The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

freezing with audio still present

brokenfate991

I actually posted a topic in Players Helping Players, not realizing this was here.  I honestly just thought my rig was just less than potato (I refer to it as a "peanut" rig).  I have this problem and it's only at "hubs", like Cetus, Fortuna, etc.

What happens is, I can get into the areas just fine -- plenty of lag, though, as the other players' Frames are loading in; I can usually take about three steps before everything hangs for a couple of seconds, and then I can walk for another few steps.  Game hangs, I can take a few steps, game hangs, I can take a few steps.  This does eventually stop, when all the players who are going to show up, do so.  Once this happens everything is a lot smoother.

The problem I have is, when I try to exit into the areas where combat must happen.  On Cetus, it's between those two doors leading away from Konzu, where you can hear the water.  On Fortuna, it's the elevator topside.  The same thing happens every time -- I can still hear the ambient sounds, but unlike others here, I am not able to move.  I don't hear footsteps when I press the directional buttons, I don't hear the landing when I press space.  The game just freezes, while ambient sounds continue.

I just tried this on Fortuna again, after speaking to Thursby.  He makes his speech, it goes on in the background, but the frame doesn't advance.  He stops at "But you know what Eudico says" or something of the like.  I can't hear well, and not being able to see his speech makes it difficult to understand.  The game froze as described above, no moving, no jumping.  I did try /unstuck, with no luck.

As an aside, I checked, and I don't think I have an NVIDIA graphics card. Mine calls itself an Intel brand graphics card.  So it seems the problem is no longer confined only to NVIDIA (unless these brands are somehow connected, which is totally possible).

Hope this is useful to someone trying to figure out a solution!