The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen freezing while in missions

Oakenbrew

Hello,

I'm currently having an issue with the screen freezing at seemingly random times when I am in missions. I have decent hardware, nothing is overheating, I have updated graphics drivers, I have tried running scans for any malicious software, and I have tried keeping on eye on resource usage when the game is open and I am playing it. There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, the screen just freezes when I am doing missions. The sound continues as normal with enemies attacking and I can even hear my own attacks. I cannot seem to figure out what's causing the screen to freeze and I've tried looking for people having a similar issue and have not been able to find anyone saying the same thing is happening. I was wondering if anyone could assist with this issue.

I also got the same issue, BUT, i noticed something.. This happened not because of hardware problem because it happens everytime i go into pub mission basically squad situation. I noticed that if you have a bad host or your network is bad also. It constantly freeze for some time. Even in the dojo where you don't have enemy also suffering the same fate.

15 hours ago, megamino said:

bad host or your network is bad also.

I mostly play solo and I do not have any connection or network issues. At least not on my end. Every other game I play works perfectly fine. I am only having this issue with Warframe. It seems to happen almost at completely random times during the missions I am in. The screen just freeze frames and the game becomes unplayable. This has also only started happening recently for me. Up until the last month or so I had never had this issue before.

Edited by Oakenbrew

I've been experiencing a similar issue for last few days as well. Everything locks up for a moment and screen goes a static color (Like full brown, white, black, etc. One of these usually.) and then eventually Warframe stops displaying entirely. I also looked at my Windows Notifcations and I see "Application Warframe.64x.e has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware." 

This all just recently started happening a few days back. Happens mid mission usually. I just recently got into the game and have been playing fine for the past few weeks up until recently.

Edited by ChichenJ

To all you guys that picture is freezing or crash to desktop im 90% sure its memory problem foulty ram or low voltage bad overclock or setting. 

Run this program http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html 

just open the software if you have CPU with Cores 4/8 threads you open it 8 times type in amout of ram for example if you have 16 gb you type in 2000 in each window and let it run but remember windows and other stuff takes up ram to so type in 1700mb in each and check in task manager so you get close to full ram make sure it runs to atleast 100% this way you can atleast rule out memory problem i know warframe is extreamly sensitive for memory errors it will crash fastest crash would happend in POE if you are a HOST.

GL hope this solves your problems.

I tried running the memory test and let it go for a few hours and it didn't come back with any errors. A friend of mine suggested it might be a TDR crash, which is a feature of Windows 7 and up to supposedly prevent a BSOD. I'm going to see if that is a fix and if so I'll post any results I get here and share what my friend suggested.

Edit:

I was able to determine that it was definitely a graphics driver issue using the Event Viewer. I was referencing this page:

I'm going to try the suggested fix on this page and see if it works.

Edited by Oakenbrew
Adding additional information