The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't see anything with Limbo when in the rift (On low graphics)

MicroFlashy

I don't know if this is a bug or just a "feature" but when I play Limbo which is one of my favorite frames I'm forced to spend more time outside of the rift then I would like simply because the screen is too dark when I enter the rift, especially in the Plains both during night and day - except It's too white/bright during day.

I've tried playing around with the brightness and contrast, when I have higher contrast it is always completely dark and I can barely tell where my character is on the screen, and when I have brightness higher than contrast It's just completely white, but I can  at least tell where my character is right?

I'd like a feature that disables the different view or just a fix for this, cause it's very annoying.

I've experienced the same thing, it happens with a great number of outdoor tilesets. I'm not sure if a screenshot would do it justice, as my main difficulty is navigating while in the rift, to the point where I use the minimap and memory to find my way around half the time.

Il y a 18 heures, [DE]Dmitri a dit :

Hi MicroFlashy,

Is there any chance you could provide a screenshot as an example of what you're experiencing?

Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/Mhi9R

I took 8 screenshots: 2 different spots during the day, one of which is normal and the other in the rift per set, and the same for night time. Also note how hard it is to see water in the night.

This looks very similar to an issue I've been having, apologies if this is slightly off-topic.

When "Adaptive Exposure" and "High Dynamic Range" disabled, any dark sections of the game are so dark as to be near unplayable. It appears that lighting balancing was done with no consideration to having these options disabled, so when in the Plains at night, on Eris, the Kuva Fortress it gets VERY dark. Combine this with the effect Limbo has on contrast and you get the issue you are seeing.

Personally I can't stand the way these 2 options make the game look (AE makes me queasy and HDR makes much of the game look flat) so I just deal with blindness and avoid the plains at night as much as possible.

I've also noticed that HDR doesn't work without AE enabled, not sure if this is intended.