Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rise rare drop rates when stealth haking on spy missions

Svadac

Hi everyone!

I'd like to make a suggestion for spy missions. I've been trying a couple times to gather Harrow's parts and finally get to build it. It will fall to RNG and I'm quite aware of that and I understand why it has to be so "hard" to get (just have to be persistent), and well, just going with Ivara and other stealth warframes can make it as simple as just walking.

However, there's no extra reward for stealthy hacks except if you're leveling up a warframe/weapon or gathering focus (still, who actually goes to a spy mission for that?). That's why I'd like to suggest to create separate drop tables for A/B/C rotations, having better drops or probabilities when the vault was succesfully hacked without being detected. I think this could be more rewarding than just getting some extra affinity that might fall out for nothing. Even if it just increases the probabilities to get that little something you want from 10% to 15%, it will be a fairly enough extra reward for not being detected that everyone will be happy with. I just think that doing it well all the way should be better rewarded than screwing it up and saving the day (despite it could become almost impossible when you're only given 25 secs to save the day).

Just a small thought I had on this and I wanted to share it with everyone.

You can't just rise the drop rates, because there's a list of items and 100% chance for all of them. So by rising chance for something other item's chance will be reduced and who'll decide which rewards should lose their chances?

Also you need only 1 Harrow's part drop to be satisfied and every same drop in the future will be worth few credits only. The same goes for Ivara: if you rise the chances of obtaining her parts, players will do less spy missions.

By the way, people who can't deal with the farm buy these frames for plat and why would DE cut their own income?

En 19/3/2018 a las 8:58, Syasob dijo:

You can't just rise the drop rates, because there's a list of items and 100% chance for all of them. So by rising chance for something other item's chance will be reduced and who'll decide which rewards should lose their chances?

Also you need only 1 Harrow's part drop to be satisfied and every same drop in the future will be worth few credits only. The same goes for Ivara: if you rise the chances of obtaining her parts, players will do less spy missions.

By the way, people who can't deal with the farm buy these frames for plat and why would DE cut their own income?

Maybe a new set of mods focused on stealth and/or already existing ones could be moved to be part of the spy missions drop tables, raising chances for obtaining Ivara/Harrow parts or one of these mods instead of anything else on the table. Also, Credit/Endo cashes could be doubled when hacking without alarms. And if it where to be a stealth focused focus school, their lenses could be achievd this way too instead of just going to bounties.

If not any of that, an addtional drop table could be created for when all vaults where opened without triggering any alarms on data vaults.

I don't pretend for spy missions to be done less frecuently, but they are missing some end-game motivation for people to go there. They are not as good spots for leveling weapons or farming resources like defense or survival missions are, and once you get all you wanted from them, only alerts or events could motivate players to go there. Maybe.... 

What about restructuring the whole spy rewards system? A new placement could be adressed where an Intelligence Merchant would buy any data we retrieve from Spy missions. It could work like a Syndicate, and stealth focused rewards could be exchanged for reputation in addition to Ivara and some exclusive skins, weapons, mods and other stuff (probably Shade too). Of course, damaged data due to alarms getting triggered would be less valuable than those who were gathered without triggering alarms.