Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma - Maybe some small tweaks?

Death_Master_Shadow

Chroma got a big nerf(even if developers call it a fix, it is also a nerf), everyone knows it.

But let's look at him again:

1) As he is now much less tanky due to multiplier fix why not make also 2 recastable(with re-applying effect like new cast) and add some % of damage reduction on 2?

2) Small tweak for his 3 would be much appreciated - let 3 affect damage output for everything(including abilities).

Those small changes would be what makes Chroma really useful for the team(and won't hurt anyone playing solo).

vor einer Stunde schrieb Death_Master_Shadow:

1) As he is now much less tanky due to multiplier fix why not make also 2 recastable(with re-applying effect like new cast) and add some % of damage reduction on 2?

He was to tanky, reverting him to his former godmode defeats the reason of him being fixed.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Death_Master_Shadow:

2) Small tweak for his 3 would be much appreciated - let 3 affect damage output for everything(including abilities).

This on the other hand is interesting, but compared to Equinox, who also buffs abilities that whould be OP considering how much difference there is between Equinox Powerstrength bonus and the multiplier that chroma features.

20 минут назад, Fishyflakes сказал:

Party wide DPS/Armor increase is a not a nerf.

But huge decrease of that increase IS a nerf.

Also... I honestly think they made mistake changing armor calculation (the damage was a bug, i agree but armor was in the right place).

They could also reduce damage buff to let's say Rhino's buff level instead of making it much less effective.

2 минуты назад, Walkampf сказал:

He was to tanky, reverting him to his former godmode defeats the reason of him being fixed.

This on the other hand is interesting, but compared to Equinox, who also buffs abilities that whould be OP considering how much difference there is between Equinox Powerstrength bonus and the multiplier that chroma features.

1) The reason of nerf was one-shotting Eidolons, not tankyness. we have other frames that can mitigate damage more effective(Gara's 90% damage reduction and Trin's bless ing with 75% reductiin and full heal).

2) That would be good synergy but not broken. Also it would be the only reason to pick Chroma instead of Rhino(which does buff all damage output). Why i compare those two? Becuse they are both tanks(even if different tank modes) and aren't good damage dealers by their abilities and they both have team buffs now.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Death_Master_Shadow:

1) The reason of nerf was one-shotting Eidolons, not tankyness. we have other frames that can mitigate damage more effective(Gara's 90% damage reduction and Trin's bless ing with 75% reductiin and full heal).

Yes it was.

Both values were to high. This has been officially addressed during one of the Octavias Anthem Updates.

Look it up!

I'm not gonna feed you the exact link, since, quite frankly, at this point I'm sick of people claiming this nonsense, that 'the armor was not the issue'.

No more godmod for Chroma, deal with it!

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Death_Master_Shadow:

2) Becuse they are both tanks(even if different tank modes) and aren't good damage dealers by their abilities and they both have team buffs now.

There are no RPG roles in Warframe... this isn't world of Warfraft.

No Warframe serves a dedicated role. Warframe roles are fluent. some are tankier than others, but nobody is a designated tank.

Edited by Walkampf

2 минуты назад, Walkampf сказал:

There are no RPG roles in Warframe... this isn't world of Warfraft.

I disagree on that - there are partially RPG roles in Warframe.

Let me explain it a bit - We have 4 ways our frames can go - invis, DD, tank, support.

Some frames fit the roles more, some have mix but we all choose as main for the mision one of roles.

Would it be pure support like Harrow or Trin? Or maybe Ember or Eqionox for DD? Or Chroma/Inaros/Rhino/Neja for tank?

Every frame has something to offer in one or more ways.

1st. As i already said, Warframe roles are fluent. Some feature similarities to RPG archetypes, however there are no dedicated roles. You can turn on your head and clap with your feat. No matter how much you try to force your logic into the game, DE has yearsago already stated that no Warframe is designed to be dedicated to a single role, just as content is not designed to feature the very specific RPG-Trinity of Tank-DD-healer.

2nd.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Death_Master_Shadow:

Or Chroma/Inaros/Rhino/Neja for tank?

Well, DE seems to disagree that Chroma is supposed to feature tank-protperties and isntead be a more of a team-buffer, as he was first described during his development stream, being inspired by Eastern Dragons who bring luck and prosperity to people who see them.

Только что, Fishyflakes сказал:

Then what happens to Rhino?

Rhino doesnot change - he is still able to buff all damage well! :)

I just compared buffs and Chroma's after change is much less effective compared to Rhino's especially because Chroma's buff does not affect abilities(solution for this i offered in first post of thread). 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Death_Master_Shadow:

Rhino doesnot change - he is still able to buff all damage well! :)

I just compared buffs and Chroma's after change is much less effective compared to Rhino's especially because Chroma's buff does not affect abilities(solution for this i offered in first post of thread). 

Rhinos ability doesn't increase the teams armor, so Chroma alrady has an advantage (additionally to the much higher multiplier)

3 минуты назад, Walkampf сказал:

Rhinos ability doesn't increase the teams armor, so Chroma alrady has an advantage (additionally to the much higher multiplier)

Yeah, but Rhino's ability increases damage output for whole duration.

Chroma's - only for time players are grouped tigtly enough and only for weapons.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Death_Master_Shadow:

Yeah, but Rhino's ability increases damage output for whole duration.

Chroma's - only for time players are grouped tigtly enough and only for weapons.

Yes. That is what is called a 'tradeoff'... You can play Rhino for an easy to use buff or Chroma for a much, much stronger but harder to use buff.

They do different stuff, so comparing them is stupid.

Только что, Walkampf сказал:

Yes. That is what is called a 'tradeoff'... You can play Rhino for an easy to use buff or Chroma for a much, much stronger but harder to use buff.

They do different stuff, so comparing them is stupid.

If only Chroma's buf WAS stronger! But sadly it isn't.

And that is not even considering the Armor buff.

And also, since Chromas buffs are an Aura players who were to far away during the initial cast can enter the aura to get the buff without the need for Chroma to recast.

So this is potentially an advantage, depending on how you look at it.

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

You guys don't realize that 'god mode' is already here in the form of Wukong and even Valkyr or nyx with assimilate augment.  When you compare rhino to his defensive capabilities I can get 50k Iron Skin and if I am using an augment I can drop it comfortably and set myself up for at minimum 32k Iron skin easy.  Chroma's armor was NOTHING but on par.

People don't realize that some people don't care bout 'sharing' buffs, and that is why most Chromas didn't care about the reduced range.  We contributed through damage and being able to reliably pick up team-mates and that's actually good enough.

Now I know what you or others are going to say: "Giving that level of tankyness to other warframes would break the game!" and you are right, so... give CHROMA his original tankyness and let the current or even less radiate out to team-mates.  Simple solution that would actually bring me back to the game.  I still haven't played it unless a friend really wanted me to and I'm not going to.  I don't play chroma to be a support frame and we DON'T need more support frames as we have so freaking many of them.

Hopefully when it is your turn for your favorite frame to get kicked in the junk or tripped into a pile of mud you will realize how shifting a frame THIS much actually ruins players enjoyment.  Chroma was a niche frame and just because he became popular as ONE of the many ways to 1-2 shot an eidolon he got kneecapped.

Edited by achromos

vor 1 Minute schrieb achromos:

You guys don't realize that 'god mode' is already here in the form of Wukong and even Valkyr or nyx with assimilate augment. 

You guys don't realise that those Warframes have not yet been tweaked. Only 1/3 of the Warframes have been revisited during the last batch.

And also, Nyx and Wukong are not able to increase weapondamage on top of the godmode.

Valkyr even looses access to all ranged weapons.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb achromos:

Hopefully when it is your turn for your favorite frame to get kicked in the junk or tripped into a pile of mud you will realize how shifting a frame THIS much actually ruins players enjoyment. 

Also, dude, look at my Avatar.

I'm a Frost-main since Patch 7.3...

You talk to somebody who was there, when Snowglobe was indestructible, so please, cry me a river.

2 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Party wide DPS/Armor increase is a not a nerf.

The crazy Damage scaling was a bug they postponed a fix for because Chroma really didn't have anything else going for him at the time.

Except it's still bugged, double dipping on elementals.  They nerfed the heck out of it without addressing why it was broken OP in the first place.  Now, it works like junk for allies (who don't give a crap about it to begin with) while Chroma himself has to tailor all his weapon builds specifically for it so that it can come close to Rhino.

36 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Rhino +50% damage

Chroma +350% Armor & 275% weapon damage

yeah..... 50% > 275%

sure....

*facepalm*

Rhino's is multiplicative and applies to all damage after mods and other buffs.  Chroma's buff currently works like serration, applying additively like another mod.  There's huge difference in scaling and functionality.

21 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Also, dude, look at my Avatar.

I'm a Frost-main since Patch 7.3...

You talk to somebody who was there, when Snowglobe was indestructible, so please, cry me a river.

If you have really been a fan of frost for that long id expect some sympathy because you KNOW what I’m talking about.  Instead you are being spiteful...?  Why?  

You up should be on my side, just as I argued that frost shouldn’t be absolutely kneecapped when HE was fresh off the chopping block.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb achromos:

If you have really been a fan of frost for that long id expect some sympathy because you KNOW what I’m talking about.  Instead you are being spiteful...?  Why?  

You up should be on my side, just as I argued that frost shouldn’t be absolutely kneecapped when HE was fresh off the chopping block.

Because it's more fun.

Standing in the Globe and just popping heads like in a cookie-clicker-game was boring as all hell. Now you have to play the game.

Frosts had to adapt, but DEs changes were for the better..

Edited by Walkampf

12 минут назад, TheDefenestrater сказал:

Rhino's is multiplicative and applies to all damage after mods and other buffs.  Chroma's buff currently works like serration, applying additively like another mod.  There's huge difference in scaling and functionality.

Exactly! So when Rhono roars for +100% that actually doubles ALL team damage output no matter waht they use - powers or weapons.

And Chroma even with highest possible buff brings just a few because most people use abilities to kill most of enemies.