Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Fortresses

(XBOX)huhsaywhat

Give the syndicates a place to call home like the Steel Meridians Iron Wake.

They could be a place locked to your affiliated syndicates and offer the usual missions along with some lore related quests for some more backstory.

Alternatively the fortresses allow freelance work to none syndicate members for mission rewards like vaulted relics instead of the bounty system or for other rewards fitting into this model.

The other syndicates deserve their own unique location to operate out of. They could possibly be equipped with a navigation like in relays to feel like your working with the syndicate more personally instead of through menus and loading screens between relays.

1 hour ago, (XB1)huhsaywhat said:

Give the syndicates a place to call home like the Steel Meridians Iron Wake.

Wouldn't this suggest this is already in the works?

They could be a place locked to your affiliated syndicates and offer the usual missions along with some lore related quests for some more backstory.

Lore locked behind Syndicate ranks. People complain that there are cosmetics that you have to level the Syndicate for. People would throw a fit.

mission rewards like vaulted relics

Buy the Relic packs in the Syndicate of your choice. You get a chance at Relics that are unvaulted. Unlikely to ever have the ability to get vaulted Relics as that would invalidate the existence of the Vault in the first place.

It may be in the works but I'm unaware of any development on the matter.

The lore doesn't have to be locked, thats what the freelancer side could address. Just some kind of story for them, characters without a background feel empty and bland. I ask myself why do I care about these people and their role in the galaxy? 

The vaulted relic idea is just a change instead of the bounty method for acquiring them (which many did not enjoy), not to just get vaulted relics for every reward. Relic packs are great but different avenues for acquisition would be nice.

As they stand the syndicates feel like a shallow way to get archweapon parts, restore packs and augments. Cosmetics and weapons are nice and they fit but the rest could be moved elsewhere.

I feel they should appear more alive and active, not as a background dynamic some overlook.

Kingpin missions are going to add more depth to the syndicates but this could be a good parallel to add with that.