Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost an Ice elemental is affected by Icy stages ... weird

ian_quia2

Got the Frost warframe after some intense farming and now I'm leveling it up. I just noticed that it's affected with the half shield effect because of those Icy stages, kind of odd since frost is an ice based warframe ...

Edited by ian_quia2

It would be interesting if warframes suffered less environmental penalties due to shared attributes.

There was an earlier thread about the same thing, where I guess the local loremaster decreed that Frost was a warframe that manipulated the ice elements and wasn't immune to it himself. Too bad, it'd be useful to use Frost to help friends farm their own if Frost was immune to the icey shenanigans of Lt. Lech Kril.

@Timaleiatra:

Yep, Ember does go owie when walking through the fiery environmental zones.

Edited by Cakes

This honestly makes sense to me though, it's like thinking someone with access to flamethrowers (Ember) should be immune to all kinds of fire.

I play Ember regularly and have never once been bugged by the fact that she's effected by fire, though I will admit at times I was thinking "If she can control fire surely she could warm herself up" when I land on an ice level. I'm pretty sure ice levels are just annoying enough to make you wish you were immune.

They can use their elements, but I would imagine that the war frames are made in a similar fashion, irregardless of their element. Yes, it sorta makes sense that they would get a damage reduction to their element, but this is not the case for gameplay reasons . . . Only three war frames use an element, which would make it unfair for the other war frames. Plus, you would see more people use the same war frames due to their damage reduction effect . . . For example, everyone would use frost on ice missions.

Edited by RespawningJesus

Got the Frost warframe after some intense farming and now I'm leveling it up. I just noticed that it's affected with the half shield effect because of those Icy stages, kind of odd since frost is an ice based warframe ...

Hey OP, could you please tell me where to farm for his parts, I have the blueprint of him but I'm a bit lost you see, many thanks in advance.

Remember that he uses standard Tenno shield units. Those aren't customized for each frame, they are the same except for mods.

If you want to get /realistic/ how come Rhino doesn't annihiliate his shields from the impact created by slamming into enemies three times his size when using his charge, it hits harder than any gun the enemy possesses.

To point it it, all warframes are contructed in a similar fashion, Frame+Sheild+Abilitys, the enviromental doesnt affect the warframe but the sheild generator so no matter how chilly you are frost enviomentals will still cut your sheilds, same goes for fire/ember, making frames immune to certain damage types wold be gamebreaking, it would be better to add a new mod that cuts the effect of frost/fire damage/effects by 1 to say 20% per mod

Edited by Koagedo

Or just quit and restart the mission to get a level without ice.

Then you are bypassing difficulty for no reason. I don't care if you choose to do that or not, but people ask for more difficulty and this is one way DE gives that to you. Its a random difficulty increaser/game changer. If you can't appreciate what it's doing and only see it as a hindrance, then you are missing the point entirely.

Then you are bypassing difficulty for no reason. I don't care if you choose to do that or not, but people ask for more difficulty and this is one way DE gives that to you. Its a random difficulty increaser/game changer. If you can't appreciate what it's doing and only see it as a hindrance, then you are missing the point entirely.

Difficulty is optional. Just because someone else thought the game was too easy, doesn't mean the OP feels the same way.

You mean difficulty is subjective, I think.

I meant that the difficulty or challenge is optional. Your repsonse to my suggestion was that bypassing a challenge is unwarranted. The comment I was originally responding to was lamenting that a person could get stuck in an ice level while trying to do an alert mission. Alert missions are presently pointless save for the ocasional ? reward. Thus when someone does an alert mission, they are most likely just trying to rush through it and get the prize. As such, if they arn't looking to for a challenge they could always just reroll the mission to avoid dealing with the additional ice element.

I should probably have prefaced my second sentence with "Also".

Edited by Ryme

I meant that the difficulty or challenge is optional. Your repsonse to my suggestion was that bypassing a challenge is unwarranted. The comment I was originally responding to was lamenting that a person could get stuck in an ice level while trying to do an alert mission. Alert missions are presently pointless save for the ocasional ? reward. Thus when someone does an alert mission, they are most likely just trying to rush through it and get the prize. As such, if they arn't looking to for a challenge they could always just reroll the mission to avoid dealing with the additional ice element.

Can you abandon an alert mission and retry ? I thought it was gone forever...

When I mentioned this about Ember before, difficulty wasn't the issue for me. It was about certain things making sense. I understand that a lot of things can be hand-waved in a setting like this in the name of game-balance, but coherency in gameplay elements is still important. The flamethrower comparison for Ember doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because she isn't wielding a seperate weapon that spews fire - she's doing that stuff herself. She literally manifests flame and wades through it - which means that taking damage from other fire sources is something that sorta sticks out like a sore thumb. The same thing applies to Frost, partly through association with Ember's inexplicable vulnerability to fire that she HASN'T created.

You could expound on that by wondering why other frames can wade through an inferno created by her without issue yet get roasted by regular little fires.

I would propose solving this bit of content incoherency by allowing frames to offer passive defence bonuses to squadmates in the same mission - for example, while giving an Ember player heavy resistance to fire-based attacks and enviromental hazards, having one in the squad could pass on a fraction of that resistance to players in the same squad as a passive bonus for the duration of that mission. Similar things could be done with Frost with Ice hazard missions, and perhaps even Rhino with melee-based enemies, for instance. It could offer additional incentives for variety in the make-up of a squad if handled right.

I do agree with you I think taking 50% of all shields is bullS#&$, why then do we who work to outfit our warframes with 700 sheilds lose over 350 shield just from cold, what the hell makes its 50% to all its a little unfair I think setting at a harddeck 50% for all, 100-200 fine, just set a number dependant on the cold factor but damn making everyone lose a base 50% , get one of those missions with a new or lower warframe and you're right you are screwed , almost impossible to run a mission with 50 shields.

Edited by JayWalker
Removed insult.