Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing: Why Bother Playing If You Are Just Going To Rush Through?

LikeAFujin

I thought the point of the game is feeling like a superpowered spaceninja. Rushing past flabbergasted enemies while using parkour gives me exactly this feeling.

As it stands, rushing is also the most efficient way to play the game.

I agree. My problem is that if the whole team doesn't rush all together, it looses the feeling of actually being a team. 

Also, I think Loswaith took the words right out of my mouth. 

Edited by LikeAFujin

I can think of a few "fixes" for this.

1. Secrets. The real one, with hidden doors, switches traps, and lore,rare loot, etc.

2. Alternative pathing. Add 2 routes like a racer. Some are full of traps and moving terrain, no enemies. Made for rush and parkour.

One heavy guard route with a mini boss and drops.

3. Find the secret/ hunters. Somewhere there is a npc or an artifact, maby several.

Rewards are given for completion.

4. Stealth objectives. This is selected upon mission start. Can be kills, hacking, sabotage, theft etc.

This is of course in my dreams only.

5. Sneak. Parts are rigged with traps and require teamwork to traverse.

Running would not work here.

Sneak past enemies unarmed.

What do you think? Could any have some benefits?

Take that to heart when talking about rushers too.

Already do.  I typically solo or only play with clanmates so my 'slow poke &#!' doesn't annoy those with the rushing mindset.  Yeah, I can take over an hour per mission killing every mob and looking for every crate while I farm for xp and mats (which, really, is the only thing I actually need, as I have over 4mil credits), especially if I'm doing an infested mission (which I tend to do the most).

Do I rush sometimes?  Yes, during the ship event, as I wanted all the mods.  However, that, for me, ended up being a mistake, as all that rushing burnt me out to the game quicker than anything else (though admittedly the double xp event the following weekend did not help any).  For that reason, I am not putting as much effort into the current event: all that rushing burnt me out!

Already do.  I typically solo or only play with clanmates so my 'slow poke &#!' doesn't annoy those with the rushing mindset.  Yeah, I can take over an hour per mission killing every mob and looking for every crate while I farm for xp and mats (which, really, is the only thing I actually need, as I have over 4mil credits), especially if I'm doing an infested mission (which I tend to do the most).

Do I rush sometimes?  Yes, during the ship event, as I wanted all the mods.  However, that, for me, ended up being a mistake, as all that rushing burnt me out to the game quicker than anything else (though admittedly the double xp event the following weekend did not help any).  For that reason, I am not putting as much effort into the current event: all that rushing burnt me out!

Rushing burning you out... I kind of find that head tilting. You speak of rushing during the events which already were criticized for just being more of a mindless grind fest than something worthwhile. The problem isn't rushing for you, it's the game.

By not rushing, you're not really exposing yourself to the grand weakness Warframe has, which is more power to you. When you rushed, you saw the weakness tenfold and that burned you out. You saw and did the same stuff over and over and over in quick succession. This is over just taking an hour to complete one mission (which, sorry to say, is also a rude mentality to take up that much time from three other random people in pubs). You only saw the content once in that hour, rather than four to five times. See how that can add up? 

Rushing burning you out... I kind of find that head tilting. You speak of rushing during the events which already were criticized for just being more of a mindless grind fest than something worthwhile. The problem isn't rushing for you, it's the game.

By not rushing, you're not really exposing yourself to the grand weakness Warframe has, which is more power to you. When you rushed, you saw the weakness tenfold and that burned you out. You saw and did the same stuff over and over and over in quick succession. This is over just taking an hour to complete one mission (which, sorry to say, is also a rude mentality to take up that much time from three other random people in pubs). You only saw the content once in that hour, rather than four to five times. See how that can add up? 

Actually, you support my own argument with your post:  by rushing you (general) burn though the content that much quicker and burn yourself out, thus shortening the lifespan of the game for you.  Those that 'rush to the top' every time new content/events come out, tend to whine about 'not having anything to do' soon after: I've seen this, every...single...time in all the MMOs I've played.  If they would just appreciate the journey, rather than trying to be 'first' all the time, the game would last much longer for them.  By having the current content last longer, it gives the devs more time to make more content.  But...that's a mentally that will always the present in games, thus there will always be the 'locusts' that gobble up new content post-haste and then cry for more 24 hrs later (if even that).

And tbh the grind doesn't bother me all that much (started playing MMOs with the original Everquest, for instance):  you missed the part where I said I typically solo or play with clanmates (whom are explorers as well).  I don't play pugs at all, with the exception I mentioned in my last post.  During the ship event, I went with the flow of the rest of the group (as my clanmates only could play late at night, so if I wanted all the mods, I had to pug): I am not 'rude' by any stretch. 

If you join a pug mission and they're taking it slow while you try rushing then you are a $&*^.

If you join a pug mission and they're rushing and you insist on taking it slow then you are a $&*^.

It's basically that simple.

Edited by TOGSolid

What do I get playing slower ?

Why would I explore the 16 same maps over and over ?

Why searching for all mats when defense / mobile def are much, much, 100 times much more effective ?

Why collecting every credit for every container when there are nothing to use them for ?

nuf said

Actually, you support my own argument with your post:  by rushing you (general) burn though the content that much quicker and burn yourself out, thus shortening the lifespan of the game for you.  Those that 'rush to the top' every time new content/events come out, tend to whine about 'not having anything to do' soon after: I've seen this, every...single...time in all the MMOs I've played.  If they would just appreciate the journey, rather than trying to be 'first' all the time, the game would last much longer for them.  By having the current content last longer, it gives the devs more time to make more content.  But...that's a mentally that will always the present in games, thus there will always be the 'locusts' that gobble up new content post-haste and then cry for more 24 hrs later (if even that).

I've already supported your argument long ago about where rushing stems from. However, you seem to think rushers started rushing from Day 1. 

In my own experience, I started off like you. In closed beta, I took my time and explored what the game had to offer. However, that time ran short when I noticed that every map was the Corpus Ship with little variety in layout. A Sabotage mission on Mercury was the same as Pluto, just longer and the enemies just took more bullets to kill. The game's content, by design, follows the same exact formula just with number variants. This is the journey you spoke of.

Sure, new tile sets were added, new gear and Frames were added, etc. However, these additions still followed the exact formula the game started off with. The only truly fresh updates to the game was the addition of the Dojo... which quickly was met with hostility of how poorly it was implemented.

There are no quests.

There is no story.

Enemies and Bosses all follow the same tactics to disperse = Shoot it a lot or spam Ults

There are no other activities to do. No real PVP (duels are a joke and require a clan).

No raid bosses.

Events are just rehashed Point A-B-C objective markers.

Now, I understand the game is in beta (although that term is actually misused in today's industry) and development will, hopefully, come around. As a Founder (and therefore technically and investor), I am critical of the game itself because I don't see any real dramatic changes coming to the game itself. Most updates are new weapons that either grossly outshine a currently existing weapon or is just a complete waste of time. This new content you claim that we should take our time to get would take our time with ultimately only takes a day to truly explore (omitting crafting time in the Foundry).

That's not to say I expect it overnight either, I know it takes time. What I'm not seeing is the focus put to what the game really needs. It's like watching the Starbound daily updates. They work on musical instruments before putting in a tutorial quest and the first boss.

The difference being is that this game is currently available and trying to desperately market off what it currently has... which is minute. This is where rushers in Warframe are different from rushers in another MMO. In other MMOs, rushers are idiots trying to skip the content up to endgame, just to experience endgame. Rushers in Warframe are players trying to get past the stale, empty content just to collect Warframes, weapons, and mods and master them. That is the only real objective this game has at the moment.

I said this in other threads, but this game needs that HUGE Big Bang update to really capitalize on the potential it has. I, along with pretty much everyone else, would love to see it. Hence why we still support the game despite the glaring flaw it has. And with that update, you see a mass exodus of rushers now moving on to the explorer side.

I try not to rush through levels unless it's already agreed with the group unless it's with clan members. Though this weekend the whole CV events have been a rush none stop but this is what people are expecting due to the time sink needed otherwise.

I'm really disappointed with the game at present. I thought that I was a buying into a co-operative action game, but instead it turns out it's a futuristic racing game. The rewards structure is really the problem. Rare mats are way too scarce so people are forced to repeat the same dull objectives over and over again. It's kind of opened my eyes to how MMOs pad-out gameplay to keep people chasing a carrot. It's a shame because underneath the grinding there is a really amazing game to play.

I'm really disappointed with the game at present. I thought that I was a buying into a co-operative action game, but instead it turns out it's a futuristic racing game. The rewards structure is really the problem. Rare mats are way too scarce so people are forced to repeat the same dull objectives over and over again. It's kind of opened my eyes to how MMOs pad-out gameplay to keep people chasing a carrot. It's a shame because underneath the grinding there is a really amazing game to play.

Or you could learn to just slow down and not go berserk nuts fast?  No matter how they change the rewards people will want to rush them regardless and then they'll *@##$ about it.  Human nature, etc.

Has anyone considered that some people actually enjoy just moving around quickly and getting from objective to objective?  When I first started playing my favorite thing to do was throw rush on my loki and dodge around the map picking off guys.  I'd wager that I'm not the only one who was drawn into the game by that, especially since it's one of the selling points of the game (fast-paced action).

Has anyone considered that some people actually enjoy just moving around quickly and getting from objective to objective?  When I first started playing my favorite thing to do was throw rush on my loki and dodge around the map picking off guys.  I'd wager that I'm not the only one who was drawn into the game by that, especially since it's one of the selling points of the game (fast-paced action).

If you join a pug mission and they're taking it slow while you try rushing then you are a $&*^.

If you join a pug mission and they're rushing and you insist on taking it slow then you are a $&*^.

It's basically that simple.

Yeah, I'm not debating that fact, TOG, I'm simply answering the question that has been asked dozens of times in this thread:  Why rush?

Ah, well, why go slow?  Asking why other people do what they do to have fun is just silly and this entire thread needs to be flushed due to how derpy it is.  The only valid issue is people joining random games and acting like total cocks by rushing/going slow.

Edited by TOGSolid

I guess a more appropiate question is, why rush in the group game mode (online)?

Though by rushing I am more meaning running past and ignoring the content for only the goal, rather than just killing stuff and doing content while continiously on the move (I see that more as fast gameplay as you are still interacting with the content in the process).

I guess a more appropiate question is, why rush in the group game mode (online)?

Though by rushing I am more meaning running past and ignoring the content for only the goal, rather than just killing stuff and doing content while continiously on the move (I see that more as fast gameplay as you are still interacting with the content in the process).

This questions has been answered several times to which I ask you this:

What content? I want you to provide a varied list of content this game has to offer. Listing off each weapon and Warframe does not count as separate content and falls under the simple "Try new weapons/Warframes."

Rushing? Rushing is picking up Rhino with the Vanguard Helm+maxed sprint and some stamina mod. So you've got your Volt's speed buff, yelling into the mic "bye-bye, slow turds!" and finish you level less than 1 minutes, using counter-wall buggy jumps. Any other rushes are just silly tries to match for this. 

As you can see, DE is despertately rying to fight against rushers via adding elevators, duo-bypassing doors, alerts lockdowns, etc. And still it's not enough. 

This questions has been answered several times to which I ask you this:

What content? I want you to provide a varied list of content this game has to offer. Listing off each weapon and Warframe does not count as separate content and falls under the simple "Try new weapons/Warframes."

Actually the question "Why do you race in online mode, when it gains you nothing more than solo/private mode does?" has been completly avoided. 

Everything within the game is content, from the enemies you encounter to the weapons you use to the rooms you move about in.  Though specifically I'm talking about enemies, containers, loot, secrets and other players you interact with.

You've seen all that Warframe can offer within a couple of hours.  Why should you "enjoy" something that you've seen hundreds (literally) of times before? Petty credits and mats ain't gonna slow nobody; ain't no brick wall gonna block people; no rope to yank those ahead of you, no collar to those behind you to drag.  Be like water young one; stay still when in a bottle, move together when in a body of water.

Warframe is repetitive.

That is it's greatest flaw; greatest strength, and greatest downfall.

Let's put down this silly game of pointing fingers and blame the true culprit: Warframe: Ninjas farm for free.

Edited by Cestus

I can't enjoy looking for secret locations when I've two/three idiots rushing ahead. I'm guessing most don't even know about those.

As far as I know there are only worthwhile secret rooms in the void, to which you either need to be invited, or invite others to.

If you're invited, be thankful you got an invite.  If you invite, then you should be able to choose your partners and make sure they understand you're looking for secrets.  Either way, the statement you have offered is built on flawed logic.

Actually the question "Why do you race in online mode, when it gains you nothing more than solo/private mode does?" has been completly avoided. 

Because rushing with multiple people who can keep up is better than rushing alone.

Again, I see people arguing for no reason. Do what makes you happy and don't worry about what other people are doing. The counter to this is don't join other people's games and be a $&*^. If they aren't going at the pace you want then just leave. It's that simple. Live and let live. Some like going fast, others slow. It doesn't matter at all either way so long as people respect each other's mission flow.

This thread is on point. Rush all you'd like, I'm not going with you and when you hit that double person door, i'll wait a little longer just to &!$$ you off. :) RushersBeware

Again, I see people arguing for no reason. Do what makes you happy and don't worry about what other people are doing. The counter to this is don't join other people's games and be a $&*^. If they aren't going at the pace you want then just leave. It's that simple. Live and let live. Some like going fast, others slow. It doesn't matter at all either way so long as people respect each other's mission flow.

Man you have way too much faith in people. Rushers/Walkers would rather *@##$ and moan at each other than actually act rationally.