The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge FPS drop after new patch

BlackReaper

Hello,

I'm having a huge FPS decrease after the last patch from 80-100 fps to 15-20 fps. I am on an i5 6200U and r5 430m gpu.

I don't see any updates on windows 10 that have been installed today or yesterday and I haven't installed any programs.

My razer keyboards and mices lights also change from my default red to white while in-game but change back to red when in loading screens (not sure if it has to do with Warframe or Razer).

Hope this can be fixed soon ^^

I'm a new player. Just a few days ago. I've heard a lot of good things about this game and that the free to play model wasn't overly predatory. I absolutely love the concept so I've enjoyed it a lot so far. It's so fast pace, so fun. However I go to log in tonight play an hour or two before bed and it has a small patch. No big deal. Fully downloaded in under 2 minutes. I log in and my frames go from their usual 50-60 on max settings to a completely unplayable (especially on a game like this) 5-10. I had to turn off motion blur to even see what I was doing but even then the game was pretty much unplayable. I tried restarting the game client, my computer, shutting down all other programs (although task manager claims it was running the game just fine). Please fix!

I even bought the $50 prime access. A game this cool I thought I should support the devs and it has no optional sub. But I'd like full access to what I payed for. My life has been super hectic so I only get an hour or 2 at most to play lately and unfortunately this is interrupting that time. I don't mean to come off privileged or entitled. I just want to go home after a long day and play some video games, specifically warframe as of late. 

Edited by Velaethia

That was utterly and completely terrible. I decided despite the low frame rights I was gonna try a mission. Not a story mission just a regular side mission. I turned all my graphics to the lowest settings and gained a whole 5 fps (for a maximum of 15 fps). Now a bit of background. I grew up in poverty I didn't have a computer with internet until I was a teen, and even then the computer and internet were both crap. So when it comes to video games I have a high tolerance for bad performance because that's all I had. Now on this game? Naw 15 fps is horrible. I don't know why I even did it. Maybe I'm some kind of masochist. The mission was super easy collect 10 pieces of specific loot and kill 45 mobs and then make it to extraction. It took twice as long as it should've and I died twice when like 10 mobs on me and I couldn't see what was going on or escape. I was able to complete the mission successfully but did not feel like doing my usual exploring loot grabbing I do before I head to extraction. In fact the second I hit 45 kills I didn't even finish killing what I was in combat with I just rushed to extraction. It was horrible and not fun at all. Unplayable. 

Going from 50 fps at the lowest on max graphics to 15 at the highest on low graphics is just bad. Please fix whatever got broken. 

15 hours ago, Velaethia said:

That was utterly and completely terrible. I decided despite the low frame rights I was gonna try a mission. Not a story mission just a regular side mission. I turned all my graphics to the lowest settings and gained a whole 5 fps (for a maximum of 15 fps). Now a bit of background. I grew up in poverty I didn't have a computer with internet until I was a teen, and even then the computer and internet were both crap. So when it comes to video games I have a high tolerance for bad performance because that's all I had. Now on this game? Naw 15 fps is horrible. I don't know why I even did it. Maybe I'm some kind of masochist. The mission was super easy collect 10 pieces of specific loot and kill 45 mobs and then make it to extraction. It took twice as long as it should've and I died twice when like 10 mobs on me and I couldn't see what was going on or escape. I was able to complete the mission successfully but did not feel like doing my usual exploring loot grabbing I do before I head to extraction. In fact the second I hit 45 kills I didn't even finish killing what I was in combat with I just rushed to extraction. It was horrible and not fun at all. Unplayable. 

Going from 50 fps at the lowest on max graphics to 15 at the highest on low graphics is just bad. Please fix whatever got broken. 

Hey, I've been on and off with this game since closed beta update 5 and this is the first time something like this is happening as far as I'm concerned any performance drops were never this big, usually they improve on the performance to get more fps but this is really bad at the moment, not playable im already on 720p resolution and can't go any lower as the game doesn't allow me to and I'm not sure I would want to go anyway.... so we'll have to wait for now >_>

1 hour ago, BlackReaper said:

Hey, I've been on and off with this game since closed beta update 5 and this is the first time something like this is happening as far as I'm concerned any performance drops were never this big, usually they improve on the performance to get more fps but this is really bad at the moment, not playable im already on 720p resolution and can't go any lower as the game doesn't allow me to and I'm not sure I would want to go anyway.... so we'll have to wait for now >_>

It just kind of sucks. I invested $50 into this game. Completely optional as it's free to play and like the next day this happens.

10 hours ago, Velaethia said:

Oh yay! I just tried to log in again. Second time today. Earlier it wasn't working and now it's back to normal. Thank the gods. 

Hey, I fixed it yesterday by clean reinstalling my AMD gpu drivers.