Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thrown Ferrox Selects Weapon to Equip Randomly

Xyngrr

When the Ferrox is thrown, the game does not default to last used weapon to switch to but instead randomly chooses one of the other weapons. Even when no melee weapon is present in the loadout, the game still chooses to stand there with no weapon instead of equipping the sidearm.

Wow, lotsa bugs with these patches, my topic got snowed under but thought I should update.

Looks like this is related to the other topic of status effects from infested units causing melee weapons to equip.If the Ferrox is in the air when the status hits, it equips the melee, making it look like it's the 'on thrown' logic, but it's not.

As for the underlying status bug -  I've had instances of my melee weapon visually equipping while still being able to fire my Atomos, but the beam comes from the muzzle of the now-on-my-hip atomos and still does damage until it runs out of ammo. then you can't reload. this has occurred with multiple weapons of all types, and has been triggered by flying mutalist gas clouds turning me green status and mutalist infectors with the yellow infection particle effects. in both cases, a quick melee attack resets the bug and you can reload normally. It's like an autoparry has been triggered - maybe this is related to the arcanes I'm using? one 20% toxin ignore and one 20% radiation ignore? will try running without them and seeing if it still crops up and reply back after.

Yep, it's the arcanes.

Arcane resistance ( the toxin one ) causes the player to 'block' when it ignores status from the Mutalist osprey cloud or Mutalist moa parasite mote cloud, which puts the melee weapons in hand and confuses the engine which weapons you're using. This prevents reloading, and a number of other things. A quick melee attack sorts it out, but it still should not happen like that. This was causing the ferrox issue - status interrupting the weapon switch to last weapon, and instead equipping the melee weapon, giving the appearance it was the swap code, not the actual status issue.

Wild guess - the arcanes use the same code as the warframe autoparry mod that causes the melee weps to come out and interrupt everything else, just changes the damage type it's ignoring.  And it causes the same problems too, possibly exacerbated by the enforced delays in action processing when weapon swapping. Making it impossible to short circuit client side, or revealing an old and unnoticed ( and so unresolved ) issue.