Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nova Systems Myth.

MeteorKing

Keep trying man.I farmed raptor from morning to night trying to see whether he drops any resources at all.The blueprints i would get are just secondary

Guess what?I got all of dem blueprints from all that farming but 0 resources

After many, many runs I was just wondering if the Nova Systems do actually still drop from Raptor or if I should try farming another boss...

tEecx75.jpg

35 Chassis and 7 Helmets (used one), but no systems.  ¿QUE?

I got all 3 parts in 5 runs. RNG is RNG. Sacrifice goats to the RNG gods, or sacrifice your time.

I got all 3 parts in 5 runs. RNG is RNG. Sacrifice goats to the RNG gods, or sacrifice your time.

Your among a small group who are seeing normal drop rates. For about 90% (personal estimation) of the rest of the playerbase, drop rates are horribly broken since the hotfix.

Surely someone out there has been on another side of the RNG plane where they have large quantities of systems and one of the other two pieces but lack the third.

Doubt it.  The most likely situation is that the rates have been altered, perhaps unintentionally, and what most people are seeing is a direct result of that change.  You, more likely than not, got lucky and recieved systems.  RNG sucks, but there's a difference between RNG and flat out statistical improbabilities.

Current count:  46, 12, 0.

Edited by MeteorKing

this happent to me with ember i had acumlaited 115 chassis 47 helms before i got my systems keep at it theyl drop eventually also look at a bright side i am set for life on orikin cells

Better start slaughtering some lambs for the RNG gods. If that doesn't work, move up to goats or maybe cattle if you're really desperate

another post that will say stuff about RNG, FYI. 

after many runs during when Raptor was broken with clannies that wanted Nova, i had a Helmet and Chassis. 

sometime during the XP weekend, i decided i should make a Nova for the Mastery, atleast. since i had two parts already.

i grabbed Frost Prime to be safe, and fought Raptor once. waddya know, Nova Systems.

easy-button1.jpg

so definitely still drops, haha . not the most recent experience, but still relatively recent.

i've also got probably 30-40 Ember helmets / Chassis, and 10 or 12 Systems. 

and i've sold full sets of Banshee parts for credits 5 or 6 times. (i even posted images of me doing it in region chat once or twice to be evil, i couldn't resist).

etc.

Edited by taiiat

I like how people say "thats rng for you." The problem with rng has always been that there will be people who get lucky and get their items fast, a majority that get their items in a moderate amount of time, and another minority that never gets their items in a reasonable amount of time. The solution to rng problems is to introduce a token system that will guarantee that everyone will get their items in the same amount of time with the same amount of effort.

I like how people say "thats rng for you." The problem with rng has always been that there will be people who get lucky and get their items fast, a majority that get their items in a moderate amount of time, and another minority that never gets their items in a reasonable amount of time. The solution to rng problems is to introduce a token system that will guarantee that everyone will get their items in the same amount of time with the same amount of effort.

Meh, I'd be happy if they just let me trade in 5/10/20/whatever of one bp/item for 1 of another bp/item for the same frame/weapon.

I had pretty good luck with this. I got it in my first few runs, and the other parts in 10 or so more. I'd say I got all the BPs in under 15 runs.

Definitely better than a few months ago when I was farming Kril for Frost (~70 times).