for normal progress to occur, hence we might have our culprit lying around here.

If the server fails to register the Eidolon as "Captured" or "Killed" the shrine does not become active("Killed" wont provide the Brilliant Shard anyways). However, in my encounters, the HUD was registering progress 2/3, meaning the game knows the Teralyst is either dead or captured (yes both of my encounters were with captured Teralyst). That leads me to speculate that, the server fails to execute proper sequence of events for normal progress to occur. The issue may not lie in the host at all, since the Assassination glitch had nothing to do with the host, as I have encountered it with me being either host or client, every time people left squad one by one, to see if it will fix and it did not!

• 3 years later...

2021 and this bug still persists: 

Same thing happened, killed a Teralyst, went to the Shrine, would not allow us to insert an Eidolon Shard. We ended up Extracting and we found that we clearly received had received the shard, but I guess the Shrine was just bugged. 

We aren't speed-runners, we were just trying to complete the current Nightwave mission. 

On 2018-03-04 at 8:03 PM, dwqrf said:

Condition : This bug happen to speeder trying to do Tridolon as fast as possible. Capturing Teralyst, picking shard and arcane with itzal, and teleporting to the shrine ; as host ; can be done BEFORE THE TERALYST HITS THE GROUND. The Shrine then doesnt illuminate, and summoning Gantulyst is impossible.

I'm confused.... If you are Capturing the Teralyst instead of Killing it then won't The Terralyst Sink Beneath The Ground instead of "Hitting" The Ground ? Also if I'm not Mistaken... The Lure won't Spit out any Shards until that Animation Completes... 🤔

Edit:

Oh... This was 3 Years Ago.... 👀

4 hours ago, (PSN)Immortal_Halberd said:

2021 and this bug still persists: 

Same thing happened, killed a Teralyst, went to the Shrine, would not allow us to insert an Eidolon Shard. We ended up Extracting and we found that we clearly received had received the shard, but I guess the Shrine was just bugged. 

We aren't speed-runners, we were just trying to complete the current Nightwave mission. 

Yeah without A Video or Screenshots it's hard to Tell exactly what's going on....

Because based on your Description.... It sounds like you killed The Terralyst.... got a Regular Eidolon Shard.... 

SentientShardCommon.png

Which the Shrine does not Accept...

In which case that whole interaction is Normal....

So can you confirm that you did actually Capture the Terralyst.... And got a Brilliant Eidolon Shard ?

SentientShardBrilliant.png