The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

freezing with audio still present

brokenfate991

For a few updates now my game has been freezing but it continues to play audio in the background. I doubt its my monitor or pc bc this game is the only one i have the problem in. But ive tried everything reinstalling windows, my drivers twice now, reinstalling warframe, verifying and optimizing my cache and turning all possible settings down to no avail. 

Same here. This issue has been happening to me for more than a year. They still haven't fixed it. Try opening a support ticket. There's little chance they'll do something without it. Today I logged in, the daily reward spin has started and then the game froze.

I got this problem too.However,I already can solve it by closing SLI because i use 2*gpu. I don't know why i try to clean install driver and set everything to low it still happen. After I close SLI, I played 5 hours without freezing more. But if you use only 1 GPU I still don't know how to fix it even Dev still overlook this.

On 13/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, brokenfate991 said:

For a few updates now my game has been freezing but it continues to play audio in the background. I doubt its my monitor or pc bc this game is the only one i have the problem in. But ive tried everything reinstalling windows, my drivers twice now, reinstalling warframe, verifying and optimizing my cache and turning all possible settings down to no avail. 

Same here, I think turning off FXAA Antialising is a good choice

Don't wanna run ahead of the train but apparently I've managed to fix this for my system. I hope my solution will help at least some of you guys. Here's what I did.

1) Nvidia Control Panel - Configure SLI, Surround, Physx - Physx Settings - set it to CPU

2) I went to local Warframe AppData folder and changed this line in EE.cfg file

Graphics.AutoDetectGraphicsSettings=0 to Graphics.AutoDetectGraphicsSettings=1

I don't know if you need to do both, but after I did this I haven't got a single freeze or crash. If I crash or freeze again, I'll report here today or tomorrow.

I think the problem still remains though. I'm not tech savvy at all, but it looks like there's some sort of disconnection between GPU driver, setting in NVidia control panel and ingame display settings. Can they even fix this? I don't know.

Edited by BaronKreight

Have switched some old components in my system and now I am experiencing the same issue. The game crashes frequently during loading, launcher is unstable and if I somehow can join a game I will experience OPs issue.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Geforce GTX1060 6GB
ASUS 350 Prime+
16GB Ram
Win10 64b
Driver: 391.24 (Nvidia)

• 4 weeks later...

i tried every solution as above drivers etc but nothing worked  i have 1 GTX 1050ti  my screen  was freezing random  but sound continuous and game working jump, moving around  etc etc i unchecked direct 10-11 and still were having issues but not same... screen was freezing-becoming black for 1-2 sec and continuous fine after  but i think i found a solution haven't tried it yet with direct 10-11 active but i think will work fine , what i did is to set aspect ratio at options at  display  from auto to 16:9 (because my resolution of my screen is 1920X1080)and display  mode full screen not board less  , i hope will work for all of you that having this issue , i think the problem is that game change aspect ratio of screen by itself without reason ...

Solution    : Change aspect ration to your monitor spec and to full window not board less or windowed

HOPE IT HELPS A LOT OF PEEPS :cool:

Edited by DarkLanc3

• 2 weeks later...

Sad about it, Same issue here, kinda thought there was a fix for it since when i originally started researching the problem and found posts about it a year ago. I really would like to play some Warframe, love the game since beta. With this issue seemingly unsolved for so long, doesn't seem like there is going to be a fix for it. Feelsbadman

• 1 month later...

I tried to enjoy the Sacrifice but crashed on literally every stage of the quest.  This is a long-standing, common bug that's ruining the game for a lot of paying customers.  DE need to get their act together because they're steadily building a reputation as an under-staffed and incompetent developer that struggles to push out content that isn't completely broken.  I like this game, but I hate the experience of trying to play this game.  Put in the work, DE.  Invest in new staff.  You're failing at what you do.

I have the same issue, image freezes, but the game goes on in the backgroud it seems, as I can still fire my weapons etc. and the sound plays as normal. I will also get all rewards if the mission finishes. This problem has been especially bad for me in Onslought, there is a ~70% chance that it will happen and it is the worst because unlike other missions you can not just wait until the team extracts. It also seems that it is worse now than a few weeks ago, but that may just be coincidence.

I will try disabling certain things in the settings and see how it goes. I am using a GTX770 by the way.

Update: Tried a few things: All AA settings -> no change; Fullscreen istead of borderless -> no change; disabled all effects -> no effect. This is a serious issue for me now, Onslought has become more or less unplayable as there is a ~70% chance to crash before 8 rounds are done. Other missions are less of a problem, but it can still happen.

Edited by ZUBO-EGT-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nope put in a ticket and they asked to test my system to see if anything is crashing while playing warframe. the thing is my rig can play quake champions and the witcher 3 without crashing for hours upon end but yea i cannot play warframe for more then 20 mins before whitescreening. i love DE but the problem needs to be addressed soon.... also warframe and nier automata are the only games that do this nier is bc it was horribly coded for 700 and 900 series of nvidia cards.

Edited by brokenfate991