Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing: Why Bother Playing If You Are Just Going To Rush Through?

LikeAFujin

Rushing is a legitimate playstyle. If you don't like it that's ok, but don't presume to say no one else should rush.

If you have trouble with pubbers rushing when you don't want to, don't play in pubs. Get some friends or a clan who prefer to play the same way you do.

Honestly this is something I dont get, you can rush in solo/private and not annoy anyone.  Or rush in online game achieving the exact same result and potentially annoy other players in the process.

Alternativly you can exlopre in solo far less efficiently than with a group (more players give more loot), so there is actually an advantage to being online.

Maybe the rushes should consider that factor, it's not like you are actually playing with others (even if you are in a match with them) when you are skipping the content anyway. 

Try playing solo/private when rushing, this way you get to rush and not annoy others in the process.

Edited by Loswaith

I hate rushing and I hate rushers.

I share that sentiment. Thus far, from what I've experienced, rushers are some of the more obnoxious players in this community. You ask them politely to wait for a moment to do something (get pick ups, fiddle with Options/Settings, look for hidden areas with loot/mats), and by the time you've finished typing, they're already at the boss or at the objective. When you try to get there, guess what? There's the bloody timer for the extraction.

They don't even bother to reply to your messages, all they think of in their minds is "RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNGOTTAGOFASTERRUNRUNRUN".

I mean, come on, not everyone has all the mats you have or buy with platinum, some of us have to grind for stuff like this, taking it slowly. Give a hoot, don't rush.

Honestly this is something I dont get, you can rush in solo/private and not annoy anyone.  Or rush in online game achieving t

he exact same result and potentially annoy other players in the process.

Alternativly you can exlopre in solo far less efficiently than with a group (more players give more loot), so there is actually an advantage to being online.

Maybe the rushes should consider that factor, it's not like you are actually playing with others (even if you are in a match with them) when you are skipping the content anyway. 

Try playing solo/private when rushing, this way you get to rush and not annoy others in the process.

And this mentality I don't get unless you're a Warframe rookie. Which is fine, everything is new to you, I can understand the desire to take your time and explore.

However, the amount to explore dries up quickly. Once you play for a great deal of time, you develop the desire to get it done with.

And this mentality I don't get unless you're a Warframe rookie. Which is fine, everything is new to you, I can understand the desire to take your time and explore.

However, the amount to explore dries up quickly. Once you play for a great deal of time, you develop the desire to get it done with.

If the game has become that stale, why are you even bothering to play it? What possible enjoyment can you get out of "I hate this, let's make it quick."

If the game has become that stale, why are you even bothering to play it? What possible enjoyment can you get out of "I hate this, let's make it quick."

Because the game isn't stale, I've just seen everything before. Its routine until they add new stuff into it. Do you stop and smell the roses on every drive you make to work? 

I wouldn't say "I hate this." It's more of "seen it already." I've seen the ships thousands of times. I've seen the Void hundreds of times. I've done the same missions over and over. 

However, you and everyone else against rushing fail to understand one thing:

I still have goals to accomplish. Masteries, building new stuff, etc.

The road to attain said goals are overly stale and overly long. How many times can I enjoy the path to Raptor until the Nova Systems finally drop? How long must I endure Endless Defense until I get a T3 key, use it, and hope I get a Braton Prime Receiver? Why try to kill everyone in a Sabotage mission for affinity when I can do a Kappa run and spam Powers. This is why people adopt rushing to counteract the horrific RNG system and the bare bones content Warframe has to offer. It's efficient. Why take an hour to casually stroll to Raptor and fight it to try and most likely fail at getting Nova Systems? In the same amount of time, I can rush the mission about 3 times. That's 3:1 chances to try to get what I want.

There is absolutely no incentive passed the first time experiences to take a Sunday drive through the content we have. Give us a story to truly explore and watch (not a Lore page). Give us multiple branching paths to find hidden treasure or a new way to complete a mission. Instead, we have go from Point A to Point B and hope to RNGsus that you get what you want.

Because the game isn't stale, I've just seen everything before. Its routine until they add new stuff into it. Do you stop and smell the roses on every drive you make to work? 

I'd hazard your use of the word "work" pretty much sums any rebuttal en toto.

Edited by -Kittens-

I actually find it fun to see how fast I can get to the end of a mission. The point of being a ninja is to get in and out as fast as possible. Raid and spy missions I will always rush. However, when it comes to other missions there's no point in rushing. Exterminate, defense, mobile defense. You kind of have to kill enemies.

However, you and everyone else against rushing fail to understand one thing:

What other people choose to do in their games is none of my business or concern. I understand the rationalization perfectly. I simply have no use for it nor do I have any wish to be LITERALLY dragged along by someone who allows the skinner box to rule their gameplay experience.

I have around 700 hours of playtime into this game and I still take my time through missions.  In other words: not everyone is the same, so don't start lumping all 'explorers' into one group, please.

What other people choose to do in their games is none of my business or concern. I understand the rationalization perfectly. I simply have no use for it nor do I have any wish to be LITERALLY dragged along by someone who allows the skinner box to rule their gameplay experience.

I find this ironic. And hypocritical.

Why? It works both ways:

A rusher doesn't wish to be dragged along your school of thought to rule their gameplay experience.

Sure, both groups can contain themselves to playing with friends and clan mates. But that isn't always an option and pubbing is the way to go. In this case, either do what you want or be a bro and follow the group. Basically, people just need to follow "When in Rome..." 

Either way, I generally follow whatever the majority of the group wants. If they want to rush, fantastic, works for me. If they want to explore, I'd rather not, but I'll tag along and let them have their way. Course, I've seen more rushers than anything else, so no complaints here. I support rushing, but I don't demand it to be the one and only way to play the game. I understand and have fallen under the rationalization of why it's done.

Nor do I believe slow and steady should be made to be the dominant mindset in how to play the game. That's like when Nintendo developed Super Smash Bros Brawl with stupid gimmicks like tripping to deter the competitive scene because it wasn't how the game was supposed to be played.

In short, whining about rushing is a childish thing to do when there are justified reasons as to why it currently exists, some that I have provided. Trying to force the rushers to slow down is not going to happen. So, sorry that it "ruins" your game experience, but that's the risk you take in random queues. You just have to make the best of things and focus on more pressing issues: like DE providing better and fulfilling content to explore. This actually supports your view of counter-rushing and would be the grand deterrent to rushing.

I have around 700 hours of playtime into this game and I still take my time through missions.  In other words: not everyone is the same, so don't start lumping all 'explorers' into one group, please.

Take that to heart when talking about rushers too.

Edited by Hakaru

Honestly, as a new player, this game is already losing it's 15 minutes of fun with the rushing.  I could care less that you're maxed out.  With all the planets out there, why I see rushers in the first few boards is beyond me....

I think there needs to be a online gameplay option such as "group finish" that requires all active players to be at the finish together  as to not be a race.  And I also think it is time you don't just have one person hack, but make group obstacles that required interaction of all the players to proceed. (i.e. hacking a door with 3 players, means 2 players have to sit on terminals, while the 3 works his magic at the active terminal) Do this and make it scalable across the board and you can get rid of alot of this issue.

Honestly, as a new player, this game is already losing it's 15 minutes of fun with the rushing.  I could care less that you're maxed out.  With all the planets out there, why I see rushers in the first few boards is beyond me....

Trust me, when you get to those new planets you'll find they're nothing special.

Try getting a Loki with a maxed rush mod and dual zorens, and you'll see how fun rushing can be.

This game is 90% grind, 10% having fun with what you just grinded.

Everything else is defense.

So you rush the grinding part, get to the 10% testing you weapon, and then use that weapon forever more in defense.

It's a repetitive process, and to be efficient people rush, plus. It's like 4 tilesets shared between grineer and infested, and about 6-8 tilesets for every mission, excluding void.

I'm damn tired of seeing the same stuff, let alone explore it.

Sure, both groups can contain themselves to playing with friends and clan mates. But that isn't always an option and pubbing is the way to go. In this case, either do what you want or be a bro and follow the group. [h]Basically, people just need to follow "When in Rome..." [/h]

IE if you're a rusher, and you're in an online match of people who don't rush, then you stick with the group!

If you're not a rusher, but you're matched with people who do rush, try to keep up with them.

If you and 1 or 2 others are rushers, and there's a frost or rhino on your team, slow down so they can keep up, it's more XP for you, if you need it, and more importently it's more XP for them, and you won't fail the mission if it requires all members of the team at the extraction point.

Umm no, no it doesn't.

Not even kinda. Explorers can't end the mission early and explorers can't cause boss drops to despawn.

Rushers have to wait on the explorer with the datamass/capture target/hostage (since I see him/her love to tag to the last person in the line) if they picked it up. Rushers have to wait to open dual locks if no one else kept up. So yeah, there are similarities.

Rushers used to have to wait on the explorer to get to the defense target to get the mission started. Funny how that was removed.

Like I said, the better practice is to just go with the flow and do what the majority of the group wants to do. 

It's PvP in PvE without 'saying' it.

Scenario (current event):-

Three scouts

Three players

Rush to the first scout before everyone else, kill and mash the X key at the same time to make sure you are the winner by getting the capture.

Rush to the second one kill the second one ,let someone else have the kill while you rush to the third scout kill and capture.

1 loss by 'giving' the scout away

2 wins by getting the scouts.

Win session.

Rinse and repeat to make yourself feel superior to everyone else.

If lose make sure all scouts are captured by you to reclaim hurt ego.

Try going mission where they drop plastids, rebedo and ferrite.. People most probably won't rush there. But if u go to places that drop nano spores... You are asking for it. Who the hell in the right mind would want to stop for a sec or two for that material when we got like 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 of them in the foundary/inventory. 

because the rushers have already seen it all

what is important to them is getting the job done 

Try going mission where they drop plastids, rebedo and ferrite.. People most probably won't rush there. But if u go to places that drop nano spores... You are asking for it. Who the hell in the right mind would want to stop for a sec or two for that material when we got like 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 of them in the foundary/inventory. 

amen to that brotha

Edited by Guest

With no reason to explore that leaves only one option for optimal gain. Designing levels more like the Dojo and giving players things to find and collect (data logs/ audio logs for lore for instance), as well as things to interact with then there will actually be a reason to not rush.

I think you completly missed my point. 

I'm not saying dont rush (or that I dont understand why you would rush), I just dont understand why you would do it in an online session when it gives you zero benefit to rushing through in a private or solo session.  It actually hinders you because you are likely to end up in a session you have to wait for others, which is what you dont want.

If you go into a mission planing to rush (and ignore the content), your effectively going in planning not to play with anyone else.  So why do it in an online mission?   Given the purpose of online is to play with others, and your basically doing the exact opposite to that.

You are putting yourself in a position to potentially be annoyed by others (making you wait) and to annoy others (by rushing ahead of them constantly), which honestly to me makes no sence at all.  When you could simply do it solo (in private/solo missions) and have no chance at all of being forced to wait by other players.

Edited by Loswaith