Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{UPDATED} DE, please stop FORCING players into the Plains! There is around 300missions in the game, STOP FOCUSING ON ONE! It's boring, it's repetetive and I'm tired of having the Plains shoved down my throat!

(PSN)vektorwithak

UPDATE(all in bold for readability, original post is left untouched):

Some specific examples of what I am talking about that came up during the discussion.

* Ghouls Event: Though they need to burst from their burrowed sleeping bags ^_^ , there are plenty of tilesets such as Earth forests, Mars Arid and Grineer Shipyards that all offer appropriate ways to introduce these units. Hell, they could have easily been spread across all of them as well as PoE, perhaps in different times as a larger event and to break up the monotony of all this Plains focused content, but that is not what happened.

* Plaguestar: imagine if any mission you went into during the event had a chance to have an infested comet storm drop and change the mission type to a crossfire or something way more interesting while having the main event on the Plains?

* Unvulted Relics: this ones  an obvious one... I think the concept of having a focused farm for them on the Plains isn't actually a bad idea, but the fact they are removed from the rest of the games main relic sources(not including syndicates), they could have easily been used as Alert rewards as well as being sprinkled into other missions even if the drop chance were not super common. Perhaps have them in Spies and Sabotage vaults? Perhaps put them in the Orokin Vaults on the Derelict to give players a reason to return there besides the usual Corrupted mod grind and it has a cool theme with the whole unvaulting, uncovering something lost from the past.

These are just brainstorming from one random guy on the internet, I'm sure DEs teams could flesh such ideas out into much cooler concepts, but alas, Stick it all on the Plains and call it a day!

I've been playing WF on and off since it's earliest PC betas. Though periods played vary I always come back to play the new content, sometimes for longer than others. The past year I and a half since I got on PS4 I have definitely played a lot more of the game, regular updates + previous content and helping newer players kept me busy.

But after several months of PLAINS PLAINS PLAINS PLAINS PLAINS updates I'm getting tired of this game. I like many players did not start playing this game for this new open world trend bandwagon DE have jumped on. I don't enjoy running around or flying around for minutes in between combat in a sparsely populated environment. The Plains is a cool idea, it would make a great game on it's own but I'm tired of seeing the main game mode and gameplay type being thrown out the window for the sake of fishing, killing giant bosses so that I can kill giant bosses easier and mining. This game has been flipped from a fast paced action game to a minecraft like, walk around and not engage in combat MMO flop. The resource gathering gets old fast and the requirements on these mats for recipes forces hours of playtime in the Plains doing monotonous activities that are not part of the appeal to WF.

Now you continue to force us into the Plains even more with Rivens and the recent unvaulting LOCKING relics to the Plains and Syndicate packs.

I'm getting tired of this game, I'm tired of the Plains, I'm tired of seeing every single update bring more content to just the plains when there is 300+ other missions in the game being completely ignored along with the main draw to the game.

Some of us don't want to play this new game mode experiment that is an attempt to appeal to younger crowds who want to walk around and explore, kids who grew up on Minecraft and other openworld game. This is a musou game, where combat is fast and powerful with interesting weapons and frames.

The focus on Operators and the Plains has been nothing but an exercise in how much crap can you cram into a game while avoiding it being meaningless. Operators are complete garbage with the focus system being reworked multiple times and still being a joke. But if you do want to gear your operator WELCOME TO THE PLAINS! Better get used to being here because you'll be spending a few hundred hours here doing the same damn thing over and over again.

The final straw was seeing all my recent Rivens forcing me to go onto the Plains to unlock them and the unvaulted relics being unfarmable outside of Cetus and it's awful mission system.

Screw the Plains, Screw open world in WF. It's not what grew the game to where it is today and focusing on it is spitting in the face of what made WF so successful.

Endrant. Now tell me how wrong I am and that the Plains is amazing and you love spending the majority of your game time in less than 1% of the games missions because that's what DE want, to show off their new baby.

Edited by (PS4)vektorwithak
Update

Well they spent upwards of a year of priority development time on the Plains, don't expect them to just drop that because some people don't like it. The Riven challenges aren't exactly the most time-consuming thing in the game, and DE has recognised that the Relics were a bad idea and won't do it again. Other than that, it's not like the Plains are the centre of the game. 95% of content can be done off the Plains, and the stuff that you do need from the Plains exclusively (Arcanes, Amps, Zaws) can be effectively ignored if you don't care about them and aren't obsessed with Mastery Rank.

As for the commonly-cited claim that PoE is just for newbies, that's pretty much provably false with Eidolons. As of now, the hardest two pieces of content in the game are probably Sorties and Tridolon farming. Find me a single Tridolon hunting strategy that doesn't use multiforma'd, perfected Warframe builds that a new player simply couldn't have (a perfect Chroma requires a lot of work, and Corrupted mods at all require probably a mid-game level of completion at least). Eidolons right now are endgame. Even outside of Eidolons, Bounties can be as high as level 50-60, which certainly takes work to be able to achieve. You can't really hope to survive in 50-60 without at least a catalysted weapon, if not a high-tier weapon.

In any case, PoE is soon to be trumped by Plains of Venus, so expect an overall shift of content focus to that area. Most likely, it will be a lot more polished thanks to DE's experience creating PoE. I don't particularly care for the Plains anymore, and in the last 2 months or so I've only gone down there to fish, occasionally do a Bounty if I feel like it (not often), or hunt Eidolons when my friends are online. I haven't NEEDED to go down there in ages.

8 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Maybe try... Not playing? If you're not enjoying it?

Sigh...tell him if there is really any other content that came that didn't involve the plains so heavily, Trials have been removed so eidilons are made.

There is just so much to do, or made to do on the plains, don't just tell him that if you don't like it, don't play it, this isn't the issue. What is the issue is the real content that has been delivered, and where and how. We do bounties almost everyday now, focused on one map. All new content or rather real content other than skins is basically only the plains. The only true exception is Zephyr Prime, but that's standard. 

Why do anything else when the Plains is the most beneficial?

I don't exactly agree with the OP's statement entirely, but I can see why this can become annoying after a while.

Why do we have specific relics restricted to a single map? Why are rivens having the possibility to be restricted to one map? Why are eidilons the only Raid style mission type?

Why should I play another mission due to the materials on the plains being the only one's there are.

@YUNoJump

makes a good point about the focus, and the reasoning why they won't change it just like that.

Even though I think it's based on tennocon.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more information

7 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Maybe try... Not playing? If you're not enjoying it?

So enjoying the other 99% of the game is not enough, I have to enjoy the Plains too and if I don't I'm not allowed to try and discuss the problem with the recent trend of this games development?

If you enjoy something you should be able to talk about when it changes in a way you don't like and be able to articulate why.

I don't know how to respond to this. Not because I disagree but I guess because there are many vantage points anyone can have here.

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I'm getting the same irritation with the Kuva Fortress not having Kuva to every mission, as that tileset is incredible (at least in my opinion) yet it has no reason to go there. The void had it's sacred meaning torn from it with relics (relics were a plus and minus in many ways, but damn I miss the old void for nostalgic purposes and the fact that it was endgame), and other places that just need to be retouched and have meaning.

On the other hand, this content could be in preparation to new content that we could be getting SOON(TM) (That is a rant for another day, cause that could have it's own sub-form in all honesty), and it does tie well into lore purposes. For someone like me who loves to sit down and dissect lore, that's a plus. However not everyone is like that when it comes to a fast paced game such as Warframe and that's fine and understandable.

The problem is they do not balance old and new content. You're right, focus 2.0 and operator buffs only helped with Eidolons and if you really invest time into it, mild improvements to endurance runs if you're min maxing or for Kuva farming, but that's it. Outside of looking good and being cool lore wise, operators still have a lot they can bring that they are missing, such as "bursts" of incredibly powerful void abilities that can decimate even the strongest of enemies, which I would love to see, but again that's just theory floating around.

As for PoE, I agree and disagree. Yes, PoE was lackluster as a first open world. It is small, we memorize almost every detail of it now (too quick for something they hyped up a lot), and something that I feel was made to entertain the crowds but did not answer the question of "so what now" once you collect your few trinkets in Cetus, such as Zaws, fish trophies, maybe come pet cosmetics, etc. My hope is that Venus covers these flaws, and so far they are doing better on it than PoE (yet we won't know anything till the release, I'd say late 2018 into 2019 knowing DE). They need to tie ALL of they game play creations and give it a reason to exist, sorties can slightly mitigate these and raids were a solution outside of their repetitive and rather annoying nature to most, but the focus of building all of our things to be the best is useless if we have nothing to do that requires us to put effort into maxing a weapon or warframe, which is why I really believe that DE needs to fix this if they want to keep players captivated to the beauty that is Warframe.

This isn't to agree or disagree with anyone, rather a realistic view based off of my experience playing for 4 years now to hopefully see changes with this game keep up with the increasing cracks and problems that more content brings in, which is a purpose for it in the grand scheme of progression of Warframe. What you brought up made me think of why I play the game, and kinda made me realize this game doesn't have that much progression once Quests are finished. You aren't required to get everything, nor will you fail if you don't have everything choked full of Formas and Orokin upgrades. 

TL;DR, Warframe needs a point to keep going, and you're right with the plains just being another content sink that keeps the attention for only so long when they can do so much more with everywhere else in the game, or even expand the purpose of some missions to greater lengths. Only problem is how can this be done, because it would have to be progression that appeals to a high majority of the playerbase.

4 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Well they spent upwards of a year of priority development time on the Plains, don't expect them to just drop that because some people don't like it. The Riven challenges aren't exactly the most time-consuming thing in the game, and DE has recognised that the Relics were a bad idea and won't do it again. Other than that, it's not like the Plains are the centre of the game. 95% of content can be done off the Plains, and the stuff that you do need from the Plains exclusively (Arcanes, Amps, Zaws) can be effectively ignored if you don't care about them and aren't obsessed with Mastery Rank.

As for the commonly-cited claim that PoE is just for newbies, that's pretty much provably false with Eidolons. As of now, the hardest two pieces of content in the game are probably Sorties and Tridolon farming. Find me a single Tridolon hunting strategy that doesn't use multiforma'd, perfected Warframe builds that a new player simply couldn't have (a perfect Chroma requires a lot of work, and Corrupted mods at all require probably a mid-game level of completion at least). Eidolons right now are endgame. Even outside of Eidolons, Bounties can be as high as level 50-60, which certainly takes work to be able to achieve. You can't really hope to survive in 50-60 without at least a catalysted weapon, if not a high-tier weapon.

In any case, PoE is soon to be trumped by Plains of Venus, so expect an overall shift of content focus to that area. Most likely, it will be a lot more polished thanks to DE's experience creating PoE. I don't particularly care for the Plains anymore, and in the last 2 months or so I've only gone down there to fish, occasionally do a Bounty if I feel like it (not often), or hunt Eidolons when my friends are online. I haven't NEEDED to go down there in ages.

You say I don't NEED to go there but content is locked away there, not just a little bit of content, but entire parts of gameplay are locked to one mission. Want an operator? Plains! Want to try your hand at the new crafted weapons system(which is actually one of the best recent additions)? PLAINS! Want to test your self on harder boss fight content? PLAINS! Want to get your hands on the unvaulted and otherwise unable to obtain prime parts outside of expensive trades? PLAINS! How about other new mods such as the Mod Sets? PLAINS!

PLAINS PLAINS PLAINS PLAINS! MARSHIA MARSHIA MARSHIA!

You can say what you want but you are forced to go there or you are passing up the majority of the past several months of content. Seems rather forceful to me no matter what way you want to look at it.

When DE made the plains, they had an idea for something unique. A level which would be the same every mission, wide open for long-range gameplay, and integrally connected to a hub, among many other things. Many things were in the ideas for the plains which would be unprecedented, and the strategic considerations behind interesting combat on such a map would be considerably different as well, hence the major differences between fighting tusk Grineer versus any other Grineer. As with any such project, however, if the implementation is anything less than stellar, every single idea in that package deal will be sealed off from them to try again, as the players would simply complain about any attempt to implement anything similar. Thus, if they were going to make the plains at all, they'd have to dedicate much of the studio to making certain they got it right first try (excluding any balance fixes released soon after). Now, they're coming around to wrapping up most of the plains content, so they can move on to other parts of the game. As far as plains content, they just have the Grineer tank recurring event and the flying eidolon before they've finished their work with the plains. Now, before you try to claim this changes nothing, because DE will just move on to the Venus open landscape, you cannot have a Grineer landscape and not have a Corpus landscape. They are the other major faction, after all. All in all, we've had so much plains content because DE wasn't finished yet, and they don't have a big enough team to get it all done quickly. Add to that, since it's intended to be an area which "grows" with you over time in your Warframe career, it has to have a large amount of content in it. Thus, it took a long time for them to add everything plains-related to the game.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

You can say what you want but you are forced to go there or you are passing up the majority of the past several months of content. Seems rather forceful to me no matter what way you want to look at it.

So they should have left it an unfinished mess just so you could have another gun or a different Grineer to vaporize? Everything on the plains right now was planned since before development on it completed, including the move of the arcanes. Plains are a huge new section of the game and needed a proportionately huge foundation to be made for it, and that takes time. They have nearly if not fully finished their plans for the plains, which means they can move on to splitting the focus of the team between Venus and other content, because they don't need to reinvent the foundation of the plains to do Venus. If you are tired of things, take a break. Come back when it is not as large of a focus. Exploding like a child throwing a tantrum on the forums does nothing towards your grievances. Plenty of people with the same amount of time or experience with the game are either taking a break themselves or are dealing with it by finding things to do in the game outside of the plains.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

You say I don't NEED to go there but content is locked away there, not just a little bit of content, but entire parts of gameplay are locked to one mission. Want an operator? Plains! Want to try your hand at the new crafted weapons system(which is actually one of the best recent additions)? PLAINS! Want to test your self on harder boss fight content? PLAINS! Want to get your hands on the unvaulted and otherwise unable to obtain prime parts outside of expensive trades? PLAINS! How about other new mods such as the Mod Sets? PLAINS!

It is important to note much of these are because they were from the plains in the first place. In order of stated: the eidolons' presence mandated this be the end-game zone for operators, the zaws are the initial reason for anyone to come to the plains in the first place, the aforementioned eidolons are the hardest bosses in the game, bounties were the easiest insertion to targetedly farm the vaulted relics outside of giving them their own unique mission, and the mod sets were also brand-new with the plains.

1 minute ago, deinonychus1 said:

When DE made the plains, they had an idea for something unique. A level which would be the same every mission, wide open for long-range gameplay, and integrally connected to a hub, among many other things. Many things were in the ideas for the plains which would be unprecedented, and the strategic considerations behind interesting combat on such a map would be considerably different as well, hence the major differences between fighting tusk Grineer versus any other Grineer. As with any such project, however, if the implementation is anything less than stellar, every single idea in that package deal will be sealed off from them to try again, as the players would simply complain about any attempt to implement anything similar. Thus, if they were going to make the plains at all, they'd have to dedicate much of the studio to making certain they got it right first try (excluding any balance fixes released soon after). Now, they're coming around to wrapping up most of the plains content, so they can move on to other parts of the game. As far as plains content, they just have the Grineer tank recurring event and the flying eidolon before they've finished their work with the plains. Now, before you try to claim this changes nothing, because DE will just move on to the Venus open landscape, you cannot have a Grineer landscape and not have a Corpus landscape. They are the other major faction, after all. All in all, we've had so much plains content because DE wasn't finished yet, and they don't have a big enough team to get it all done quickly. Add to that, since it's intended to be an area which "grows" with you over time in your Warframe career, it has to have a large amount of content in it. Thus, it took a long time for them to add everything plains-related to the game.

But you can't have a Grineer and Corpus tileset without an infested one! And you can't have all three and not do Orokin. Three+ years of open world focused content later then what?

The biggest problem is it isn't just a break from the rest of the games content, PLAINS(and the other new open worlds) ARE THE CONTENT atm. We don't know of anything else relevant outside of the Kuva missions(which already existed, it's just a new way to farm Kuva though I am still looking forward to it) or "challenge mode"(again, looking forward to this and hope the rewards make the game mode relevant) that will be a focus for WF playtime.

Sorties are easy and even soloable. Fissures are easy and even soloable(though not as rewarding if done this way). The plains is easy(though demands proper loadouts/team comps for some content).

There are so many things DE could do to make their current content more compelling and replayable but they are too focused on Open Worlds atm to the EXCLUSION of almost all else and because of that they double down by forcing playing to go through that content over and over.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

I like many players did not start playing this game for this new open world trend bandwagon DE have jumped on.

And "many" have, also "many" enjoy it despite they didn't start it when the semi-openworld was opened.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

I don't enjoy running around or flying around for minutes in between combat in a sparsely populated environment.

Some do, me included. But this still not a valid argument for anything.

The Plains is a cool idea, it would make a great game on it's own but I'm tired of seeing the main game mode and gameplay type being thrown out the window for the sake of fishing, killing giant bosses so that I can kill giant bosses easier and mining. This game has been flipped from a fast paced action game to a minecraft like, walk around and not engage in combat MMO flop. The resource gathering gets old fast and the requirements on these mats for recipes forces hours of playtime in the Plains doing monotonous activities that are not part of the appeal to WF.

The gameplay mode and style are thrown out how? That sentence implies it was removed somehow. Either you're explaining this badly or emotionally. It's extra content, you don't HAVE to play it and DE doesn't have to add extra content exactly to your taste either (I'm not implying that you implied that, just hypothetical). And last I checked, killing the eidolons or doing the bounties isn't any more slow paced than most of the normal missions, in fact those can be a bit slower. Most of the stuff to farm and mine there is operator specific. It's not like you need to do it, the rest of the game hasn't been turned upside to force you into operator mode, you can do all the normal missions just the same.

Now you continue to force us into the Plains even more with Rivens and the recent unvaulting LOCKING relics to the Plains and Syndicate packs.

Sounds like this is your whole reason for saying anything. Well, you can also get those relics a few other ways, syndicate packs, trading, and even sometimes as an endless fissure reward. And it's not like this is the "main content" of the game either.

Some of us don't want to play this new game mode experiment that is an attempt to appeal to younger crowds who want to walk around and explore, kids who grew up on Minecraft and other openworld game.

Close-minded bias. It's written all over this. You're literally saying that this only appeals to younger crowds. Take that bias and please return it back to the feudal age. And comparing to minecraft? Also other openworld game? The map is fricken tiny for the speed you can explore it.

The focus on Operators and the Plains has been nothing but an exercise in how much crap can you cram into a game while avoiding it being meaningless. Operators are complete garbage with the focus system being reworked multiple times and still being a joke. But if you do want to gear your operator WELCOME TO THE PLAINS! Better get used to being here because you'll be spending a few hundred hours here doing the same damn thing over and over again.

Operators are complete garbage... Congrats for being ignorant on how to use them \o/
Also, spending hundreds of hours doing the same thing over and over again? Sorry, I'm guessing the 8 planets, 2 dwarf planets, 3 moons and the void had very different content  on every node you never EVER repeated... over and over again...

Screw the Plains, Screw open world in WF. It's not what grew the game to where it is today and focusing on it is spitting in the face of what made WF so successful.

Now tell me how wrong I am and that the Plains is amazing and you love spending the majority of your game time in less than 1% of the games missions because that's what DE want, to show off their new baby.

"It's not what grew the game" Well, the old content did it's part but this new content did as well. Statistics show it, not people that become vocal when frustrated that can't control their frustration (and should probably be working on that instead of playing a game).

Also, you've only exaggrated the % of the missions in this game. Half the planets have similar tile sets and a limited number of mission types with just a handful of factions. Only diffence there has been is mob level and assassination bosses (which some are just repeats as well!)

Also, I'd suggest you look up the word "force"(verb).

28 minutes ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

So enjoying the other 99% of the game is not enough, I have to enjoy the Plains too and if I don't I'm not allowed to try and discuss the problem with the recent trend of this games development?

The opinion of a group of people does not mean there is an objective problem. If it does then there will always be a problem, as there is always a group of people will always disagree with something.

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

So they should have left it an unfinished mess just so you could have another gun or a different Grineer to vaporize? Everything on the plains right now was planned since before development on it completed, including the move of the arcanes. Plains are a huge new section of the game and needed a proportionately huge foundation to be made for it, and that takes time. They have nearly if not fully finished their plans for the plains, which means they can move on to splitting the focus of the team between Venus and other content, because they don't need to reinvent the foundation of the plains to do Venus. If you are tired of things, take a break. Come back when it is not as large of a focus. Exploding like a child throwing a tantrum on the forums does nothing towards your grievances. Plenty of people with the same amount of time or experience with the game are either taking a break themselves or are dealing with it by finding things to do in the game outside of the plains.

OMFG I forgot about arcanse being locked away there too now. Thanks for reminding me... Even more proof of the Plains focus.

I'm having a tantrum for pointing out a tunnel vision from a developer who took a game known for one thing and pushed that aside to focus on a completely different, almost to the opposite end of the spectrum gameplay wise, but there is no problem with that in your mind?

We have a horrible precedent set here and that is that with each Open Worlds addition to the game, though it will represent less than 0.5% of the missions in the game, it will require you to go there for hundreds of hours to obtain a large percentage of available items/power added to the game following after it's release. If you don;t want all of this gameplay, well tough. Just go without then otherwise go to the open world bandwagon zone, walk around and do mining and fishing for hours upon hours to get that new weapon YOU WANT TO USE FOR COMBAT! The reason you even play this damn game! This is the problem, the main gameplay loop is broken. You need to spends hours not fighting so that you can fight...

I applaud DE for at least trying something new and hey, some people like it. But there is way more wrong with the Plains and the way content has been contorted to be crammed into the Plains to further force players to get in there than there has been good. Zaws are probably the only net positive to come from the Plains IMO so far.

1 minute ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

But you can't have a Grineer and Corpus tileset without an infested one! And you can't have all three and not do Orokin. Three+ years of open world focused content later then what?

I agree with you on this, the infested probably should get a landscape level as well, but the corrupted remnants in the towers don't have sufficient power, numbers, or importance to have one of their own, especially since their only controlled territory is the towers, which are already covered. Strictly speaking, we don't require more than the original three until we actually go to Tau. As NeithanDiniem mentioned, making further landscapes will not require as much commitment by DE, since they have already figured out the formula to make them.

We've seen from several recent dev releases that they have many things in the works which are not plains related, and you just mentioned a couple of them. They're just not done yet, while the plains stuff was. You cannot claim they are working on the plains in exclusion just because the plains stuff is released first.

Just exercise a little patience, play something other than the plains, and join in the cheering throngs of players when their next content is finally done.

7 minutes ago, MithVakhar said:

And "many" have, also "many" enjoy it despite they didn't start it when the semi-openworld was opened.

Some do, me included. But this still not a valid argument for anything.

The gameplay mode and style are thrown out how? That sentence implies it was removed somehow. Either you're explaining this badly or emotionally. It's extra content, you don't HAVE to play it and DE doesn't have to add extra content exactly to your taste either (I'm not implying that you implied that, just hypothetical). And last I checked, killing the eidolons or doing the bounties isn't any more slow paced than most of the normal missions, in fact those can be a bit slower. Most of the stuff to farm and mine there is operator specific. It's not like you need to do it, the rest of the game hasn't been turned upside to force you into operator mode, you can do all the normal missions just the same.

Sounds like this is your whole reason for saying anything. Well, you can also get those relics a few other ways, syndicate packs, trading, and even sometimes as an endless fissure reward. And it's not like this is the "main content" of the game either.

Close-minded bias. It's written all over this. You're literally saying that this only appeals to younger crowds. Take that bias and please return it back to the feudal age. And comparing to minecraft? Also other openworld game? The map is fricken tiny for the speed you can explore it.

Operators are complete garbage... Congrats for being ignorant on how to use them \o/
Also, spending hundreds of hours doing the same thing over and over again? Sorry, I'm guessing the 8 planets, 2 dwarf planets, 3 moons and the void had very different content  on every node you never EVER repeated... over and over again...

"It's not what grew the game" Well, the old content did it's part but this new content did as well. Statistics show it, not people that become vocal when frustrated that can't control their frustration (and should probably be working on that instead of playing a game).

Also, you've only exaggrated the % of the missions in this game. Half the planets have similar tile sets and a limited number of mission types with just a handful of factions. Only diffence there has been is mob level and assassination bosses (which some are just repeats as well!)

Also, I'd suggest you look up the word "force"(verb).

If anyone wants an example of how to make yourself look arrogant and ignorant please use this as an example.

Count the missions in the game, now  divide by 100. What % of missions in the game does the Plains represent? You can try to contort the figures all you want, Cetus still represents less than 1% of the game but is with each patch having the % of content locked there increased disproportionately.

Nice strawmen btw, maybe you should look up that definition mate. ;) Most of what you say is distorting things I never said or implied.

When your only option to obtain gameplay elements is in one mission and your options are go without or go there, that is forceful. You can spin it however you want but gamers in general want all the cool shiney things in a game and completionists even more so. With the Mastery system being implemented the way it is and the way players treat MR rank as prestigious, it further reinforces a players need to get everything.

You're right I am frustrated with the game. Well done on getting at least one thing right in your comments but I think if you couldn't grasp that with the obvious nature of my initial post you may be a little slow on the uptake. Besides, why would people be vocal when things are great? Do you need a pat on the back everytime you do something well? Most of us don't and it's only when something goes wrong that something needs to be said. DE gets more than enough praise from its community, it;s a shame those same players get so venomous when you dare to say there might be some things in the game that could be improved.

Operators are complete garbage. You can get through over 90% of the content without ever needing or using your operators. The damage of Weapons in this game is so high that  operators are only there usually to bypass limitations and balanced otherwise in place to the extent that they invalidate certain mods existance with void mode resurrects for example and the Energy regen(which we have plates, Rage and Warframes for already). Please tell me why I need operator because I leveled a 2nd account and still only use Operator to cheese resurrects and that is all it is, CHEESE!

If you cannot grasp how the main gameplay is thrown by the wayside when the game was all about corridor combat, 1-4 against a horde of endless enemies to the Plains handful of enemies at a time in between running from one objective to another requiring 400+ meters of travel then I don't know what to say. Seems pretty obvious to me that the two types of gameplay are not alike.

15 minutes ago, deinonychus1 said:

You cannot claim they are working on the plains in exclusion just because the plains stuff is released first.

Just exercise a little patience, play something other than the plains, and join in the cheering throngs of players when their next content is finally done.

NEver claimed that, my problem is the way all the new content releases are distorted to somehow fit into and involve the Plains. New weapons? BPs on the Plains. New set mods? 100% of them are on the plains! 100% of Arcanes now?  Plains Eidolons(which require quite some time investment in the Plains).

As I've stated I'm eagerly looking forward to new content that is not related to the sluggish pace and boring grind that is tied to the Plains, but they are far and few between and we still have no idea if the rewards are even going to justify sinking time into them but hopefully they will. I think there are far easier way to reinvigorate the game by looking at how seasons work in Diablo 3 and Path of Exile for example that could add replayability to the game at far less cost to DE in both financial and time expense.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

PLAINS PLAINS PLAINS PLAINS! MARSHIA MARSHIA MARSHIA!

After finishing Saya's Vigil, the only thing left to expand on Operators is Amps. If you care that much about them then yes, you need to get them through the Plains, but they're hardly crucial to the game. Zaws are another item, but most of their content is unlocked fairly early outside of Exodia Arcanes (which are hardly necessary). You can build a solid Zaw really early, and then once it's Gilded you can let Mods do the rest. Eidolons are indeed locked to the Plains, but it's not like their fight is that heavily based on the environment. They slowly walk around and MIGHT teleport if you do it wrong, which then leads to 60 seconds of searching, tops. Put them in a large arena on a normal tileset and you'd get the same result.

All of these complaints are ignoring the real problem here; you want to be able to do everything, but only in ways that you like. You can't have your cake and eat it too; fun things often require work. Especially in a progress-based pseudo-MMO. If anything on the Plains was mandatory for overall progress, boring to run AND had no useful/fun reward, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but as it is, you basically want everything to be obtained in a way that YOU like, while plenty of people already enjoy the Plains. In fact, I frequently see people saying that Fishing and hunting for gems etc are two of the most fun side activities in the game, and that's where most of the crafting resources you need are acquired. Be thankful that you enjoy the rewards of Zaws, Arcanes and Amps, because I can think of plenty of things in-game that aren't fun to grind OR rewarding to obtain (most Corrupted and Nightmare mods, for instance).

There is almost nothing currently in the game that is fun to use/rewarding to get while also being easy to grind, that's the point of an MMO.

26 minutes ago, MithVakhar said:

The opinion of a group of people does not mean there is an objective problem. If it does then there will always be a problem, as there is always a group of people will always disagree with something.

You misunderstand the concept right off the bat when you fail to get that any gameplay problem is subjective. Some people are ok with Pay to win, implementing it in a game is not an objective issue but a subjective issue. Most gameplay related issues I would argue are exclusively subjective.

Yes there will always be some players who dislike content no matter what you do, the problem with the Plains is, all the people I talk to are sick of the Plains but they go anyways because of the nature of the rewards. The majority of the more veteran members of my clan(MR24s) have completely lost interest in the game and not logged on in months now.

I would love to see an actual survey done to check how happy people are overall with Cetus and the Plains as it is today. Do they go because they find it entertaining and compelling or do they go because they feel obliged to for all the rewards that are locked away to that content? How happy are they with that as well as the content itself. For the most part the Plains is an interesting diversion but the implementation tries to make it a bigger deal than it is.

8 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

After finishing Saya's Vigil, the only thing left to expand on Operators is Amps. If you care that much about them then yes, you need to get them through the Plains, but they're hardly crucial to the game. Zaws are another item, but most of their content is unlocked fairly early outside of Exodia Arcanes (which are hardly necessary). You can build a solid Zaw really early, and then once it's Gilded you can let Mods do the rest. Eidolons are indeed locked to the Plains, but it's not like their fight is that heavily based on the environment. They slowly walk around and MIGHT teleport if you do it wrong, which then leads to 60 seconds of searching, tops. Put them in a large arena on a normal tileset and you'd get the same result.

All of these complaints are ignoring the real problem here; you want to be able to do everything, but only in ways that you like. You can't have your cake and eat it too; fun things often require work. Especially in a progress-based pseudo-MMO. If anything on the Plains was mandatory for overall progress, boring to run AND had no useful/fun reward, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but as it is, you basically want everything to be obtained in a way that YOU like, while plenty of people already enjoy the Plains. In fact, I frequently see people saying that Fishing and hunting for gems etc are two of the most fun side activities in the game, and that's where most of the crafting resources you need are acquired. Be thankful that you enjoy the rewards of Zaws, Arcanes and Amps, because I can think of plenty of things in-game that aren't fun to grind OR rewarding to obtain (most Corrupted and Nightmare mods, for instance).

There is almost nothing currently in the game that is fun to use/rewarding to get while also being easy to grind, that's the point of an MMO.

Operator amps. New weapon blueprints. Vaulted Relics. Zaws. Arcanes. Set mods. New stances, operator cosmetics, pet cosmetics, ship cosmetics, Sayas Vigil and Gara.

This seems like a rather extensive list for you to shrug off, we don't even know what's installed for the future Plains content yet.

Regarding Corrupted and Nightmare farming I actually think those both need a re-visit so I'm not gonna argue that, a lot of dev time that could have been spent making those more compelling are tied to open worlds atm. I've been thinking about making a video about those specifically recently so it's interesting you brought them up.

I don't mind doing the Plains content on occasion, I mean the Plaguestar was kind of fun the first few times. But there is a blackhole of content that is sucking everything rewarding into the Plains atm and I'm worried it will continue this trend in future content and newer open world areas

clarification.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

Operator amps. New weapon blueprints. Vaulted Relics. Zaws. Arcanes. Set mods. New stances, operator cosmetics, pet cosmetics, ship cosmetics, Sayas Vigil and Gara.

This seems like a rather extensive list for you to shrug off, we don't even know what's installed for the future Plains content yet.

Regarding Corrupted and Nightmare farming I actually think those both need a re-visit so I'm not gonna argue that, a lot of dev time that could have been spent making those more compelling are tied to open worlds atm. I've been thinking about making a video about those specifically recently so it's interesting you brought them up.

I don't mind doing the Plains content on occasion, I mean the Plaguestar was kind of fun the first few times. But there is a blackhole of content that is sucking everything rewarding into the Plains atm and I'm worried it will continue this trend in future content and newer open world areas

I wouldn't really count cosmetics among the list of important content, Fashionframe is the true endgame as they say, but it's not like it's real progression. It's

In any case, there is definitely a heavy focus on open world right now, and I personally hope that once they finish up PoV, they'll return to a more balanced content creation method. Every update DE gives feels like they're constantly being pushed by PoV development, rather than having more open development like they've had previously. I hope that PoV is the last Open World for a while at least. However, when Venus Open World releases, they will almost certainly finish significant work on PoE in favour of adding new bits to PoV. As per my previous statement, I imagine that DE has learned a lot from PoE's development. What they've shown so far certainly looks interesting enough (those spider enemies actually look fun to fight with their cloaking and such).

In that regard though, we'll just have to wait. PoE has probably already reached the highest point of what will be put there, with the possible addition of the flying Eidolon being the only thing that we know about.

24 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

I wouldn't really count cosmetics among the list of important content, Fashionframe is the true endgame as they say, but it's not like it's real progression. It's

In any case, there is definitely a heavy focus on open world right now, and I personally hope that once they finish up PoV, they'll return to a more balanced content creation method. Every update DE gives feels like they're constantly being pushed by PoV development, rather than having more open development like they've had previously. I hope that PoV is the last Open World for a while at least. However, when Venus Open World releases, they will almost certainly finish significant work on PoE in favour of adding new bits to PoV. As per my previous statement, I imagine that DE has learned a lot from PoE's development. What they've shown so far certainly looks interesting enough (those spider enemies actually look fun to fight with their cloaking and such).

In that regard though, we'll just have to wait. PoE has probably already reached the highest point of what will be put there, with the possible addition of the flying Eidolon being the only thing that we know about.

There are not many cosmetics you can get without plat in this game so I would argue that those cosmetics are not so easily brushed aside, especailly the Kavat skin, that thing is awesome!

I agree PoV looks interesting from what I have seen but I can't help but hate the heavily reduced combat that open worlds tend to bring to games like this.

I really hope those spider enemies are not all limited to the Plains like the Ghouls are. Many of these new enemy types would make the rest of the game so much more interesting if they are sprinkled throughout the star chart, especially at higher levels.

After several months of Plains focus and seeing mostly more of the same on devstreams I'm just really over it. This game is not evolving, it is turning into something else completely at the cost of the previous contents improvement.

Complaints about being forced onto the Plains is almost funny when I read them. First, nobody is FORCING you to the Plains. You're not required to unlock that riven, you can always sell it for platinum, endo, or credits. You're not required to make the Zaws or the Amps, and you're not required to get MR 25. And you're also not required to get all the arcanes, plenty of builds do just fine without them and if you MUST have them then shell out some plat you earned from doing other missions. When the Plains first hit you know what I saw? A bunch of people complaining on the forums about how the Plains were too isolated from the rest of the game because resources from the Plains were only used on Plains things and once you got all the Cetus standing there wasn't a reason to go there anymore except for the grindfest that is the Quills. Now guess what, DE has added more reasons to go to the Plains and all that's happening is a bunch of babies crying about having to crawl out of the dark, cramped corridors Warframe has spent so much of its life in and do something. If you don't agree with how the game is going, perhaps you should find a different game.