Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...pistols Have 180% Multishot + 90% Ap, And Riffles Have 90% Multishot + 60% Ap...

W4RM4CHIN3

Not good with numbers, aren't you? 90% MS doesn't guarantee 9 proc out of 10. You have the chance to not proc MS for the whole clip if you're unlucky.

180% MS on Pistols? now that's a whole different topic... Broken

Better than you. With a 90% chance then the average is indeed 9 out of 10, and for every time you get below 90% you are likely to get a 100% clip.

Better than you. With a 90% chance then the average is indeed 9 out of 10, and for every time you get below 90% you are likely to get a 100% clip.

Your chances of scoring a MS Proc doesn't increase by missing a Proc...

It's multiplicative, meaning it essentially takes all your other damage mods into account and doubles them (actually, just like the base damage % does).

Umm, he meant how it stacks... Not how it works to the damage system.

Question:  How does this affect your gameplay at all?  As far as I know, Warframe is a PvE game.  So who cares if one player decides to have 180% MS in his Secondary Weapon?  It doesn't affect you at all.

It does coz if the player next to you is dealing more damage then he'll get more XP.

Question:  How does this affect your gameplay at all?  As far as I know, Warframe is a PvE game.  So who cares if one player decides to have 180% MS in his Secondary Weapon?  It doesn't affect you at all.

yeah, pointless complain is pointless ...

I would totally use couches as throwing weapons.

Forget the couches, I wanna know where I can get a sweet Riffle.

Joking aside, Rifle-class weapons are designed to place more damage on target per shot fired, using fewer shots than Shotguns and Pistols. It makes sense that a Shotgun (which has the idea of multishot built into its name) should be able to acheive higher MS values than a Rifle. It also makes sense that a Pistol (or Machine Pistol, or SMG) should have higher MS capability than a Rifle.

To reiterate, the whole basic point of a Rifle is to deliver more damage with fewer rounds than a Shotgun or a Pistol. It sounds like this thread boils down to personal taste, and I'm perfectly happy with MS scaling as it is. Sidearms could probably stand to have their MS scaled back a bit, but I'll withhold my judgment on that until after I've played with the new mods a bit.

To reiterate, the whole basic point of a Rifle is to deliver more damage with fewer rounds than a Shotgun or a Pistol.

the whole Point of a rifle is range and accuracy ... pistols and shotgund deal more damage per round, but have lmited range, ammo and rate

I'm going to put Lethal Torrent on my Hikou with gunslinger and I'm going to laugh when my Tenno's arms fall off or fly away at how absurdly fast its arms are going to be flailing when throwing these damn things.

lol. this is the reason i want to get the lethal torrent. xD

Let me answer this for you.

PvE game. Competitive players race Events for whatever reason. These unbalanced Mods broke the fairness of these races.

Actually, all the events we had so far either didn't have stuff to be killed or had mobs that would be oneshotted either way.

Come back when there is a sprint speed/stamina mod maybe.

the only reason why secondaries feel stronger than primaries right now is because of armor scaling and damage type.

Kunai, Hikou, Acrid, and maybe Spectra (Bolto and Akbolto if you push it) all ignore damage and, with the exception of Kunai, has no resistances (Kunai is resisted by Grineer Commanders, Rollers, and something else) and deals bonus damage to something else

Despair deals 50% of its damage as armor peircing (same as mods) while having higher base damage, all you need is a good shot.

Rifles have...what?...

Boltor...Flux rifle...what else? Only Boltor being acquired outside of a clan. (Oh and the new Miter)

Paris, Paris Prime, Lanka, Snipetron and whathave you are all Sniper Rifles, Torid and Ogris aren't really rifles.

But look there...from all the armor ignoring damage I've listed, how many of them are hit-scan/reallyreallyfast projectile weapons? :>

Umm, he meant how it stacks... Not how it works to the damage system.

I know perfectly well what he meant. He's asking if the damage stacks additively, like an elemental mod, or if it stacks multiplicatively, where it multiplies the damage rather than adding a static damage. Just look at what he said.

The real question is: is multishot additive like elemental damage or multiplicative like crit rate/damage and fire-rate?

Multishot fires all your shots again, applying after everything else (damage, elemental), and essentially multiplies the damage by the % of multishot you have, instead of applying just to a simple base like elemental. While a 100% elemental damage just adds your base again as damage, multishot applies to not only the base, but also every elemental effect you have. Meaning the damage goes up in much larger chunks than the additive style of elemental stacking (500 base damage with 1500 damage in elemental mods, add another 100% elemental and go from 2000->2500, add a 100% multishot go from 2000->4000).

This is a lot of the reason many people consider multishot gamebreaking, it's like having a secondary mod devoted to base damage (only it adds AFTER a second base damage mod, making it even better than one).

Yeah, the moment I saw this mod, I knew DE was ruining balance more. Despite just getting my acrid, secondary nerf please. It doesn't feel right when secondaries are the best weapons in the game.

Not necessarily a nerf but bring Rifles to same level.

Why does everyone forget? Shotgun multishot increases the number of pellets per shot by X% instead of double fire. Better or worse, I don't know.

Just means if you use shotgun in this game, it takes balls.

It's better because it increases the number of pellets by that much every shot.