The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sign Here If You Use Nvidia Gtx Card And Crash All The Time

emptyP

Maybe if we get enough signatures, someone will devote more resources to this issue than ASH'S IDLE POSE.

I assure you that we are actively looking at all crashes as they arrive (regardless of GPU manufacturer). Unfortunately, yes, we are an independent studio and our resources are limited by the number of bodies that we have available. I have personally been testing some theories with my home PC's GTX680 as a way to possibly track down a few of these culprits. Many of these theories have been successful, some have not.

It should be noted that the individuals dealing with character animations are not the same ones investigating GPU crashes. That is an entirely different department altogether. Our programmers are doing everything they can to both maintain and improve on the overall Warframe experience. Whether it's by cleaning up old crashes or increasing framerate for anyone running the game on a low-performing machine. No one ever ignores the elephant in the room, and right now that elephant is performance.

If you happen to come across a crash and an "Evolution Engine has crashed" window appears then I highly recommend that you fill out the necessary information and post the WAR-#### either on the forums or in a support ticket. The more eyes we have on those things the better.
Edited by DE_Dmitri

Uncheck the 64bit option in the launcher and you good to go.

That and about 2 dozen other things haven't changed anything yet. Tried all kinds of drivers, options. Checked temperatures, did a memory check, did a virus scan. Game simply refuses to work on my computer.

GTX 650 Ti - It was crashing all the time. I ended up doing the following and got it to work for several days: Borderless Fullscreen, Disable DX11, Disable PhysX, Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Seems like everytime the game crashes and I verify the game cache, theres atleast 140 files that need to be replaced. Today was my first and second crash since I've done all this. Some games dont like it when you Alt+Tab during fullscreen. Maybe that added to the issue? I'm verifying cache  again to see if it helps.

That and about 2 dozen other things haven't changed anything yet. Tried all kinds of drivers, options. Checked temperatures, did a memory check, did a virus scan. Game simply refuses to work on my computer.

Have you try re-installing Windows.

It's a Vietnamese's guaranteed solution.

Also just to note, now when I crash I can still hear everything and apparently control my character. It's pretty odd. I can push all the buttons and hear myself using abilities and shooting but my PC shows no instance of the game open. I just see my desktop. Maybe it has to do with the last fix for this? Seems like its attempting to reset drivers?

Also just to note, now when I crash I can still hear everything and apparently control my character. It's pretty odd. I can push all the buttons and hear myself using abilities and shooting but my PC shows no instance of the game open. I just see my desktop. Maybe it has to do with the last fix for this? Seems like its attempting to reset drivers?

Yeah that's how mine crashes.

It should be noted that the individuals dealing with character animations are not the same ones investigating GPU crashes.

Yeah, I was just being snarky because the wave 24 crashes are driving me bat$#17 crazy.

*snip*

I haven't tried borderless fullscreen, or disabling dx11--I'll have to try those today!

GTX 9800m SLI 2gb VRam

I crash at least several times a day.  A few updates ago I was fine and had all settings maxxed for the most part and the game ran SOOO smooth with no crashes or nones that I can recall.  Now with the latest updates, I crash mid-game even if I have not been playing long.  I am running the 64bit version of the client, so its been a known issue with this as well,.  I must add that even with the 32bit version of the game I still crash out as well, albeit not as much as the 64bit.  Its a constant battle trying out the the latest drivers, un-installing rolling back, and testing some more to see if it helps, but my gut tells me its a mix of both drivers and optimization for nVidia cards in the game.  I have faith the problems will get resolved, so I will continue to wait in patience.  Thats how much I love this game.  :)

Listen SLI or multi gpu mode is horrible in this game, i have to this day never been able to 2 missions in a row without the game crashing.

I use the GTX 590 which fortunately is able to run all maxed on just one gpu.

Devs tried to say it was Physx but physx works perfectly, game will still crash with multi gpu mode turned on, it doesnt matter if you have physx on or off.

I have the latest drivers from nvidia, i have the latest of everything i can think of.

if i turn off multi-gpu mode in the nvidia setting I NEVER crash, not once, multi gpu mode on never works.

So DE fix the SLI, I understand your issues, but not being able to run multi-gpu mode in a game being released 2013 is not acceptable.

*edit*

In the 313.96 Jan 29 2013 release of nvidia drivers they added the following.

• NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
    • Crysis 3 – updated SLI profile Warframe– updated SLI profile DmC: Devil May Cry– added SLI profile

i continiously play 20 other games like (STO, POE, Firefall, Tera, Hitman, Batman etc etc and so on) where this is never an issue.

So my love for this game compels me to try to figure out what is wrong, so what in the engine doesnt like SLI (multi gpu) or is there an error in the profile from nVidia?

Edited by gala72

Can anyone post the best stable drivers they have found to work?  Its driving me nuts that every other game I keep crashing out.  My card's are hardwired to one board so I can't remove them. I really don't want to disable anything as my performance will suffer no doubt.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Gtx 560 Ti and never crashes either.

(Unless MSI Afterburner doesn't load at start, cause my card has some memory stability problems. I have to downclock the memory by like 10-20 Mhz and it's perfectly stable. It's factory overclocked but the memory can't handle the OC speeds)