Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Falling Melee Attack.

tikii

For a few badass moments, jumping onto an enemy from above and using your melee looks great, until you realise the attack did the same amount as a non-heavy attack. The falling melee does the same damage as a light uncharged attack, making it virtually useless, and also making it seem like one of those things that the developers didn't finish in this current beta build.

While I'm sure the developers had a plan for this, I'd like to see a change made so that superjump and ziplines can lead to practical damage on enemies instead of what's currently in place.

AoE?

Damage multiplied based on how long/far you fall?

What do you think?

Edited by tikii

AoE?

Damage multiplied based on how long/far you fall?

I would agree with both. I feel that having a multiplier would be sick, along with some slight AOE...and maybe if we start high enough, we actually put the enemies into a stasis-like slow-motion AOE explosion? Food for thought...

Something I considered as well. I wouldn't want to make Exalibur too extremely &!$$ easy to play, but it would add some use behind his superjump, allowing him to reach higher areas for better falling attacks.

It also seems that +melee damage mods no longer add to damage from jump attacks, or the heat sword is bugged. I used to do as much damage as a regular attack at least, now I only take off a sliver of health even if I land directly on them. Makes jump attacks pretty worthless.

Not on a Fragor... Fragor's AE is so huge that you jump in the middle of a room and everything within 5-7 gets knocked down (and slowed or shocked since it applies elemental effects). Funny it is with the Generetor you have to destroy as a mission goal.. just stand somewhere in the room and jump attack with fragor and the whole thing blows :D

Yes, because it would be cool.

Yes, because it wouldn't be gamebreaking since you'd have see some effort on getting somewhere high first.

Yes, because it would make sense.

Yes, because it would fit to the game.

Yes, because it would be cool.

No, because it could be too fun.

100% in agreeance that the jump atk needs love

it does have different functionality than the standard atk however (some weapons cause KD) so that might be why DE has it doing less dmg

but thematically and ingame it just feels wrong to have the jump atk do LESS dmg than my standard swing, it takes LONGER than my charge atk FFS! =P

I would like to see the jump and slide atks doing a similar amount of dmg, and maybe have their dmg/spd effected by either regular melee dmg upgrades OR charge dmg upgrades

I dont necessarily think the jump/slide atks should do as much dmg as the charge atks, but it seems strange that it is easier to spam charge atks than it is to perform jump/slide atks, but charge atks do more dmg

maybe a good middle ground would be to have jump/slide atks do 50% of charge atk dmg? or 200% of normal atk dmg?

something along these lines IMHO would greatly increase the incentive for Tenno to do more jumping/sliding around in melee combat

and we all know how much the Tenno love to jump and slide =]