The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game auto minimize help

Darkest

Hello guys. I am a returning player so i downloaded and installed warframe, i play after some time the screen turn plain grey then the game minimize but in the background i can still hear the game and i can still move and shoot but clicking the minimized warframe sometimes is just bring back the same plain grey screen some times it does not even wanna leave minimize mode. I have to force shut it down. The thing is other games are not doing this. So to make sure i reinstalled windows and just installed the necessary to run the game and is still doing it and after i installed my other games and they are not doing it.

My Rig is:

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits  (Latest Updated Build)
Intel i7 3770 4.0hz
Asus P8H77-I    
G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1600 
EVGA GTX 970 SC 4GB (Stock Settings)
Ultra LSP 750W

On 14.04.2018 at 2:28 AM, Darkest said:

after some time the screen turn plain grey then the game minimize but in the background i can still hear the game and i can still move and shoot but clicking the minimized warframe sometimes is just bring back the same plain grey screen some times it does not even wanna leave minimize mode. I have to force shut it down.

^ I'm currently experiencing very similar issue (since 04-13-2018 to be exact). Client works as normal for some time then suddenly mid-mission minimizes and refuses to hop back to borderless. I still can hear enviroment and messages. As it appears from the sounds I can still interact normally (shoot, move, melee, abilities etc.) Sadly, in the end I have to forcefully shut it down and start client again. It happens not only on Cetus Gate or Plains as it was reported in the past. My last was standard version of Hydron, Sedna. 

What I find interesting is that this error is quite difficult to replicate on demand. Hence I was unable to find any reliable indicators of the direct cause or error code message due to the fact that client is working, but not rendering visual side.

I checked most common stuff on my end. Furthermore, I've already tried "official DE" tips as well as various trips people tried by themselves in the past (going back as far as 2014) without success.

I was having this exact issue up until the 'Beasts of the Sanctuary' update. Now my screen stays the grayish color and my second monitor will show a red/purple color. I can hear a looping sound in the background but I can perform any inputs and am forced to restart my computer. I've had the crash happen once the morning of the update. Again while I was idle on my orbiter away from my computer, and most recently while going through the portal in the Sanctuary. As @Vennikyo said, it is not easy to replicate, it seems to happen almost at random. I've gone days without a crash and other times two crashed will happen within minutes of each other.