Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need leaderboards for mission time

Stoner

It would make it so much easier to coordinate clan events on our own. Adding the mission time to the end mission screen was a very nice change but I think we need a leaderboard for those speedrun players and general competitiveness. Who can complete x mission the fastest. I'd love that. 

No, we really don't ...

Any game with a counter/timer/record whatever had have been always awful.

Look for example S4League, The Crew, GTA Online or any other game.

There are timers which are impossible to beat.

E.g. GTA Online, 5 rounds a la 3 minute-circuit. Recorded time: 0:01s.

Beat that! Screw that instead.

Someone will always find a bug (or hack / exploit) and glitch their way to everlasting never beaten records.

5 hours ago, Pacheon said:

Someone will always find a bug (or hack / exploit) and glitch their way to everlasting never beaten records.

Well ok, then they just have to fix the glitches? Easy....

3 hours ago, MercuryDjinni said:

There's too much RNG involved in the level generation and enemy spawning processes for this to be a viable competitive thing.

Raids had RNG in level generation (Lor stage 3) and people had no problems with it. If all the levels were exactly the same, people would just know by heart where to go. RNG is part of what makes speedrunning fun. Look at Incident Archive (Octavia speedrun), the red notes will always be random.

I dont see anything wrong with having a leaderboard to simply display the best times per missions. 

Am 1.4.2018 um 05:57 schrieb Stoner:

Well ok, then they just have to fix the glitches? Easy....

Raids had RNG in level generation (Lor stage 3) and people had no problems with it. If all the levels were exactly the same, people would just know by heart where to go. RNG is part of what makes speedrunning fun. Look at Incident Archive (Octavia speedrun), the red notes will always be random.

I dont see anything wrong with having a leaderboard to simply display the best times per missions. 

vvv

Am 2.4.2018 um 14:41 schrieb Draugurr:

Yeah it'll be fixed in the next 3 years. When it breaks DEs new toy.

As Draugurr said + they will fix the glitches but probably leave the recorded values.

I haven't seen any game/-developer erasing false record timers, even if they have been achieved due to hacking and glitching.

8 hours ago, Pacheon said:

I haven't seen any game/-developer erasing false record timers, even if they have been achieved due to hacking and glitching.

DE has done exactly this for the past events. Some players achieved scores by glitching and their runs was removed by DE.

I'm not sure about the other argument. You guys seem to think because people can glitch a simple parkour course that the whole game is as easily "glitchable". I'd like to see someone complete a spy mission in 0.01s. But tbh the parkour glitch should've been fixed ages ago... I think they gave up because of their new thing theyre working on.