Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survivals; Independent Extraction?

-MortisThorne-

Over the years, I've noticed this never ending issue with survivals; One player who needs to leave, and the rest do not wish to. It even happened today. A player did not have enough relics for the Survival Fissure after the 5th minute and wanted to leave. I believe this fissure was nearing it's end when I joined, so I'm sure the majority of us wanted to get as much out of it as possible, basically forcing this player to stay for another 35 minutes. They could have left on their own, but that would have taken their gold prime part away that they earned in the 5th minute and that would be just as unfair if not more. 

I understand this would be considered toxic behavior, to force a player 3v1 or 2v1 to stay in a mission that they do not wish to. Whether it be due to personal affairs or just wanting to not be in that mission, I believe there should be a way for players to extract independently. Same as they can in Interception and Defense. Although those have no extraction points, with a survival you could just walk into the extraction zone and the text box will come up saying "Do you wish to extract before your team? Yes / No", and boom, choose to leave or don't leave. Simple as that.

I once made a topic like this before, and it got some negativity from some who seemed to be bothered by the idea that "their spawns could be messed up" or something of the sort, and I want to hear NONE of that, because that in itself is selfish play. Also know that no one said the spawns have to be affected by a team mate extracting, because in all honesty, more spawns + less players = more fun, and if you can't handle it, just extract. I also DEFINITELY don't want to hear "if they knew they'd had to leave early why do it public/at all." because they should not be shunned for playing the game how it suits them just because you don't like it. Sometimes players don't have enough relics/access to other fissure nodes so they need to leave early, sometimes players have sudden business to attend to while in a survival, sometimes players just can't handle the levels you're forcing them through, sometimes players like to pub level but end up maxing out their gear early and want to leave, none of them should be forced to stay by players who have more time on their hands, y'feel?

TL;DR: Independent Extraction where you can go to the extraction point and choose to leave or stay (after 5 min mark) separately from your team, but the spawns stay the same as if there were still x amount of players, would benefit players a lot more than it would hurt them.

Kinda agree, but people that dont have enough relics to continue for atleast 20 minutes or 20 waves, should not join a endless mission. Thats what spy, exterminate and capture is made for if you only want to open one relic do those.

I always try to do a 25 waves/minutes, then restart. but if we join a mission that has 10 minutes left we continue until we cant handle it anymore. it really does suck then if 1 or 2 of your members pop out at 10 waves/minutes..

but oww wel, not the biggest problem in the universe

4 minutes ago, The_Imperial_Nugget said:

Kinda agree, but people that dont have enough relics to continue for atleast 20 minutes or 20 waves, should not join a endless mission. Thats what spy, exterminate and capture is made for if you only want to open one relic do those.

I always try to do a 25 waves/minutes, then restart. but if we join a mission that has 10 minutes left we continue until we cant handle it anymore. it really does suck then if 1 or 2 of your members pop out at 10 waves/minutes..

but oww wel, not the biggest problem in the universe

I mean, no one would ever have the problem of not having enough relics to stay until 20 minutes if they could leave when they wanted to while still being able to keep their obtained items. Because it changes nothing whether they leave or stay, they either stay and you don't get anything from them anymore and they proceed to leech, or they leave and you still don't get anything from them. Also some people just prefer to do survivals over other things, we shouldn't give them sh*t for it. There's even certain circumstances where it's the only fissure of that era that they can do, even stated here that's what happened to another player. Telling people not to do something just because they don't have enough of what you want is not how someone should act towards other players.

• 3 weeks later...

I came here to make a thread asking for this too. I'll just reply to yours. Ive both had to leave endless missions early and also been forced to stay longer than i deemed fun, I don't see why idependent extraction isn't already implemented. Would someone explain the benefits of the group extraction?

On 14/03/2018 at 4:06 AM, -MortisThorne- said:

Over the years, I've noticed this never ending issue with survivals; One player who needs to leave, and the rest do not wish to. It even happened today. A player did not have enough relics for the Survival Fissure after the 5th minute and wanted to leave. I believe this fissure was nearing it's end when I joined, so I'm sure the majority of us wanted to get as much out of it as possible, basically forcing this player to stay for another 35 minutes. They could have left on their own, but that would have taken their gold prime part away that they earned in the 5th minute and that would be just as unfair if not more. 

I understand this would be considered toxic behavior, to force a player 3v1 or 2v1 to stay in a mission that they do not wish to. Whether it be due to personal affairs or just wanting to not be in that mission, I believe there should be a way for players to extract independently. Same as they can in Interception and Defense. Although those have no extraction points, with a survival you could just walk into the extraction zone and the text box will come up saying "Do you wish to extract before your team? Yes / No", and boom, choose to leave or don't leave. Simple as that.

I once made a topic like this before, and it got some negativity from some who seemed to be bothered by the idea that "their spawns could be messed up" or something of the sort, and I want to hear NONE of that, because that in itself is selfish play. Also know that no one said the spawns have to be affected by a team mate extracting, because in all honesty, more spawns + less players = more fun, and if you can't handle it, just extract. I also DEFINITELY don't want to hear "if they knew they'd had to leave early why do it public/at all." because they should not be shunned for playing the game how it suits them just because you don't like it. Sometimes players don't have enough relics/access to other fissure nodes so they need to leave early, sometimes players have sudden business to attend to while in a survival, sometimes players just can't handle the levels you're forcing them through, sometimes players like to pub level but end up maxing out their gear early and want to leave, none of them should be forced to stay by players who have more time on their hands, y'feel?

TL;DR: Independent Extraction where you can go to the extraction point and choose to leave or stay (after 5 min mark) separately from your team, but the spawns stay the same as if there were still x amount of players, would benefit players a lot more than it would hurt them.

I completely agree, i have had the same issue where i needed to leave or where some one needed to leave. I would love to see this change.