Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunting Parties

TheLuckyWanderer

Hi all (hoping this is the right area),

I have just started Eidolon hunting, after just completing TWW quests.  Sometimes, I find a group who are on the same page, and it is great, but more often than not, I find myself leaving and re-entering the plains looking for groups who are Eidolon hunting, and consistently being put in the same groups (over and over) of lower level players who are mining or fishing (I am not ranting at them or anything, I am more than happy that they are doing their thing).

I would just like to see implemented somewhere the ability to group in with people who have the same objective when going out into the plains, whether it is having a bounty board option with Konzu or, if you are selecting straight from the star map, it coming up as an option to Eidolon hunt (maybe it comes up 5 minutes before sunset or something) the same way when there is an alert or something where you have multiple options on the same node.

I don't have a lot of time to play these days, and most of my friends have moved onto different games, and my clan is very quiet, so when I do play, it gets frustrating when I have to constantly enter and leave the plains looking for a squad that has the same sort of objective.  As well, I do know that I can check the recruiting tab, and I have, but as I am relatively new to Eidolon hunting, I don't have an optimal setup (I am working on it) and often the squads ask for things I cannot offer.

Konzu has Teralyst and triple Eidelon captures on the bounty board, though you'll still find low- level noobs without even completing Second Dream there, also, if you find a group fishing, doing bounties or mining, ask them if they want to do a capture, players like me will do one thing, but help you if you need it.

Just now, midtarget said:

Konzu has Teralyst and triple Eidelon captures on the bounty board, though you'll still find low- level noobs without even completing Second Dream there, also, if you find a group fishing, doing bounties or mining, ask them if they want to do a capture, players like me will do one thing, but help you if you need it.

Most of the time, the groups I spawn in with are definitely too low level to have completed TWW, so I know that there is no point in asking.  When higher MR levels, I definitely ask.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb TheLuckyWanderer:

Most of the time, the groups I spawn in with are definitely too low level to have completed TWW, so I know that there is no point in asking.  When higher MR levels, I definitely ask.

For group tasks like Eidolon Captures it's best to use the LFG chat channel and handpick your group. Do a dozen runs or so till you're confident with the procedure before you join in the more demanding Triple Eidolon Captures.

Tip:
A blessing-build Trinity is a good choice if you're new to the Eidolon Hunts, as nobody expects you to deal much damage. Knowing lure-spots is essential however, as most players expect you to collect most of the lures for the run.

You might find this guide helpful too: