Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new elemental/effects decoration in dojos

---RV---Maniac

I'm gona talk about the issues I got with the new elemental and effects that got added as new decoration types.

I like these new additions, honestly prefer them over the reskined corpus/grineer objects we got but I got 2 major issues

1- Lack of resizing option - They are too small at times and they don't have a resize option like all the other objects, I know they are diferent compared to other objects but the static effect specially, is way too small, considering that each costs 20 capacity, 

2- They cost a lot of capacity, as mentioned above, other things close to the same size cost between 1 to 3 capacity, combine that with their lack of size or effect, you gona be throwing multiple of the same type to get the effect your looking for, while wasting loads of capacity. Even with the recent capacity increase, it's still significant considering each costs you 20 capacity.

I got some images to show how small they can be, the static effect seems to be the worse for me

Fire

Spoiler

IJTqjxJ.png

Fog

Spoiler

yoHlqTQ.png

Static

Spoiler

bjfqpZz.png

They lack resizing because resizing an FX isnt always a good thing to do. it can break the effect or look terrible when scaled up due to the texture being designed for that size. The capacity is that way because FX are taxing on systems and DE doesn't want people being those guys and filling rooms with FX points and dragging trade partners into the dojos and into their lag city. Scaling and capacity are as they are intentionally.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

6 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

They lack resizing because resizing an FX isnt always a good thing to do. it can break the effect or look terrible when scaled up due to the texture being designed for that size. The capacity is that way because FX are taxing on systems and DE doesn't want people being those guys and filling rooms with FX points and dragging trade partners into the dojos and into their lag city. Scaling and capacity are as they are intentionally.

Fair enough, but that just means that they are hard to notice and can't be used multiples to make up for it. The static one is specially bad compared to the other ones.

The lack of directional changes would also be a complaint i would have they all have one static direction they can be placed. therefore, i couldnt have fog going up a wall, or fire coming out of a dragon turtles mouth. or out of a dragon's mouth. sad days ahead.

Does Fog even works ?All of them: Dust,Fire,Electicity and Steam are working just fine but Fog isn't showing any effect whatsoever.I triple checked that.May be my graphic settings but if everything else is showing ok...

3 hours ago, xUndefined said:

The lack of directional changes would also be a complaint i would have they all have one static direction they can be placed. therefore, i couldnt have fog going up a wall, or fire coming out of a dragon turtles mouth. or out of a dragon's mouth. sad days ahead.

IKR.I tryed putting some fire on my dragon too.Custom direction is the thing this effects lack the most.

1 minute ago, RistN said:

Does Fog even works ?All of them: Dust,Fire,Electicity and Steam are working just fine but Fog isn't showing any effect whatsoever.I triple checked that.May be my graphic settings but if everything else is showing ok...

You can see the fog, in my pic. But ye, it's hard to notice

2 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

You can see the fog, in my pic. But ye, it's hard to notice

Yes, I've seen it on youre screenshot but I have 3 of them built and nothing is showing at all,not one particle.As I said it may be my settings or it is some sort of bug.