Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Mode: Emergency Shut Down (Mad Difficulty Warning)

0Z3R0

Emergency Shut Down

Main Objective: Shut down enemy magnetic field generators to weaken their defenses and ultimately set their base to self-destruct.
However: keeping one generator up for long time can benefit player with greater loot. Each 5 minutes played rewards player.

Enemy base contains two magnetic field generators that have different effect on warframes and enemies.
Player have access to both generator rooms at the beginning of the mission but once one of  the generators is shut down
emergency door closes and player must go long path to reach second generator.
While reaching second generator, players must keep enemies away from the first one.
(Upon reactivating first generator they cannot be stopped and, good luck with emergency extraction.)

Generator X: (Berserker, massacre mode)
*Magnetic field Shuts down all warframe abilities and lowers bullet speed and damage of all guns by 90%.
*Field manipulates enemy spawn rate. Each 5 minutes increases it by 300%. ( 20 minutes: 12x more enemies)
While generator is active, optimal weapon of choice is Melee.

Generator Y: (Strategic fighter mode)
Magnetic field decreases all ability damage by 90% and duration by 50% but increases range by 200%.
*Field lessens enemy spawn count but increases their strength. Every 5 minutes increases 200% health, damage by 100% and adds 1000 over-shields (any unit type).
While generator is active, player should play more strategically and use powers to disable enemies.

Emergency Extraction appears when first generator is reactivated by enemy. (This disables drops and activates both effects)
Extraction appears when second generator is shut down: game goes on but effects are gone and reward timer is paused.
(in case some of the players want to extract and others want to continue: Wild Emergency restart button appears on both generators
(keeping the difficulty level but resetting the effects when pressed.
individual Emergency Extraction is available and reward timer moves on.)

Drops should work like in survival. (just a lot better due fast phase of increasing difficulty)

What makes this mode stand out?

1. Players can choose their advanced difficulty mode to feel their custom builds in action.
2. Fastest  increasing difficulty curve compared to any other mission.
3. Team split is needed, this can make some frames and builds stand out more at different tasks. Adds even more difficulty!

What happens if i prepare for melee massacre and team starts with strategic mode?
1. Challenge is to prepare for both given options or team up with friends.
2.  There is group making channel in chat.
3. You can extract alone at 5 minutes or turn around the challenge.

Edited by 0Z3R0

6 minutes ago, BaadshahPrime said:

feel their custom builds?  how on earth they will feel them if all the damage is reduced by  90%? go into void without any mods on ue warframe and weapons  and survive for more than 10 mins, i double dare u.

Reduced damage by 90% is not that much. Basically without rivens and without weapons buffs 3 years ago we had 1/10 of the damage we have now, and we still could do over 1h, even solo.

And YES, the game needs difficulty re-balance that much.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

2 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Reduced damage by 90% is not that much. Basically without rivens and without weapons buffs 3 years ago we had 1/10 of the damage we have now, and we still could do over 1h, even solo.

back then there aren't as many enemy types as now, also a lot of weapons and warframes got hugely nerfed since then but enemies only kept getting stronger

14 minutes ago, BaadshahPrime said:

feel their custom builds?  how on earth they will feel them if all the damage is reduced by  90%? go into void without any mods on ue warframe and weapons  and survive for more than 10 mins, i double dare u.

First mode (Melee berserker): Decreases only gun damage 90% (However i must agree... yes this is actually too much forcing melee on player)... 
Mode increases mob spawn rate. Heavy advantage for melee focused frames and builds. Combo counter will be hitting outer space.
However mob count will be overwhelming.

Second mode (Startegic): Decreases only skill damage so player should mostly use disabling abilities with high range.
Increases usage of snipers or any gun builds so makes gunfights more focused and less blind aiming. While making skill damage factor non existing.

Meaning new custom builds.

Edited by 0Z3R0
DD

16 minutes ago, BaadshahPrime said:

back then there aren't as many enemy types as now, also a lot of weapons and warframes got hugely nerfed since then but enemies only kept getting stronger

The toughest enemies like Gunners, Bombards, Nullifiers are unchanged since back then, and I was not using the powers much either. With the amount of power we have now, 90% reduced damage is not even a challenge. If they also had 10x damage, maybe that would be another story....

15 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

The toughest enemies like Gunners, Bombards, Nullifiers are unchanged since back then, and I was not using the powers much either. With the amount of power we have now, 90% reduced damage is not even a challenge. If they also had 10x damage, maybe that would be another story....

Another thing is:

1.Skills takes huge hit by -90% damage.
2. Guns still have damage but reduced bullet speed by magnetic field... can render them even more useless or open up chances to explore some new ways of guns.

Sounds like some things are not well thought. 

1. Can I do it solo? If no, idea is bad. 

2. What happens if a team splits up and Team B both disconnect? Can the game still be played? 

3. Mission target is unclear. If I push X on Berserk Generator, is it counted as online or offline ? I prefer having Generator X offline as I hate being in Limbo. 90% reduced damage. Dragon Key 2.0: reloaded. 

4. Why would I rush to Generator 2, when I have to defend the offline generator from being reactivated anyway? Your idea turns into a Defense with some Hive impressions  that way. What do i have to do at the second generator anyway? Stare at it? 

5. Generator Y overpowers the enemies exponentially, considering scaling. The changes you mentioned also affects some Warframe abilities which don't rely on strength or duration. Remember Nova 1.0? Frost Snow Globe. Yes,  It will span the whole room. Ash Bladestorm. 

6. When the game begins, BOTH GENERATORS ARE ONLINE? Weapons reduced by 90%, Warframe abilities turned off. What could possibly go wrong? 

The first generator increases spawn rate by 300%, where the other gives enemies 200% health, +100% damage and 1000 overshield?? Add some Level 50 into the mix... Or 80.. Or 100... Although the overshield is bypassed anyway, as long that doesn't scale, too. 

At the same time. This is extremely hard=frustrating to beginners. 

7. Emergency Extraction is undefined. Is it a location to move to or Defense-alike? 

Bottomline: I give it a 2/10: back to drawing board. Why? 

Enemies are heavily influenced. Warframes are impaired. Logic errors, how am I protecting Generator A, when I have to physically go to a second location for no reason except protecting A? Also, as soon the enemies reactivate a Generator, both effects apply again, putting the whole team at risk with reduced DMG and no Powers. Not all players use tanky frames. 

Whew... Didn't do a game type analysis for years. 

Edited by NoSpax

3 hours ago, NoSpax said:

Sounds like some things are not well thought. 

1. Can I do it solo? If no, idea is bad. 

2. What happens if a team splits up and Team B both disconnect? Can the game still be played? 

3. Mission target is unclear. If I push X on Berserk Generator, is it counted as online or offline ? I prefer having Generator X offline as I hate being in Limbo. 90% reduced damage. Dragon Key 2.0: reloaded. 

4. Why would I rush to Generator 2, when I have to defend the offline generator from being reactivated anyway? Your idea turns into a Defense with some Hive impressions  that way. What do i have to do at the second generator anyway? Stare at it? 

5. Generator Y overpowers the enemies exponentially, considering scaling. The changes you mentioned also affects some Warframe abilities which don't rely on strength or duration. Remember Nova 1.0? Frost Snow Globe. Yes,  It will span the whole room. Ash Bladestorm. 

6. When the game begins, BOTH GENERATORS ARE ONLINE? Weapons reduced by 90%, Warframe abilities turned off. What could possibly go wrong? 

The first generator increases spawn rate by 300%, where the other gives enemies 200% health, +100% damage and 1000 overshield?? Add some Level 50 into the mix... Or 80.. Or 100... Although the overshield is bypassed anyway, as long that doesn't scale, too. 

At the same time. This is extremely hard=frustrating to beginners. 

7. Emergency Extraction is undefined. Is it a location to move to or Defense-alike? 

Bottomline: I give it a 2/10: back to drawing board. Why? 

Enemies are heavily influenced. Warframes are impaired. Logic errors, how am I protecting Generator A, when I have to physically go to a second location for no reason except protecting A? Also, as soon the enemies reactivate a Generator, both effects apply again, putting the whole team at risk with reduced DMG and no Powers. Not all players use tanky frames. 

Whew... Didn't do a game type analysis for years. 

You are right actually. Thanks for the good post with some deeper thought in it. I wrote it on the go in unknown time.
Trying to lay down basic idea. Making mission that increases difficulty a lot but not just by increasing enemy level. It should change the game-play also.

Game all ready increases difficulty with increasing enemy levels but in a long run it is still exactly the same.
(I see group of mobs and i swing my aim over them with my Tenora for example. At higher difficulty i need to swing my mouse 2-3 times.
Thats about it... they are dead.)

Solution here should not be  nerfing Tenora or increasing WF difficulty levels as a whole since players like this stuff.
So Warframe is pretty good as it is. However i think that new mission types that wont just increase difficulty but have also a huge impact on
game-play it self would be really good.

So for people who like to have massive mob army and would love to see those massive crit multipliers... lets go full $&*&*#(%&ed with it: make spawn multiplier. How long can u hold up with mad army of mobs?

Personally i would like to have more action where i i need to take some time and put some effort to fight one mob. This would be strategical mode.
So there is way less spawns but each enemy becomes a challenge.

This post is more to promote that direction than complete product.... instead of writing a list of complaints about WF i think its better to come up with sketches.

Now lets get personal:

At first i did not even think that defending offline generator is needed but without it, there would be objective error.
Since i want player to have objective to keep timer running and increase complexity of team-play i added defense objective.
When it comes to solo play: Player should have his main objective to defend deactivated generator and proceed to next generator when he cant hold it anymore.
Generator activating timer for mobs should be long enough, so player can reach second generator while enemy tries to reactivate it.
(timer should be created based on map size and difficulty)

This might be hard at first and have chance of failure even for expierenced player...
This kind of semi difficulty exists even now: Excavation for example can be done solo but lets be honest. usually you wont get too far.

2. Yes, team who is going for second generator should run back to first and defend it. (read ending lines of 1.)

3. When you push the X generator, then you deactivate it. Y generator stays active and you are in strategic mode.

4. You dont need to rush second generator buy you should locate it and be ready for deactivation: EMERGENCY SHUT DOWN!
When team is not able to hold mobs anymore you should be able to deactivate generator effects and proceed to extraction.

5. Ash BS: Mob health and shields scale up and  BS will lose it power reasonably. TBH i have not tested with frost too much but it seems it has health... still op?
Well... even if player is having easy mode with defending disabled generator he still needs to deactivate second one to proceed to extraction.
level scaling + spawn count / health, damage scaling... one should consider if he is able to extract after 40 minutes of globe spamming.

6. When game starts you are locked out. Just like survival. Game starts when you deactivate one generator. Second generator door closes and new route to it appears.

7. I covered it in bold.

Glad to hear and i loved your post!