Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo excavation

Bizzaro21

Hey all,

So recently I ran out of cryotec because of this damn thing called pyrotic alloy, but that's no big deal, I'm ok with grinding and using/wasting 200 cryotec with every batch of that stuff I build, what I'm not cool with is how broken excavation is on solo. Now I'm not saying it's too difficult, but it's broken, enemies DO NOT spawn after the first excavator is done, except a very occasional corpus modular/grineer heavy unit that only serves as annoyance, I sit there by the excavator for 5 minutes waiting and nothing happens, so I conclude that they're stuck somewhere and go searching the map, but there are no enemies spawned, and while I was away, that one modular/heavy unit spawned and killed the excavator, so I go to the next excavator, a few enemies spawn after it deploys, usually one or two power carriers in there, but then spawn cuts off again, and it keeps at that rhythm. I thought it was because they're too low level, but no, I put up with that trash til they were almost level 80, spawn should be crazy high then right? nope. Still the exact same.

I'm mainly a solo player, I only play with other people for Eidolon hunts, so this is really annoying, to have to go public, often with noobs and lag, just to get the spawn rates up a bit.

The idea of the game mode itself is ridiculous, always have been IMO, relying on a certain enemy for the main progress is pretty flawed and susceptible to bugs and glitches, beside the fact that it makes no sense that enemies deploy special units carrying power cells on that one mission where we're digging, and those cells happen to fit our diggers, and that they don't stop deploying those units when they realize they're actually helping us. Would rather have it be like hijack, work on power of shields or something.

If changing the game mode is too much to ask, then at least fix the spawn system to give a reliable rate of power cells within a fair amount of time, the game mode itself is already unrewarding and time consuming as it is, no need to make it worse with that bug.

Thank you for reading.
~Bizzaro21 was here