Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Storm: An End-Game Relic Mission

BORK63

Once players get more and more powerful arsenals it can be a drag to play through lower level missions. Lith and Meso fissures are too low level to offer a meaningful amount of affinity/focus without staying in the same mission for too long. Most teams want to go 4 or 5 relic rounds. I believe a way to fix this issue is to apply some of the same concepts from the reworked Dark Sectors.

Upon selecting the mission, all party members select any relic, allowing for a wide range of rewards. The mission starts at level 50. The players are dropped into a random tile, with a random objective against a random faction until their relic is cracked. After completing the relic rotation, the team is transported through a fissure to another random tile and the process repeats until rotation 5 when they are dropped into a random assassination. The boss drops enough reactant to crack the relics.

The random objective keeps the gameplay fresh and prevents a staleness in team composition. Not every objective will be ideal for a semi-afk Banshee. This would definitely give players a fun way to crack relics that doesn't involve just going to Hydron or Stephano. As a bonus, the passive boosters for affinity/resources/credits could be doubled to 50%/100%/150% etc. with each rotation, but that is something that would need to be tested. What does everyone think?

i support this.:clem:

power up mechanic:

if player select N = number of  multiple relic , level will begin with Mn= Lv* N (Lv = Default mission level), 

example = 3 relics, level 50 defense

Level will be; Mn= Lv* N= 50*3 = 150 

in theory there should not be a true limit to N relic to use.

but if N relic > 10 we could use Fibonacci sequence;

Lv= 50

N= relics

Mn'= 11*Lv= 11*50= 550  (11 rel)

Mn''=(N'+0)*Lv= 11*50=550 (12 rel )

Mn'''=(N'+N")*Lv=21*50= 1050 (13 rel )

Mn4=(N"+N''')*Lv= 32*50=1600 (14 rel )

Mn5=(N'''+N4)*Lv=53*50=2150 (15 rel)

very hard, very fun  :D

Being able to crack multiple relics wasn't something I considered, but if it adds to the challenge I'm all for it. 

I've never played payday 2, but if this is something fun in another game thats a good sign this could work for Warframe too.