Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Tileset/Content Discussion] The Digital/Datascape Tileset and its Application for High Level Content

FoxFX

The Digital/Datascape Tileset and its Application for High Level Content

jv7kMW0g.jpg

A LINK TO A FAN CONCEPT SHOWING A STORYLINE/CONTENT EXAMPLE

WHAT IS THE DATASCAPE?

The name of the tileset which players partake in Mastery Rank Tests, the Simulacrium, and a setting which takes place of the last part of the Octavia Quest.

WHAT THIS THREAD IS BRINGING UP?

Much like the Fan Concept I've done a few days ago HERE, I have a strong feeling that this very digital tileset would be a major potential setting and place for a future endgame content in Warframe. I have come to believe that the trope of fighting in a "cyberspace-like environment" would allow [DE] to explore unique challenges, missions, objectives, and enemy types to implement into this particular setting. Unlike the daily content we get to do in Warframe, the digital world can have specific rules and perks that are not as bounded as the settings in higher level content like Sorties and the common missions. The setting of the Datascape also leaves much room for players to test their parkour skills more often than most tilesets in Warframe.

COULD THIS PARTICULAR SETTING SUPPORT THE 8-PLAYER TRIAL CONTENT?

I feel Warframe performs best with a 4-man team max due to how the game was initially designed. Relating to certain issues that had occurred in Trials have included scenarios of 5 players wielding [Corrosive Projection] leading to enemies with wacky occurrences. Though this type of scenario has been dealt with in the past before and may even be re-balanced in the near future, I feel a bit adamant on making a Trial-participating content in a setting such as the Datascape. But, I see the potential in it.

WHAT STORYLINES/CHARACTERS COULD BE ASSOCIATED WITH AN ENDGAME CONTENT IN THE DATASCAPE?

Like the Fan Concept I have done, the #1 content on top of my head that can support this tileset would be Simaris. Simaris's Sanctuary could be the very area that would be the right place to have such a content in. There are also the possibility of making traveling into digital Datascapes in Grineer/Corpus controlled computer interfaces in the Star Chart. Doing so could potentially make for a much tougher but "digitized" variant of a normal mission. It could open up a "secondary Nightmare" level that isn't randomized but accessible at any time.

There is also potential to have a Warframe who's body was fragmented and scattered across the Datascape and will require collecting these fragments to bring it back, but that is a matter for a different time.

55 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

[QUESTION]

Do you feel that Simaris could be the best character to host a new challenging content with the tileset of the Datascape?

I believe so, he's an interesting character and I enjoy his lines (kinda like vay hek) so it would be cool for him to have his own thing. Also it could be an interesting way to flesh out his story a bit more, because we know there is some connection between him and suda. As suda called him by a different name then everyone else, and we know that these cephalons are made from people, ordis and suda being confermed.

I've had a flip flop kinda relationship with him, starting with adoring him due to his search for knowledge, along with suda, but then the new strange and I hated him for how he treated ordis (I didn't hate how the character was done tho, still liked the character a lot). Then with Octavias anthem I went back to liking him, since he was fleshed out more and wasn't so souless and uncaring. 

Also it kinda makes sense, he is the one who appears to hold our mastery tests along with the lotus, so he would've seen how good we are in combat. So it all checks out for me. I hope this wasn't too long of a reply, and this can be of some help. 

I still feel that we should consider using the Datascape as a setting for a challenging content {possibly an endgame like Trials}. The fact that it is a digital world allows the developers a lot of freedom to try out different and unique missions, objectives, and mechanics that would truly challenge players much like the Mastery Rank Tests can do.

20 hours ago, Gandergear said:

I hate the datascape tileset, lifeless, bright and sterile. I want the simulacrum to load captura scenes so i can test my weapons there. Besides poe its my least favt in terms of art direction.

I can understand visually that the datascape may seem a bit bland, but do you see how the setting of a digital world like the Datascape could allow room for [DE] to make some endgame content with it. Since the Trials are foregone now?

2 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

I can understand visually that the datascape may seem a bit bland, but do you see how the setting of a digital world like the Datascape could allow room for [DE] to make some endgame content with it. Since the Trials are foregone now?

I can, but not in a unique manner that couldnt be done with any other tileset

>Datascape
>Endgame content in the Datascape

We playing Wildstar now?

Joking aside, I'unno. I think this game needs something akin to actual raiding content (no, trials were not raids, don't even go there) that you see in MMO's, or Destiny even. Meaningful and memorable encounters and boss fights that you'll spend all night trying to complete before moving onto the next one eventually, and a big final boss that closes it out, that drop meaningful loot. Could get 1 a year or something. They don't gotta take MONTHS to get on farm like raids in MMO's do, or take up 3 nights of the week like in MMO's, but something akin to them with a weekly lockout? That'd be nice. We played the same 2 raids in Wildstar for years upon years. Destiny players were still playing Vault of Glass even in its final stretch. People still play older raiding content in WoW even for eons now. Content like that creates magical moments and memories that other stuff just can't really compare to.

If something like THIS could be put into the 'datascape' you have in mind then yeah sure, but I'unno. I think it'd mean more if it was actual in-world content and not just a simulation in the Sanctuary.

3 hours ago, Diarist said:

>Datascape
>Endgame content in the Datascape

We playing Wildstar now?

Joking aside, I'unno. I think this game needs something akin to actual raiding content (no, trials were not raids, don't even go there) that you see in MMO's, or Destiny even. Meaningful and memorable encounters and boss fights that you'll spend all night trying to complete before moving onto the next one eventually, and a big final boss that closes it out, that drop meaningful loot. Could get 1 a year or something. They don't gotta take MONTHS to get on farm like raids in MMO's do, or take up 3 nights of the week like in MMO's, but something akin to them with a weekly lockout? That'd be nice. We played the same 2 raids in Wildstar for years upon years. Destiny players were still playing Vault of Glass even in its final stretch. People still play older raiding content in WoW even for eons now. Content like that creates magical moments and memories that other stuff just can't really compare to.

If something like THIS could be put into the 'datascape' you have in mind then yeah sure, but I'unno. I think it'd mean more if it was actual in-world content and not just a simulation in the Sanctuary.

There have been concepts I've made that were describing such a thing, but one ol' one I did was something called "Endless Assassination" which was more like a stationary variant of the Stalker's Acolytes fight. I didn't push the idea further because I felt some people would argue over how different Warframe's gameplay is in comparison to other games.