Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Math for Endless Kuva

--ME--Dudamesh

As we all know, Endless Kuva has been released giving us 200 kuva per extractor, but how do we know which one is better? Mathematically

(As I start typing this, I do not know the result so this is an unbiased explanation but imo, I prefer doing Siphons and Floods)

Let's start with normal Siphons and Floods
I've calculated the average time it takes for me to complete a quick kuva siphon/flood (Capture, Exterminate, not the endless ones and not Boss fights as well) is 4 minutes let's account for the time you spend on the orbiter after extracting and doing other stuff is 1 minute, that's 5 minutes in total to get 550-700 kuva, let's bring this into an average and say we do 5 out of 6 siphons/floods and we always do the 1 flood and don't do the endless/boss fight siphon. (550 + 700) / 2 = 625. (625 * 4) + (625 *2) = 3750. 3750 / 5 = 750 kuva per mission average.

Let's base this around an hour worth of kuva farming.
60 minutes means you can do right around 12 runs of siphons and floods
12 * 750 = 9000 kuva per hour Not accounting for possible Smeeta Charms

Notes:
4 minutes is how long it takes for me to complete a quick mission with a kuva siphon, but that's only the time it takes for me SOLOing the Siphon/Flood so it may or may not be faster.

Spoiler

MORE FACTOR CALCULATIONS

Assuming you do all the 6 siphons/floods
you have (625 * 5) + (625* 2) = 4375 per 6 missions
That's average of 5 minutes accounting for Boss Fights and Endless Kuva Siphons like 5 minute Survival and add let's say 30 more seconds for extra unknown time
that's 5.5 / 60 or 0.092 hours per mission and in an hour we can do approximately 10.896 or 11 missions.

that's actually Less than the previous calculation as 4375 / 6 = 729.16667 or 730 kuva per mission
11 * 730 that's 8030 Kuva per hour

Now let's do the Kuva Endless Survival
What do we know?
Based on the Update Notes:

• A marked enemy carrying a Kuva Catalyst will spawn per Life Support Tower.
  • Picking up this Kuva Catalyst and simply walking up to an unactivated Life Support Tower, transforms the Life Support Tower into a Kuva Harvester. Now you must protect this Kuva Harvester for 1 minute (as indicated on your UI) as enemies will now logically and forcefully attempt to destroy it. If they succeed in destroying the Kuva Harvester, you will lose out on both Kuva and the Life Support Tower.
  • Once the Kuva Harvester is complete, 200 Kuva is awarded to everyone! Completed Kuva Harvesters also give a small percentage of Life Support to aid in your literal Survival.
    • Worth noting that this 200 Kuva is awarded the same way as Kuva Siphon/Flood missions, as opposed to a physical Kuva kool aid bottle drop that was proposed in the Dev Workshop as. Meaning, you do not need to return to the Tower to physically pick up your Kuva, it is instantly awarded (still affected by Boosters and Smeeta Charm). 

In every Survival mission there's one Life Support Tower that will spawn already so assuming there's no time delay on killing the Kuva Catalyst guy and delivering said Catalyst to the Tower, we have 1 minute to get 200 kuva exactly. But then there's 90 seconds you need to wait for one life support tower to spawn again, but we already transformed the other one into a Kuva Harvester and protected it for 1 minute so we only need to wait 30 more seconds. So we can safely assume that for every 2 minutes and 30 seconds, we get 400 kuva

5 minutes we get 800 kuva just 50 more kuva MORE than the average Siphon/Flood
we do this for one hour and we get 
12 * 800 = 9600 Kuva per hour.
Again not accounting for possible Smeeta Charms

Notes:
-This is only THEORETICAL Equations, I have *never* done the new Endless Survival and only based these stuff on what was given as said by the Update Notes

-I did NOT account the time it takes for one Cell to kill, get the Catalyst and deliver said Catalyst to the Life Support Tower. As times are likely to vary.

-Now as unreliable as it may, an Alliance member said they got 3.5k on the 30 min mark or about 7k per hour. but this one is Experimental Data which it's your choice to believe what's right

tl;dr

Kuva Siphons/Floods
Not Accounting for Possible Smeeta Charms we have 9000 (or 18000 Kuva w/booster) per hour doing Siphons and/or Floods
-Time taken is averaged around 4 minutes + 1 more minute for extra time on the orbiter or other occurences
-The mission time is taken on Solo runs, so it may or may not be faster if done with 2 or more people on the Cell
-Time Taken is only on quick missions like Capture or Exterminate, did not account doing the extra 6th siphon assuming it was an endless one.

Kuva Endless Survival
Not Accounting for Possible Smeeta Charms we have 9600 (or 19200 Kuva w/booster) per hour doing Endless Survival
-Time Taken is based on Theoretical Data coming from the Update Notes
-I did NOT account the time it takes for one Cell to Kill, Get the Catalyst, and Deliver said Catalyst to the Life Support Tower. As times are likely to vary.
-Experimental Data shows only 7k per hour based on unreliable and not math-proven data from an Alliance Member

and Please, don't be angry at me if I did something wrong I promise this is an unbiased explanation and I am quite surprised myself of the end result albeit in my opinion, Siphons and Floods are better.

6 minutes ago, Shadoowwwwwwww said:

for every 2 minutes and 30 seconds, we get 400 kuva

This is not correct. Life support drops every 90 seconds and you can run multiple towers at once to catch up if you get behind. It doesn't matter when you start the Kuva. So, it will always be 200 Kuva per 90 seconds, or 133.333 per minute. This is 8000 Kuva per hour.

6 minutes ago, dudefaceguy said:

This is not correct. Life support drops every 90 seconds and you can run multiple towers at once to catch up if you get behind. It doesn't matter when you start the Kuva. So, it will always be 200 Kuva per 90 seconds, or 133.333 per minute. This is 8000 Kuva per hour.

Really? I mean ok

When we start there's one life support tower, we transform it into a kuva harvester and protect it for 60secs and wait 30 more seconds and we get another tower
so its 1m 30s, 3m, 4m 30s, 6m and so on so I don't understand how you can have 'multiple towers'

That's 1minute for 200 kuva, 30s delay, 1 minute for 200 kuva, 1 minute for 200 kuva, 30s delay, 1 minute for 200 kuva. Repeat right?

Edited by Shadoowwwwwwww

Was this mean't to be placed in the feedback catergory or some other forum catergory?

I think DE have already calculated the maths, this isn't exactly feedback, more or less just useful information.

fYNQ6rU.png

Edited by CaptainJLP

1 minute ago, CaptainJLP said:

Was this mean't to be placed in the feedback catergory or some other forum catergory?

I think DE have already calculated the maths, this isn't exactly feedback, more or less just useful information.

I don't really post on the Forums and I don't really know where to place what topic, but this is just, I guess my explanation of sorts to clear other people's opinions, I mean, did DE release the maths themselves?

but then again if this was misplaced in the wrong category I'll be more than happy to get it moved or sumthin :P

Just now, Shadoowwwwwwww said:

I mean, did DE release the maths themselves?

They would have did some math obviously so it wasn't so underrated when it came out but not overpowering over the siphons and flood missions. Anyways don't want to turn this thread into a general conversation so.... well..... okay I'm done here...