Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Viable Is Burston For End Game?

AbsolutTalent

Just curious if anyone else was using this for later game and how well it does.

I am currently using one that is forma'ed twice, and only have half the planets unlocked, so not sure how much it will do after Uranus.

I would prefer to stick with this type, It just feels right to me. When I used my braton, i tended to spray and pray and didnt do much good. And I didnt quite like the feel of the latron. But hitscan is what I want to stick with and this seems to give me a good balance

h9nd.jpg

is it worth tossing another forma on there? Or would I just be wasting my time?

Just keep the Burston and ignore people who say it's useless because it has no armor ignore.

Use the weapons you enjoy to use.

Both my primary and secondary don't ignore any armor, and I'm going to use them forever.

(Braton Prime, Bronco Prime)

Just keep the Burston and ignore people who say it's useless because it has no armor ignore.

Use the weapons you enjoy to use.

Both my primary and secondary don't ignore any armor, and I'm going to use them forever.

(Braton Prime, Bronco Prime)

Don't give him a bad answer as we all know armor ignore is a must for end game as of now.

He asked for end game, it is useless for end game as you will do about 1/10 of its real damage due to armor. Those weapons are fine for 50-80ish but one it comes to the point of 100+ they will do nothing and become pointless...just like the majority of weapons.

Edited by dadgoat

Don't give him a bad answer as we all know armor ignore is a must for end game as of now.

He asked for end game, it is useless for end game as you will do about 1/10 of its real damage due to armor. Those weapons are fine for 50-80ish but one it comes to the point of 100+ they will do nothing and become pointless...just like the majority of weapons.

Though, I'd say, just use the weapon you enjoy using.

''Boltor is god tier''

I sold it because it's boring to use.

''Acrid is the most OP weapon in the game''

Not even going to bother using it.

In my opinion, even though AP currently rules the game, I'd say you should only use the weapons you want to use.

Bullet (non-armor ignore) weapons can indeed be viable endgame, it just takes more work.  In addition to maximizing mods, you need to make the most of Auras and Warframe abilities to use these weapons effectively.  Corrosive Projection makes a noticeable difference, Rifle Amp would also help (but not quite as much).  Rhino's Roar will further buff damage, alternatively Nova's M.Prime will debuff enemies.  Banshee's Sonar is a powerful option if you are accurate, and Volt's Shield also provides a (directional) damage buff.

I've brought hitscans into T3 defense several times, and high-wave defense as well.  It is viable, it's just not as easy as clan tech.