The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto Group Search

Pitiful

Hi DE,

With the increasing number of player and relics filling LFG chat it might be time to implement a looking for group system.
This system should allow you to select multiple mission types if you fulfill the the entry requirements. 

-you should be able to search many missions at once and it will just join you to the first available squad if 4 members are found, this could include any mission type in the game not just relics.

-if it is a relic mission, you should only be allowed to search the mission of specific relic strength if you have that relic in your inventory. i.e if you have radiant Axi A1 you can tick to search for squads that are also searching for Axi A1 Radiant. This will eliminate the need of spamming LFG [axi a1 relic] radshare in chat and scrolling through the lists of spams to find what you are looking for. People log onto warframe to Play warframe not sift through chat and spend time looking for groups (a machine can do this tedious job for you).

-the squad leader will be chosen after all 4 members are found with appropriate ping and the best host will be selected then the squad will be formed.

I know you guys can probably come up with something better than this, but a search system including similar things to the above would be amazing.

I believe this would be a huge quality of life improvement to the game. Players from all stages of the game benefit (new to vet). Less populated servers benefit as they can find other party's more easily and more populated servers benefit because the no longer need to search through the spam for what they need.

Sincerely,
Loyal Member of the Design Council

I was always a firm believer in robust matchmakers; in multiplayer games, finding ways to group people up is kind of one of the most important things, because generally speaking it's other players that tend to make people stick around and enjoy the same old content better.

I think the core of a matchmaker needs to consider the Motivation of the player, as much as players might want specific keys, there might be other motivations like simply wanting to farm resources, level equipment, look for kuria or simply just chill and shoot stuff.
If people are able to quickly select a few preset Motivations, along the lines of "Wanting to play for a long time" or "I am bored, will do anything", "Experimenting" "Looking for Medallions" "Farming Rep"; you could quickly pair up like-minded people with none of the fuss of recruiting.

One of things I use to do pretty much constantly back before the new starchart was just dive into Apollodorus with whatever equipment, being a level 1-5 Grineer Survival node it was incredibly low stress where you often encountered either newbies making their way through the starchart or people looking to rank up equipment without using the boring meta of Draco back then.
I wasn't really even interested in ranking stuff up, it was mostly an excuse to jump into a random party and just chill out with people, chat about stuff and shoot things, before it slowly ramps up in the 20-30min mark and you're fighting like mad with unleveled/unmodded equipment trying to stay alive.  Those were pretty much the golden days in my opinion, and then the new starchart changed everything and I haven't found another node like it.
I'd just love to be able to press a button and be catapulted into a low stress endless mission with a bunch of randoms and see how far we get each time with the silliest equipment.

I'm against a matchmaking syste for the same reason i dislike the idea of an auctionhouse.

Warframe is one of the very few games, which still require communication between players.

However, I'd like to see the same filter function as in the trade chat.

This way,

- DE does not need to implement a new menu, making it very economical

-DE does not have to constantly update the menu with new relics

-Players can filter for more than one relic at once

-It whould not take away from the social aspect of Warframe

Social aspect is important and all, but forcing people to communicate when it's not altogether necessary and technically less efficient...

I mean how many people play this game?  Could you imagine even a hundredth or a thousandth of that number spamming region or recruiting chat, trying to sift through all that information looking for the group you wanted?
Or if the kind of people you're looking for is even paying attention to the chat at the time.

Or the fact there are people in the world who aren't fond of communication or leading a party, whether it be because of effort required or anxiety or whatnot, they're effectively being denied a multiplayer experience unless they're forcibly ousted from their comfort zone when it's not necessary.

I'd honestly like to know how many people avoid grouping up and for what reasons.  Because I bet there are tonnes of people out there all too happy to join parties, and all too quick to avoid hosting/starting them.