Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instruction Manual

Davante

We need an intstruction manual on the website. Most of us, who have been playing for weeks or months, are good. But I play with some new players who clearly don't understand how parts of the game work, let alone basics like how to crouch. I think the website needs a better way of instructing new players about the various game mechanics ingame and on the website. We players can tell them the best ways of doing this or that, but alot of this game can be daunting for new players.

The keybindings are just letters, no need to explain WSAD JUMP CROUCH SPRINT ROLL in a tutorial as this wont be the first FPS TPS the new guys played. It always feels awkward to do these types of tutorials...

Its the other stuff, "words" if you will, that needs some clarification.

Backflip, Slide Dash, Jump Strike, Sliding (its in a screen tip), Wallwalking, ... not only how to perform these (hard enuff) but also where you can use them, what they mean in context with the whole game and so on.

At the moment in almost every mission questions pop up like "how did you do that", ill explain them and see them perform those moves, "lol didnt know that!" players that spend 50+ hours didnt know slide dash and only knew Wallwalk from the patchnotes.

After all I dont see that many people do any wallwalks at all, only at the extraction point when i start to fly my "holding pattern" they join in and fool around.

It is a problem we are fixing in the forums, but again only a fraction of the playerbase is active in the forum and reads the stuff we put together.

IMO a (optional) multistage mobility tutorial (Like the virtual reality training levels for Metal Gear Solid if you remember that game) would help a great deal, could be coop so more experienced players can aid their freshmeat friends, maybe unlocking some achievements in the process...

You really need to know your controls and the enviroment to peform all those moves in a fluent manner, and in my opinion those moves are the spice of this game, what sets it apart from everything else.