The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Lycan (placeholder name), Beastmaster of Wolves - A concept from my 9 yo Son

(XBOX)ShoulderCliff66

So for fun, my nine year old son and I were talking about Warframe and he wanted to create his own concept.  He liked the idea of a Wolf/Beast frame and here what he came up with:

Name:  Lycan

Stats (at 30)

> Armor:  225

>  Shields: 150

> Health: 400

>  Energy: 150

>  Speed: 1.0

Passive
>  When continuously sprinting, Lycan speeds up over time.  Gains 1 stack every 10m, max 5 stacks.  1 stack equals .1 speed.  Resets when sprint is broken.

First Ability
Maw of the Wolf - Cost:  25 energy

Summons up to 4 wolf spirits that pins down target enemy and deals 150/200/250/300 DoT for 3/4/4/5 seconds. Number of wolves scales with power strength. 

Second Ability
Fetch - Cost:  50 energy

Pulls in all drops within a 5/8/12/15m radius. Enemies affected by Maw of the Wolf are pulled within melee range of Lycan. 

Third Ability
Howl of the Pack - Cost:  75 energy

Lycan let's out a howl that empowers himself and allies with 25% sprint speed, 25% increased casting speed, and 10% increased attack/reload speed for 8/10/12/15 seconds. Enemies affected my Maw of the Wolf and Howl of the Pack have 100% health orb drop chance on death. 

Fourth Ability
Lycanthropy -  Cost: (drain) energy 25 / 18 / 15 / 12 s-1

Lycan transforms from a humanoid into his wolf form.  Health is increased by 100/125/150/200%.  Speed increased to 1.2/1.25/1.25/1.5.  Lycan no longer uses weapons.  Lycan can still use other abilities while transformed. 

> PRIMARY - Lycan lets out a gaseous breath up to 6/7/8/10m in a cone dealing 200/300/450/600 damage per second.  Has a charge capacity similar to battery weapons with a fast recharge. Base crit chance 10%, base status chance 15%. *Scales with primary mods*

> ALT FIRE - Lycan expends 25% of charge capacity to lob a toxic orb that bursts on impact creating a toxic patch of slime causing 100/200/250/300 damage per second, and slowing enemies by 50% while in the area of effect. Base crit chance 15%, base status chance 25% *Scales with secondary mods*

> MELEE - Lycan lashes out with his front claws.  Normal attacks inflict 100/125/200/250 base damage within 2 meters.  Cannot wall cling or slide.  Has base critical chance of 25% and base status chance of 20%.  *Scales with melee mods*.

It was a lot of fun coming up with this theme with him.  I did the gritty boring details like numbers, tweaks, and such, but this is wholly his idea.  Even without the bias, I'd totally play this Warframe.

Share what you think with any comments - critiques and suggestions are always welcome.  

Also, would totally love it if someone would be willing to share some credit to do the artwork.  Send me a PM and we can hash out details! :) 

P.S.  He's already coming up with quest ideas for acquisition.  

P.S.S.  From my reddit post, I am already aware about DOTA 2, but can assure you we've never played it.

Reddit Post:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/82whtv/fluff_concept_my_sons_warframe_concept_lycan_the/

Other Name Ideas:

Lucius

Lobos

and any other suggestions would be great

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ShoulderCliff66 said:

So for fun, my nine year old son and I were talking about Warframe and he wanted to create his own concept.  He liked the idea of a Wolf/Beast frame and here what he came up with:

Name:  Lycan

Stats (at 30)

> Armor:  225

>  Shields: 150

> Health: 400

>  Energy: 150

>  Speed: 1.0

Passive
>  When continuously sprinting, Lycan speeds up over time.  Gains 1 stack every 10m, max 5 stacks.  1 stack equals .1 speed.  Resets when sprint is broken.

First Ability
Maw of the Wolf - Cost:  25 energy

Summons up to 4 wolf spirits that pins down target enemy and deals 150/200/250/300 DoT for 3/4/4/5 seconds. Number of wolves scales with power strength. 

Second Ability
Fetch - Cost:  50 energy

Pulls in all drops within a 5/8/12/15m radius. Enemies affected by Maw of the Wolf are pulled within melee range of Lycan. 

Third Ability
Howl of the Pack - Cost:  75 energy

Lycan let's out a howl that empowers himself and allies with 25% sprint speed, 25% increased casting speed, and 10% increased attack/reload speed for 8/10/12/15 seconds. Enemies affected my Maw of the Wolf and Howl of the Pack have 100% health orb drop chance on death. 

Fourth Ability
Lycanthropy -  Cost: (drain) energy 25 / 18 / 15 / 12 s-1

Lycan transforms from a humanoid into his wolf form.  Health is increased by 100/125/150/200%.  Speed increased to 1.2/1.25/1.25/1.5.  Lycan no longer uses weapons.  Lycan can still use other abilities while transformed. 

> PRIMARY - Lycan lets out a gaseous breath up to 6/7/8/10m in a cone dealing 200/300/450/600 damage per second.  Has a charge capacity similar to battery weapons with a fast recharge. Base crit chance 10%, base status chance 15%. *Scales with primary mods*

> ALT FIRE - Lycan expends 25% of charge capacity to lob a toxic orb that bursts on impact creating a toxic patch of slime causing 100/200/250/300 damage per second, and slowing enemies by 50% while in the area of effect. Base crit chance 15%, base status chance 25% *Scales with secondary mods*

> MELEE - Lycan lashes out with his front claws.  Normal attacks inflict 100/125/200/250 base damage within 2 meters.  Cannot wall cling or slide.  Has base critical chance of 25% and base status chance of 20%.  *Scales with melee mods*.

It was a lot of fun coming up with this theme with him.  I did the gritty boring details like numbers, tweaks, and such, but this is wholly his idea.  Even without the bias, I'd totally play this Warframe.

Share what you think with any comments - critiques and suggestions are always welcome.  

Also, would totally love it if someone would be willing to share some credit to do the artwork.  Send me a PM and we can hash out details! :) 

P.S.  He's already coming up with quest ideas for acquisition.  

P.S.S.  From my reddit post, I am already aware about DOTA 2, but can assure you we've never played it.

Reddit Post:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/82whtv/fluff_concept_my_sons_warframe_concept_lycan_the/

Other Name Ideas:

Lucius

Lobos

and any other suggestions would be great

Awesome concept