Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ship/ Terrain/ Environment Suggestion

The7thGuardian

So... there is already the galleon ship, corpus ship, grineer ship and outposts and settlements, but there hasn't any Infested ship or terrain.

So I'm suggesting 100% infested design, with environments that can infest and can kill you, birth places of the Infested and their rooms, the Infested Structure and the environment, making it more like it and creepy.

There should also be secret rooms of course (I bet everyone knows that) in the Infested environments.

I'm not sure infested even have their own environments. Although a tileset which has the other tilesets almost completely taken over by biological growth making the level feel like wandering around inside some giant beasts digestive system would be both disgusting and fun.

Edited by REDACTED

I'm not sure infested even have their own environments. Although a tileset which has the other tilesets almost completely taken over by biological growth making the level feel like wandering around inside some giant beasts digestive system would be both disgusting and fun.

I'd like to see the art team actually make 'derelicts' derelict. Right now they just throw in a few patches of infested globs and webbing, change the lighting, and call it 'infested'. They did say they were not going to create any unique vessels for the infested, so... I can only expect them to modify tilesets further for infestations. An infested hive tile would be neat.

I like the idea however DE already stated in one of livestreams that Infested are supposed to (nomen omen) infest things (that's why they won't be birth places although I hope for some chambers with half-transformed Corpus and Grineer) thus they won't get their own vessel. Some heavily infested environment is possible however it still would be based on pre-existing architecture.

Take the existing ship tile-set geometry, and half the work is done.

Add some derelict versions of existing textures, and tweak some corridors and rooms to be completely grown over (think the Alien films).

Disable most of the lights and electronics, replace the doors with breakable alien goop, and you are done.

You'd be able to recognise the room layouts, but they should look very different.

Surely much less work than designing a new tile-set from scratch.

I'm amazed they have not done it yet to be honest.

Finally "millennia old Orokin turned infested ship" we have all heard it, but they look like they were infested a few weeks ago (forget the obvious issue with "Orokin", that's another thread entirely!).

Edited by Egg_Chen