Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About hybrid/transforming weapons

Densoro

...which currently only includes the Dark Split-Sword, but.

This has probably come up already, but...Right now, we can only transform the weapon in-between missions, by changing our loadout, right? If we're gonna go through all that, we could just as easily switch out a dedicated dual-sword for a dedicated heavy sword. The transformation gimmick would only really make a difference if you could transform on the fly. Would it be possible to map such a transformation to the Reload and/or Interact button while you have your melee weapon out? We're not using those buttons anyway, right?

I've thought of a couple of ways it could work: 1) Reloading your Split-Sword could switch between different configs. You could have a heavy blade stance in config A and a dual-wield stance in config B etc.
2) Hybrid-class weapons could have two stance slots, and a limit of one stance for each weapon class. Only the first stance boosts mod capacity; the second stance slot has an x0 modifier, and only serves to change your attack options.

Would this be feasible/worth looking at?

I had thought briefly about throwing daggers that when you hold to go to your melee weapon convert to double daggers.... You build them how ever you like for both slots... You can equip them as a thrown weapon and a different melee, or a melee and a different secondary, but if you equip them in both the secondary and melee slots they have a chance of combing stats in some way... This could be intersting especially because right now thrown weapons are in a really, really weak position...

49 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

That was the original plan for the Dark split sword but technical limitations hit them. A system like this isn't worth the time/resources to develop when compared to larger features like Venus Open world or Onslaught

Aha, fair xD I just found out about dual-wielding your Glaive-class weapons +1hand secondary, so I thought something like this might be closer at hand. Thanks for catching me up~